TCCoA Forums banner

Went to visit Dirtyd0g this weekend...

1K views 45 replies 14 participants last post by  General Zod 
#1 · (Edited)
Well, I had a 2800 Stall TC put into the car and a mildly agressive J-Mod.

I'll let the pics do the talking :)

My Car in the shop

Tranny out of the car

Valvebody

More VB fun

More VB

New TC

All Done!

And now... for the result:

(709 kb) Look what I can do!!

The install never had any problems, and a LOT of critical parts were replaced that really needed it (O/D Band, Intermediate clutches, etc.). This tranny job just added a bunch of life and a LOT of fun into the car. Alan did a fantastic job and I recommend him to anyone seriously considering this mod.

It is well worth the money!

John

See less See more
#32 ·
I have a question about the TC / J-Mod..

When I accelerate REALLY slow from 20 to 45 I feel like the car is trying to find out which gear it is as it shifts back and forth (feels like) to find where it is going, and then by 40 MPH the converter makes the car feel like it is in neutral.

However, when I stomp on it, everything is like clockwork!

Just curious on what was going on in the tranny when this happens.

#35 ·
dirtyd0g said:
I think you are feeling the extra stall that you are not used to. Once it goes into lockup it goes away.
Alan
That is probably it.

What do you mean by lockup?

#37 ·
veyito_169, if you buy a 11.25" converter, all you need to do is drop the tranny to swap it out....while the tranny is out, unbolt the old flexplate from the crank and bolt the new one in......its time consuming, but pretty simple.....so any shop that can drop a transmission would be able to pull/replace the converter and replace the flexplate

#39 ·
guitar maestro said:
damn....i wanna do that :(

hmm......its only a 20 hr drive to ohio .....i'll have to plan a summer road trip :)

Heck, I drove 9.5 hours to get there. I took the wife and stayed in a few hotels… It was like a mini vacation. I think it was worth the ride to the Mecca of TQ's? :D

#41 ·
Hey All,
I have to vouch for Alan's work also. He built me a 165K TC to put behind my 351C and 03 4R70W. It's friggin awesome. I've had it for some time now, and with the abuse I put on my trans, that thing just holds and goes. I've got the trans set up to engage the TC at 3000 rpm in second while at WOT, and a "normal" setting while just cruising. Let's just say it'll take a while for the smile to get off my face. A LONG while......

Thanks again Alan!

#45 ·
dirtyd0g said:
coal has become my fuel of choice :)
Geez, I had the A/C on in the shop earlier this week. :cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.