Getting to Fenway Park - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-15-2009, 06:36 AM Thread Starter
Seasoned Veteran Poster

Getting to Fenway Park

Is it easy to get to Fenway Park driving by car? I have a game to go to April 24th at 8;00pm and was wondering what to expect for traffic delays on 90, 95 and the roads to the park. I wasn't sure if I should take the "T" from Arlington or just drive to the park.

1995 LX 4.6 Stock for now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-16-2009, 03:51 AM
MA Chapter Director

Administrator

Garage
Driving to the park can be a little hairy and expensive.

A lot of people park on Beacon Street and walk or take the Green Line (T) to Kenmore Station and walk to Fenway. But if you're not familiar with the area it could be a problem. My suggestion to you is, go the Mass Pike east (90) to 95/128 south. When you come off the pike onto 95/128 take the first exit, Grove St. At the bottom of the exit go right. Follow Grove St. about 1/3 of a mile and turn left into the Riverside MBTA lot and take the T. Parking is about 5-6 bucks, the train ride is 2 bucks each way. Get off at the Fenway stop and walk up to the ballpark. Reverse procedure for return trip!

Joe

It's not a 97 Sport, it just looks like one!

Mass. TCCoAers, Send me your info!

I buy all my Ford parts from 93 lx.

Member of the TCCoA Damage Control Team.

R.I.P. Johnny Langton 1975 - 2011
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-16-2009, 04:08 AM Thread Starter
Seasoned Veteran Poster

Thanks Joe, I appreciate the help.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-16-2009, 09:30 AM
Heavily Medicated Crime Fighter

Send a message via AIM to Mark M. TCCoA VP Send a message via Yahoo to Mark M. TCCoA VP
Joe is wise about these things.

"Mark M. TCCoA VP. Emeritus"

To the Batmobile ! ! !

ADDCO MN12 big bar R&D guru
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-16-2009, 06:03 PM
Veteran Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodeo Joe View Post
Driving to the park can be a little hairy and expensive.

A lot of people park on Beacon Street and walk or take the Green Line (T) to Kenmore Station and walk to Fenway. But if you're not familiar with the area it could be a problem. My suggestion to you is, go the Mass Pike east (90) to 95/128 south. When you come off the pike onto 95/128 take the first exit, Grove St. At the bottom of the exit go right. Follow Grove St. about 1/3 of a mile and turn left into the Riverside MBTA lot and take the T. Parking is about 5-6 bucks, the train ride is 2 bucks each way. Get off at the Fenway stop and walk up to the ballpark. Reverse procedure for return trip!

Joe
Ya, do it the way Joe says. It'll cost you a total of about 10 bucks. The cheapest parking around Fenway is around 30 bucks. The T is one of the best bargains left in Beantown!

Even if you fall on your face, you're still moving forward.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-16-2009, 06:23 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned Veteran Poster

I can't wait to go I have never been to a game before it should be interesting since they are playing the Yankees. I just hope the weather cooperates for us that day.

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-17-2009, 10:28 AM
1st Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to Spaz02
I work at Fenway Park part-time (during the season) and the traffic depends on what time you head in there. My full-time job is in Framingham and I usually leave around 4-415pm and I can get in there and get a spot between 4:30-5 (gates open two hours before gametime so people can go in then). In your case, I would have to agree with Joe because the worst part of driving in there is the traffic after the game since most people head in the same direction, towards Storrow to get back to I90, I93, rt1, rt3. According to the Sox schedule, the game on the 24th is at 7 and the game on the 26th is at 8, you should double check the tickets. It will definitely be worse on either day since they are playing the Yankees and all the New Yorkers that came in for the game will be heading back that way. I live in Boston, closer to Dedham so I leave in the other direction plus I leave well after the game is over anyway. The Kenmore Station is less of a walk to the park then from the Fenway Station but it would be less confusing on the way back because there are 5 variations of the green line, 3 go through Kenmore but only 1 goes through Fenway.

If you are looking to stay around Boston for a little while after the game, then driving in would be best and the after game spot is the Baseball Tavern especially during Yankee games.

If you want to drive in or if anyone in the Boston area is looking to drive in anytime, I can provide some tips and tricks to parking in the area. I'm in there for most of the games and I either park for free or pay at most $2. There was the occasional time when I would be s**t outta luck and have to pay $25 to park but I have ways around that now.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-17-2009, 10:32 AM
Heavily Medicated Crime Fighter

Send a message via AIM to Mark M. TCCoA VP Send a message via Yahoo to Mark M. TCCoA VP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaz02 View Post
I work at Fenway Park part-time (during the season) and the traffic depends on what time you head in there. My full-time job is in Framingham and I usually leave around 4-415pm and I can get in there and get a spot between 4:30-5 (gates open two hours before gametime so people can go in then). In your case, I would have to agree with Joe because the worst part of driving in there is the traffic after the game since most people head in the same direction, towards Storrow to get back to I90, I93, rt1, rt3. According to the Sox schedule, the game on the 24th is at 7 and the game on the 26th is at 8, you should double check the tickets. It will definitely be worse on either day since they are playing the Yankees and all the New Yorkers that came in for the game will be heading back that way. I live in Boston, closer to Dedham so I leave in the other direction plus I leave well after the game is over anyway. The Kenmore Station is less of a walk to the park then from the Fenway Station but it would be less confusing on the way back because there are 5 variations of the green line, 3 go through Kenmore but only 1 goes through Fenway.

If you are looking to stay around Boston for a little while after the game, then driving in would be best and the after game spot is the Baseball Tavern especially during Yankee games.

If you want to drive in or if anyone in the Boston area is looking to drive in anytime, I can provide some tips and tricks to parking in the area. I'm in there for most of the games and I either park for free or pay at most $2. There was the occasional time when I would be s**t outta luck and have to pay $25 to park but I have ways around that now.

Thank you for your offer to leave a side door open for your MN12 buddies

"Mark M. TCCoA VP. Emeritus"

To the Batmobile ! ! !

ADDCO MN12 big bar R&D guru
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-17-2009, 07:40 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned Veteran Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaz02 View Post

Thanks a million spaz! You are right the game starts at 7:00pm. My in-laws and sister-in-law live in Arlington and the "T" is a 5-10 minute walk from thier house so we may park there ride the "T" to and from and spend the night there. I was going to see if my sister-in-law would spend the day with us some weekend prior to the game and show us around if not maybe I will just go up with my wife and see how it goes. Thanks again everyone!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in