Anyone in the Jacksonville area want to look at a couple cars for me? - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-03-2006, 06:56 PM Thread Starter
5th Gear Poster

Anyone in the Jacksonville area want to look at a couple cars for me?

I was checking the papers and sale sites for a V8 Cougar and the best candidates I can find are in Jacksonville which is about a 3 hour drive for me. I called on one partly because it doesn't have a picture in the listing and asked about the condition of the exterior. The owner told me that the paint was faded like a 12 year old car. Made no sense to me and he couldn't really tell me any better. So if anyone can help please let me know. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-04-2006, 07:19 AM

What are you looking for and what are you looking to spend?
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-04-2006, 07:22 AM Thread Starter
5th Gear Poster

I'm looking for a V8 Cougar. Thunderbirds are nice too but I'd prefer a Cougar. I'd prefer not to go over $2000 but who knows I might get a loan. Of course if I find something else that is a good deal I'll probably jump on it. My Cougar is giveing me grief and I'm thinking about getting rid of it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-04-2006, 02:31 PM

I was just wondering because mine is for sale and we are in the same area.I was asking $5,000 but I might be a bit negotiable.Mine needs nothing and is in nearly perfect shape.
http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=86616
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-05-2006, 09:41 AM Thread Starter
5th Gear Poster

Beautiful car but more than I can really afford right now. I just love the MN12 cars and mine is needing some work and I'm debating fixing it or getting something else.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-05-2006, 10:09 AM

No problem.You should be able to find a decent V8 MN12 in the $2,000-$3,000 range.You would probably be much happier with a V8 car than your current one.There is a HUGE difference in performance.Mine gets 22-23mpg in the city with easy driving,so I wouldn't worry about the V8 gas mileage.If you find something and need some parts let me know because I have some stuff laying around.I am around dealerships all across Brevard county for my job and usually run across some deals on cars so I will keep an eye out for you.Good luck in your search.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-05-2006, 02:24 PM Thread Starter
5th Gear Poster

I'm not worried about the mileage because a friend of mine had a '94 T-bird with a V8 and he got better gas mileage than I get in my V6 Cougar. The only V8 cougar I've come across in the Melbourne Palm Bay area recently was a '95 and had an asking price of $4000 because it had a playstation and monitor in it. They guy said it had a 5.0 and didn't seem to want to take out the playstation and monitor. He also said with some rims it would be off the chain. Good grief. If you come across something please let me know.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-11-2006, 08:52 AM Thread Starter
5th Gear Poster

here's the one I was talking about.
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...g=&cardist=171

Last edited by Optimus Prime; 08-11-2006 at 09:10 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in