Any one by Tyndall Air Force Base??? - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-11-2006, 06:57 PM Thread Starter
Beer and Cheese

Garage
Any one by Tyndall Air Force Base???

I will be there the 21st to the 28th of this month for training. We get the 27th off, so is there any thing to do around that general area for a day? Bars, clubs, shops, malls, ext?

-Josh

God Bless the men & women who have served and serving to keep us free
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-11-2006, 09:08 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

i have never been there but i have one thing to say........you suck! i never get any good tdy's like that.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-12-2006, 12:58 AM Thread Starter
Beer and Cheese

Garage
well its going to suck if thats what you mean...its nothing but training, kinda like a small boot camp all over again.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-12-2006, 07:07 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

im sure it wont be that bad, you'll be in florida. and a good spot in florida to boot! (panama city, there will be a crap load of stuff to do)
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-12-2006, 10:20 AM
PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordFanatic
...(panama city, there will be a crap load of stuff to do)

Well, I'm old and don't know much about nightlife and such but I wouldn't classify this area as one with "a crap load of stuff to do" . Not at this time of year anyway. Most of the stuff on the Redneck Riviera (aka the Beach) is closed up or gone to make way for condos. What tourists there are in town are snowbirds and they get fewer every year.

A WI guy with thick blood may be able to hit the beach this time of year and get some sun and sand. Check into the Appalachicola Seafood Festival if that kind of thing rings your bell. Our seafood festival is this weekend so you just missed that. If you're a fisherman there's plenty of that in the area though some of the captains may be on vacation due to the aformentioned lack of tourists. Might be some hunting available if you're into that, I dont know seasons but can find out.... Destin is about an hour away to the west, Tallahassee is an hour and half or so from Tyndall (FSU football game?). Closest 1/4 mile drag strip is in Valdosta, GA about 3 hours off, 1/8 mile track in town (http://www.breakawaydragway.com/), sort of. PM me with anything else you might be interested in and I'll see what I can find. You can also poke around on http://www.emeraldcoast.com/ and see if anything comes up. A call to Tyndall's MWR office might be a thing to check too....

Sometimes, we just need to remember what the rules of life really are:
You only need two tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-12-2006, 11:07 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

well that could be true, im just going by what i've been told. thats where we hold ammo bowl every year (softball tourney) and everyone comes back saying how kick anus it is.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-30-2006, 12:35 PM Thread Starter
Beer and Cheese

Garage
So I'm back, we all went to Toucans, off hwy 10 in Panama City. Florida has the worst bugs, these little nats give everyone the worst bug bites, I’ve been back for 2 days and they still itch. The weather was good up until we left (rainy). I did see a nice t-bird on hwy 10, white with nice rims, anyone? Very beautiful state, possible vacation spot for next year...thanks

Josh

Last edited by OxmanWI; 10-30-2006 at 02:15 PM.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-30-2006, 12:57 PM
PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by OxmanWI
So I'm back, we all went to Toucans, off hwy 10 in Panama City. Florida has the worst bugs, these little nats give everyone the worst bug bits, I’ve been back for 2 days and they still itch. The weather was good up until we left (rainy). I did see a nice t-bird on hwy 10, white with nice rims, anyone? Very beautiful state, possible vacation spot for next year...thanks

Josh
My 'Bird's white but it wasn't me.

Those are called nosee'ums, they only mess with people that have no suntan.

Sometimes, we just need to remember what the rules of life really are:
You only need two tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-30-2006, 01:03 PM
Who is John Galt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OxmanWI
I did see a nice t-bird on hwy 10, white with nice rims, anyone?
Obucna maybe?

"Won't work, can't be done"
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-30-2006, 01:49 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to The Great Obucina
nein!

"Booyah". Stu Scott.
1996 Braincoated, all Aluminum PI powered and obscenely loud Pearl White Tbird [email protected] AKA Dyrdek.
2013 Black on black FX2 Supercrew Ecoboost F150. Roll onto the scene with the ceiling missing.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-30-2006, 02:57 PM
4th Gear Poster

Send a message via Skype™ to KJH95
Quote:
Originally Posted by doodaa
My 'Bird's white but it wasn't me.

Those are called nosee'ums, they only mess with people that have no suntan.
Yeah they are bad, the closer you are to the water the worse they are. And they dont bite you. They leave an "acid" so you will say that itchs. You dont wanna know how they leave it on you.

Nice white T-bird with rims? I got a white one and so does a friend. But neither of ours have rims.

And as for vacation spot. In the Spring and Summer yes it is. Always something to do along the coast. My favorite thing to do is go to a place called Crab Island in destin.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in