Not Good for our NH members - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-02-2006, 07:04 AM Thread Starter
5th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to rjstat
Not Good for our NH members

Well for years I have had a buddy of mine in NH gloated that he only had to pass a safety inspection and the first thing he would do was cut the cat out and put straight pipes. Well I got call and it was Norm call to complain that his state has been over run by M***holes (oh how we forget that he originally came from Lynn) and now he has to comply with new emissions testing he has four vehicle that currently do not comply he said that all the emission devices that where installed from the mfg must be there. I said they have to be there but if it dose not work and it passes and it does not throw a code you should be ok. He was not sure but he said he has two car that are dew in March he has me checking junk yards for F150, Tbirds, Caddys, & Toyota's I told him Tbirds & Cougars on problem. I also told him to wait and see how far they where going to inspect before panicking.

97 - 4.6L Alpine Green Cougar XR-7 w/ Fiber Concepts Hood, SPC cold air intake, 2.5 SLP Dual Exhaust, Eclipse CD4000 w/ Polk's speakers, Koni Shocks, 11/4" Addco sway bars, and Vogtland more to come.
05 - 5.4L Black Eddie Bauer Expedition loaded
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-03-2006, 09:43 AM
likes chocolate

when is this supposed to be in effect, I just got my sticker yesterday at my work and it was safety only (and OBDII of course).

-02 Mustang GT 5pd.
-1996 Thunderbird Sport
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-03-2006, 04:39 PM Thread Starter
5th Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]
when is this supposed to be in effect, I just got my sticker yesterday at my work and it was safety only (and OBDII of course).
He said in Jan but he also said it will only effect cars from 2002 and later so there is no problem if your car is older than that. When he first let me no his blood pressure was high was he boiling.

97 - 4.6L Alpine Green Cougar XR-7 w/ Fiber Concepts Hood, SPC cold air intake, 2.5 SLP Dual Exhaust, Eclipse CD4000 w/ Polk's speakers, Koni Shocks, 11/4" Addco sway bars, and Vogtland more to come.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-10-2006, 07:25 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

NH cars always needed all cats , Mufflers from the factory. Its always been that way. Atleast from my days of working in a garage (10 years agao)

The most recent change that took place in Jan of this year was that they had to hook up the OBD2 up to the car. It does not pass or fail you (yet) they had to do this because NH would loose federal funding for our roads if we didnt.

My experiance is that NH inspection has always been tougher then in Mass.

Heck they can fail you for a bad serpintine belt in NH it all saftey and visual.

In mass they put you on rollers check your lights and ebrake at most garages that is.

The thing is as long as you know your mechanic you can always get things to .. squeeze pass... the good ole wink wink knudge knudge deals are commen in NH.

AAAAA: American Association Against Acronym Abuse

Click here if you are an idiot

Llama!!!

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-10-2006, 07:35 PM
CEO Red Sox Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderterd

The thing is as long as you know your mechanic you can always get things to .. squeeze pass... the good ole wink wink knudge knudge deals are commen in NH.
When I had my bird with 5% tint and loud *** exhaust and nitrous, I would just roll in and pay the guy 50 dollars immediately, before saying anything...I always passed....go figure..

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Package with Navigation

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-10-2006, 09:27 PM Thread Starter
5th Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderterd
NH cars always needed all cats , Mufflers from the factory. Its always been that way. Atleast from my days of working in a garage (10 years agao)

The most recent change that took place in Jan of this year was that they had to hook up the OBD2 up to the car. It does not pass or fail you (yet) they had to do this because NH would loose federal funding for our roads if we didnt.

My experiance is that NH inspection has always been tougher then in Mass.

Heck they can fail you for a bad serpintine belt in NH it all saftey and visual.

In mass they put you on rollers check your lights and ebrake at most garages that is.

Well how many people do you really think check there serpentine belt or no what to check for lets face it most of us here are car guys (girls which ever). The State MA has a bill that is under suspension that will make it a law in MA that it will make it illegal to modify any exhaust system the problem is there was on provision for cars that may have obsolete exhaust systems The rolls as you refer to are for the vehicles and have the tail pipe test. MA emission testing stated back in in 1984 (when my father got his first inspection machine it was broke more than it worked). Oh I agree the mechanic has the say when it comes to the safety inspection. I no three station that lost their inspection stations for passing cars that had known problems but did catch them when they did the inspection they all where suspended for six months http://vehicletest.state.ma.us/

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in