TCCoA Forums banner

How Long Can A Bottle Be Used

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Birdman232 
#1 ·
BEFORE ARE RECHECKED :confused: THE DATE IS 86 CAN IT BE 20 YEARS :( ..THE O/2 BOTTLES ARE EVERY 10 YEARS :D NEED SOME INFO :(

#5 ·
most tanks now have LUXFER tag on them which means it must be hydrostatically tested every 5 years.

I used to play paintball, so i had to deal with this on my markers running compressed air/HPA/nitrious waht ever you guys want to call it(paintballers just call it HPA) And the *Fiberwrapped tanks that carry a luxfer tag are 5 years, and non luxfer tagged tanks are 3 years.(Steel bottles are 5 years regardless, and real tiny ones carry a lifetime hydro(very few though)* But this can be put twards all bottles that carry a gas or pressurized liquid/gas mixture.

as long as it passes hydro. testing, it can be used forever, or untill the laws are changed to say different. Next time you get your bottle filled ask the guys that fill it and they can looka t the tag on the bottle and tell you.

*when i used to work at a paintball pro-shop, that was what the booklet said that i had to read to fill co2/compressed air tanks.*

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.