KOOKS moving to Statesville, NC - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-01-2009, 09:47 AM Thread Starter
Road warrior extrodinaire

Super Moderator

Garage
KOOKS moving to Statesville, NC

I was checking out the Kooks website and noticed that they're moving to Statesville this summer. It will be cool to have them as a new neighbor!

http://www.kookscustomheaders.com/wevemoved.php

http://www.greaterstatesville.org/ne...cfm/news_id/16

http://www.siteselection.com/issues/...ar/Top-Micros/

Quote:
By Bethany Fuller | Statesville R&L

Published: July 10, 2009

Newly relocated Kooks Custom Headers wasted no time this week looking for new clients in the motorsports industry and restarting its production line.

A good number of its new employees — who started work Monday — previously worked in the racing industry, Sales and General Manager George Rumore said.

Statesville Business Park's first new business since 1995 didn't miss a beat on its production schedule as it finalized its move from Bay Shore, N.Y.

"We were basically breaking down and packing up the facility in New York while production was going on," Rumore said. "You have other people relying on the production for their businesses. Production in a timely manner is big for us."

President George Kook Jr., who owns the company with his father, CEO George "Papa" Kook Sr., said he looked everywhere from Virginia to South Carolina before settling on the Charlotte area.

Kook said he was attracted to Statesville for its skilled labor force and room to expand. The 12 acres of business-park land is enough to hold three buildings, which Kook hopes the company can expand into within three years. He said the new facility has a research and development department, office, a separate grinding room and two lobbies.

In New York, the company modified the building to suit its needs. Kook said employees were forced to wear masks because the ventilation system consisted of ceiling and floor fans.

"The transformation was nice," Kook said. "I designed the building for now and in the future."

The new facility is completely different from the pre-constructed one the company left in Long Island, and Rumore said the company made the move at the right time.

"The motorsports industry is dwindling in New York," he said.

Here, Kook Custom Headers employees are working around construction workers, and production is up to 80 percent of the company's capacity as it unpacks its gear, Rumore said. Production is currently around two to three weeks behind, which is normal, he said.

In addition to the custom headers, a big part of the business is making headers and exhaust systems for dealers, Rumore said. Kooks' makes around 350 parts.

The company's client list includes many of the area's top racing teams, as well as custom car shops and car enthusiasts.

"I have a lot of stuff going on," George Kook Jr. said. "You have to make it happen. You have to get out there and rock and roll. I have a little knot in my stomach."

http://www2.statesville.com/content/...0/kooks-move/#

Mods? Yea, I got mods ...
Air silencer delete, warp drive, dilithium crystals, flux capacitor, Slingshot Rubber band power adder, Moonshine & Gas, Leaf Blower Supercharger, Hamster Wheel & Hamster, Energizer Bunny generating 1.21 gigawatts, Mr. FusionŽ Home Energy Reactor, hover conversion and a sextant celestial navigation system (The original GPS)
Best 1/4: 1,320 nanoseconds @ 670,616,629.2 miles per hour

"There isn't that much difference anymore between spacecraft, aircraft and modern automobiles..." - Keith Henry, NASA's Langley Research Center
See a list of my real mods and pictures of my car HERE. The true performance of my car was made possible by the Carolinas Crew Chief, RobertP at Rob's Tire & Auto

Last edited by Trunk Monkey; 10-07-2009 at 10:29 PM. Reason: Quote article and update links
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-01-2009, 02:54 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Cool get em to make some for an SC.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-01-2009, 03:31 PM
Voice/Data Guru

hmm cool No shipping cost maybe

2017 Mustang GT 5.0L 2nd gen, cold air box,tune,6 speed auto,RGR 3.31, Magnaflow Tru X-pipe ,GT350RStrips
Gray Mustang Registry # 8582

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-01-2009, 05:46 PM
6th Gear Poster

I brought my 93 LX out to their Long Island facility to have a custom exhaust made back in 1998.

Mitch
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-01-2009, 07:19 PM
3rd Gear Poster

Do they do custom on site stuff?
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-01-2009, 07:28 PM Thread Starter
Road warrior extrodinaire

Super Moderator

Garage
I don't know, but I'll look into it this summer.

Mods? Yea, I got mods ...
Air silencer delete, warp drive, dilithium crystals, flux capacitor, Slingshot Rubber band power adder, Moonshine & Gas, Leaf Blower Supercharger, Hamster Wheel & Hamster, Energizer Bunny generating 1.21 gigawatts, Mr. FusionŽ Home Energy Reactor, hover conversion and a sextant celestial navigation system (The original GPS)
Best 1/4: 1,320 nanoseconds @ 670,616,629.2 miles per hour

"There isn't that much difference anymore between spacecraft, aircraft and modern automobiles..." - Keith Henry, NASA's Langley Research Center
See a list of my real mods and pictures of my car HERE. The true performance of my car was made possible by the Carolinas Crew Chief, RobertP at Rob's Tire & Auto
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-19-2010, 09:56 PM
6th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to crash00527
oh that sucks. i liked them being in NY lol

1995 40th. Ann. Supercoupe
1 of 5,167
Black ~ AOD ~ Moonroof ~ 82K
SCCOA Member #3093
----------------------------------------------
CPL/0861/0844 USMC
Forward Observer/Fire Direction Center
Click below for Current PICS and MODS.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2466286
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-19-2010, 10:19 PM
Texas Chapter Director

Send a message via AIM to speed95 Send a message via Yahoo to speed95
Thats why they charge so much for everything.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 03:54 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to FunktasticLucky
I wish they would be reasonable in their prices. I would love to have a set of Kooks... but I'm not paying no 800+ for them :/

2018 Lincoln MKZ Black Label 3.0T AWD
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 09:22 AM
Texas Chapter Director

Send a message via AIM to speed95 Send a message via Yahoo to speed95
Just 800? For the GTO they want $1300.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 09:27 AM
Voice/Data Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed95 View Post
Just 800? For the GTO they want $1300.
Jeazzzzzzzz Why in the world are Kooks so darn high ? Very good Quality , or no good competition . I love the sound of headers but never will I pay that much for some bent pipes

2017 Mustang GT 5.0L 2nd gen, cold air box,tune,6 speed auto,RGR 3.31, Magnaflow Tru X-pipe ,GT350RStrips
Gray Mustang Registry # 8582

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in