Looking for Red Sox tickets - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 08:46 AM Thread Starter
Eleventeenth Gear Poster

Looking for Red Sox tickets

I feel like less of a man and a complete traitor for posting this, but its for the girlfriend's birthday

She's a big Booooooooooston Red Sux fan and has been wanting to go to a game at Fenghey and sit on the Green Monster. I know those tickets are hard to come by, so I was hoping someone up that way may be able to help me out. Her dad gets good tickets sometimes, so I have him helping too. I want it to be for one of the upcoming Orioles games, that way she can see how a real team plays baseball They play June 10-12, July 11-13, and Sept 1-3.

Any help is much appreciated!

Sold = 96 Thunderbird

Last edited by Aaron K.; 05-13-2008 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Lack of intelligence
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 10:09 AM
Chapter Director Coordinator

go Yankees

I bust ARP bolts by hand...

If Guns kill people, then...
...pencils miss spel werds
...cars make people drive drunk
...spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat
~Gun Owners of America
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 02:54 PM
Johnny Bling Bling

Send a message via AIM to 93 lx
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesD View Post
go Yankees
useful post.

aaron, did you try craigslist?

2003 Ford Expedition: 5.4L, harley supercharger, 2.93 upper pulley, 4lb lower pulley, c&l plenum, jlp cai, LFP SBTB, FTSP, Magnaflow 3" catback, Eclipse AVN-5510, white face gauges, cobalt c2 boost gauge, ddm hid's, 379 rwhp, 465 rwtq sold 11/3/12

2009 Ford Flex Limited AWD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 03:12 PM Thread Starter
Eleventeenth Gear Poster

Yeah, I checked ebay and craigslist first. I was hoping to get actual seats, but it looks like I'd be paying $700+ for a pair, which aint happening. The best I've found for Monster tickets were SRO on ebay with a BIN of $350.

Sold = 96 Thunderbird
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 03:30 PM
shaken, not stirred

Go Yankees!!!!

Oh and by the way, here are some real reasonable seats @ Fenway

http://www.stubhub.com/boston-red-so...3-2008-512806/

BTW, wtf am I doing in the Mass chapter board? Weird

C.Hill

'97 Laser Red T-bird w/ Option 66S - 125,000 miles, stock except for 3.73s Best ET 15.6 @ 88.3
'94 Electric Red T-bird LX V-8- 212,000 miles- SOLD
2005 Ebony Black Excursion Limited 6.0 Diesel STUDDED

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason so few engage in it."
- Henry Ford

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
- Thomas A. Edison

http://www.tailofthedragon.com <---- A test of driving ability and nerves.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 03:54 PM Thread Starter
Eleventeenth Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangboy7 View Post

Oh and by the way, here are some real reasonable seats @ Fenway
Not for Green Monster seats! Best I found there was $450 per ticket!

Sold = 96 Thunderbird
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 03:58 PM
shaken, not stirred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron K. View Post
Not for Green Monster seats! Best I found there was $450 per ticket!
My bad, I misread, i thought she wanted to just see the Green Monster. I will keep looking.

C.Hill

'97 Laser Red T-bird w/ Option 66S - 125,000 miles, stock except for 3.73s Best ET 15.6 @ 88.3

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason so few engage in it."
- Henry Ford

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
- Thomas A. Edison

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 04:08 PM Thread Starter
Eleventeenth Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangboy7 View Post
My bad, I misread, i thought she wanted to just see the Green Monster. I will keep looking.

C.Hill
If only it were that simple!

Sold = 96 Thunderbird
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 04:10 PM
shaken, not stirred

Green monster SRO $150 http://www.stubhub.com/boston-red-so...0-2008-512801/

C.Hill

- Henry Ford

- Thomas A. Edison

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 04:24 PM Thread Starter
Eleventeenth Gear Poster

Ahhh, good find! Thats the best price so far. Thanks!

Sold = 96 Thunderbird
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-15-2008, 07:50 PM
4th Gear Poster

Quote:
I want it to be for one of the upcoming Orioles games, that way she can see how a real team plays baseball

LOL! Aww man that's funny. The Rays are hot this year, so who's gonna take over the cellar for them? Baltimore or Toronto? I say Toronto will get it going atleast a lil bit so my vote is on Baltimore. The Orioles won't spend enough money to ever compete in this division. May as well be a Sox fan, whenever we play in Baltimore that place is filled with Sox fans anyway

- Mark
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-16-2008, 08:57 AM Thread Starter
Eleventeenth Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark B. View Post
LOL! Aww man that's funny. The Rays are hot this year, so who's gonna take over the cellar for them? Baltimore or Toronto? I say Toronto will get it going atleast a lil bit so my vote is on Baltimore. The Orioles won't spend enough money to ever compete in this division. May as well be a Sox fan, whenever we play in Baltimore that place is filled with Sox fans anyway

- Mark
Do me a solid and remind me who just got swept at Camden Yards? Yeah I know it was only two games, but whatever...I take what I can get!

The Orioles used to dominate that division back in the day, until Peter Angelos bought them. They are rebuilding right now and not expected to do well. I'd say they are doing pretty good though, especially for one of the youngest and lowest paid teams in baseball. But you're right, they wont ever spend as much as the Red Sux or the Skankees because they wont have it to spend. Now if the Orioles became a "me too" team like the Red Sux or the Skankees and being a "fan" of theirs was cool, things may be a little different.

Sold = 96 Thunderbird
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-16-2008, 12:37 PM
Sig Nazi & Gallery Moderator

Administrator

Go Cubs!

Now forget about the cost and get her those tickets!

TBIRDBRAIN - PRESTON
YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN
4/22/63 - 4/23/14
RIP JOEL BENDER
07/30/1979 - 03/26/2006
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-17-2008, 09:35 PM
4th Gear Poster

Quote:
Do me a solid and remind me who just got swept at Camden Yards? Yeah I know it was only two games, but whatever...I take what I can get!

The Orioles used to dominate that division back in the day, until Peter Angelos bought them. They are rebuilding right now and not expected to do well. I'd say they are doing pretty good though, especially for one of the youngest and lowest paid teams in baseball. But you're right, they wont ever spend as much as the Red Sux or the Skankees because they wont have it to spend. Now if the Orioles became a "me too" team like the Red Sux or the Skankees and being a "fan" of theirs was cool, things may be a little different.
Ya, I knew that 2 game sweep comment would be coming And I wouldn't say they "dominated" but they had a few solid years there. But they've been "rebuilding" since like '99, come on now. And ya, the Red Sox have been spending money to try to keep up with the Yanks, but now we're developing our own prospects (Youkilis, Papelbon, Pedroia, Ellsbury, Lester, Buchholz, Delcarmen, etc) instead of throwing money at free agents or trading our prospects away (Freddy Sanchez, Hanley Ramirez etc. etc.). And I don't know what you mean by putting "fan" in quotations: I'm sure a lot of people have jumped on the Sox bandwagon in the last 5 years or so, but most Sox fans are just like me. Go to Fenway for the first time around ages 4-6, and you're forever a Sox fan. No matter what city they play in, there's always a huge showing of support for the Sox in every stadium. So don't worry, we don't just take over Camden, we're everywhere. Big ups out to everyone out there in Red Sox Nation. But ya, good luck to the Orioles. I honestly hope they finish second, I hate every other team in the East. Also, still have much love for Millar. And ya, I agree they do have some young guys that are going to be solid major leaguers. But the question is how long will they be in Baltimore? Good luck with the ticket search, doesn't get any better than Monster seats....and I hope you catch a Manny homerun!

- Mark
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-19-2008, 10:25 AM Thread Starter
Eleventeenth Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark B. View Post
Ya, I knew that 2 game sweep comment would be coming And I wouldn't say they "dominated" but they had a few solid years there. But they've been "rebuilding" since like '99, come on now. And ya, the Red Sox have been spending money to try to keep up with the Yanks, but now we're developing our own prospects (Youkilis, Papelbon, Pedroia, Ellsbury, Lester, Buchholz, Delcarmen, etc) instead of throwing money at free agents or trading our prospects away (Freddy Sanchez, Hanley Ramirez etc. etc.). And I don't know what you mean by putting "fan" in quotations: I'm sure a lot of people have jumped on the Sox bandwagon in the last 5 years or so, but most Sox fans are just like me. Go to Fenway for the first time around ages 4-6, and you're forever a Sox fan. No matter what city they play in, there's always a huge showing of support for the Sox in every stadium. So don't worry, we don't just take over Camden, we're everywhere. Big ups out to everyone out there in Red Sox Nation. But ya, good luck to the Orioles. I honestly hope they finish second, I hate every other team in the East. Also, still have much love for Millar. And ya, I agree they do have some young guys that are going to be solid major leaguers. But the question is how long will they be in Baltimore? Good luck with the ticket search, doesn't get any better than Monster seats....and I hope you catch a Manny homerun!

- Mark

Sold = 96 Thunderbird

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in