Tint Problems $$$$$ - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-21-2007, 01:57 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to Gereima
Tint Problems $$$$$

I was on my way to paintball practice in Somerville the other day and I got pulled over for my tint. He pulled out his handy dandy light meter and was trying to tell me its 17% visiability. I know that is totally wrong because a they dont make 17% and my window were very very dirty (still covered from the snow salt ). Anyway I fought the ticket and the court date is coming up any idea how to beat this??? I read you can get a doctors note but could not find any forms for it. All so did ford pre-tint the windows in 97? Someone please help I dont want my insurance any higher or to take the tint off. But if it comes down to taking the tint off I can I would to skip a $250 fee. How would I prove I took it off?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-21-2007, 02:38 AM
Banned

on the back of the ticket i got for my limo tint in my front windows it had a box or two where you could get anyone working for the po-po (jus as a sherrif to do so real quick, thats what i did) to sign the ticket to pay it off. remove the tint and pay the fine (it was 70 bucks here in cali, would be different for other states) and be on your way.

shoot the person who signed me off didnt even look at my car, i even had the tint on at the time lol. i still removed it tho.

your insurance WONT go up...fix-it tickets and minor fines dont go on your record (i just had a dmv backround check for the job im at and didnt show anything).

havent heard of keeping tint due to medical reasons, but heck if fat people can sue mcdonalds i dont see why you cant fight your tint.

edit: mass. state law allows 35% tint up front, why dont you jus get 35% all around? that would look great
that or you could get a doctor to fill out a dmv medical form saying you have sensitive eye sight due to uv rays. not that i have done this or know anyone that has but yes lots have got away with it cuz they NEEDED it lol. i doubt your doctor would allow this but hey its worth a shot.

here is the dmv medical form: http://www.dmv.ca.gov/forms/ds/ds326.pdf

Last edited by Porkchop; 05-21-2007 at 03:35 AM.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-21-2007, 07:46 AM
Road warrior extrodinaire

Super Moderator

Garage
If you have 20% tint and the windows are dirty that could result in a 17% reading. Like Porkchop said your insurance won't go up since a tint ticket is not a moving violation.

Pictures of the car with the license plate visible in them should be sufficent proof that you removed the tint if you choose that course of action. Or, just drive the car to court and if the judge doesn't believe you tell him the car's in the parking lot if he'd like to look.

Mods? Yea, I got mods ...
Air silencer delete, warp drive, dilithium crystals, flux capacitor, Slingshot Rubber band power adder, Moonshine & Gas, Leaf Blower Supercharger, Hamster Wheel & Hamster, Energizer Bunny generating 1.21 gigawatts, Mr. Fusion® Home Energy Reactor, hover conversion and a sextant celestial navigation system (The original GPS)
Best 1/4: 1,320 nanoseconds @ 670,616,629.2 miles per hour

"There isn't that much difference anymore between spacecraft, aircraft and modern automobiles..." - Keith Henry, NASA's Langley Research Center
See a list of my real mods and pictures of my car HERE. The true performance of my car was made possible by the Carolinas Crew Chief, RobertP at Rob's Tire & Auto
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-21-2007, 09:16 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to The Great Obucina
you do have your invoice?

"Booyah". Stu Scott.
1996 Braincoated, all Aluminum PI powered and obscenely loud Pearl White Tbird [email protected] AKA Dyrdek.
2013 Black on black FX2 Supercrew Ecoboost F150. Roll onto the scene with the ceiling missing.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-21-2007, 10:08 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to Gereima
My eye doctor has since retired but I know another eye doctor that might do it for me. I would have to have my eyes examined again but I truely think I suffer from photophobia I think it called (very sensitive to lights). Now would I have to mail the form in or just bring it to court. Also I got charged with not having me selt belt on but I truely did. Should I use this to my defense because if my tint is so dark how could he see my selt belt???
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-27-2007, 09:01 AM
5th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to rjstat
What you state is true with a doctor’s note you would be able to get off with out fine the same trooper that stopped you has stopped my son for loud exhaust and gave him a ticket for loud exhaust I no this because he is always in that area giving tickets (and is the only one of the troopers writing tickets). My son fought the ticket and won stating when he wrote the ticket the trooper did not conduct a sound test using a decibel meter and the ASE testing procedure that where acceptable CA. I think the magistrate was impressed that the trooper was schooled by a freshman college kid. So see the doc get the note and you may be able to keep the tint. It’s good to get your eyes checked once a year anyway

97 - 4.6L Alpine Green Cougar XR-7 w/ Fiber Concepts Hood, SPC cold air intake, 2.5 SLP Dual Exhaust, Eclipse CD4000 w/ Polk's speakers, Koni Shocks, 11/4" Addco sway bars, and Vogtland more to come.
05 - 5.4L Black Eddie Bauer Expedition loaded
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-01-2007, 07:33 AM
Formerly Fdawg97LX

Send a message via AIM to Fdawg03SVT
when i got a ticket for my tint i just went to the court and told them i took it off. they didnt ask to see the car or or pictures or anything. this was at the malden court though

btw, i play paintball in somerville too

2007 Dodge Ram 1500
2008 Suzuki GSX-R1000

Previous Rides:
2003 Suzuki GSX-R750
2003 Mustang Cobra 10th Anniversary - 11.2 @ 130
1997 Thunderbird LX 4.6 - 13.7 @ 103
1993 Thunderbird LX 3.8 - Slow
1990 Thunderbird 3.8 - Slower

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in