jon, athol ford is ford, merc only so i wasnt sure bout you. i guess i better empty out the answering machine, HA. i was probably out there tinkering with my new lincoln
Mikey, what happened, was in this order:
1. drove through water a bit higher than i should be driving through
2. rusted cooling fan motor, overheats, killing the heater core(ouch)
3. replace fan with mark8 unit, blows a couple fuses, but i thought it was ok.
4. put her down a week to change valve seals, didnt go over so well, put back together, runs great
5. remember that i drive this thing 150miles/day just getting to work. not a good place to overheat.
6. tried to drive home @midnight, thinking that the highway will keep her cool, its worked before.
7. car gets hot, then smoke everywhere, oil covers the rear of vehicle, and motor is making a racket around the area i was messing with valvetrain. still driving down interstate though, hoping for best
8. lost oil pressure, shut down, towed home. i might actually not be that bad, it still starts, somethings wrong under the valve cover
9. tow truck driver breaks off my only key in the ignition.