Wild Boar spotted in my yard - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-20-2012, 12:03 PM Thread Starter
Voice/Data Guru

Wild Boar spotted in my yard

Lived here most of my life and have never seen one , Until 5 mins ago running by my window Did not know we had them , maybe so here in the sand-hills . In the Piedmont area of our state never . them suckers can be a "badass" Glad my pup was in the house

2017 Mustang GT 5.0L 2nd gen, cold air box,tune,6 speed auto,RGR 3.31, Magnaflow Tru X-pipe ,GT350RStrips
Gray Mustang Registry # 8582

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-20-2012, 12:21 PM
Road warrior extrodinaire

Super Moderator

Garage
Put a bullet in the damn thing. Those things are the worst nuisance.

Mods? Yea, I got mods ...
Air silencer delete, warp drive, dilithium crystals, flux capacitor, Slingshot Rubber band power adder, Moonshine & Gas, Leaf Blower Supercharger, Hamster Wheel & Hamster, Energizer Bunny generating 1.21 gigawatts, Mr. FusionŽ Home Energy Reactor, hover conversion and a sextant celestial navigation system (The original GPS)
Best 1/4: 1,320 nanoseconds @ 670,616,629.2 miles per hour

"There isn't that much difference anymore between spacecraft, aircraft and modern automobiles..." - Keith Henry, NASA's Langley Research Center
See a list of my real mods and pictures of my car HERE. The true performance of my car was made possible by the Carolinas Crew Chief, RobertP at Rob's Tire & Auto
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-20-2012, 12:27 PM Thread Starter
Voice/Data Guru

If he shows up again , It will get a Bullet , Your right Ron them things are something else not sure what it was after .

2017 Mustang GT 5.0L 2nd gen, cold air box,tune,6 speed auto,RGR 3.31, Magnaflow Tru X-pipe ,GT350RStrips
Gray Mustang Registry # 8582

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-26-2012, 07:19 AM
6th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to Red97Tbird
I just watched a show not to long ago about how bad Wild bore are getting. Some states there are year round huntting on them.

4.6 explorer motor,Water meth injection, V1 Vortech, 3.48 pully,BBK 78mm, Dirty Dog 9.5 converter 3500 stall, RobertP built trans, 8.8 rear with trac lock, 3.73 gears, BrainCoating manifolds, Dual 2.5" exhaust.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-26-2012, 08:54 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunk Monkey View Post
Put a bullet in the damn thing. Those things are the worst nuisance.
And good food!!

2015 Mustang GT Premium / Manual / 3.55 / Recaro
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-26-2012, 11:59 AM
Veteran Poster

Boar =

Bore =

bore
1    [bawr, bohr] Show IPA verb, bored, borˇing, noun

verb (used with object)
to pierce (a solid substance) with some rotary cutting instrument.

to make (a hole) by drilling with such an instrument.

to form, make, or construct (a tunnel, mine, well, passage, etc.) by hollowing out, cutting through, or removing a core of material: to bore a tunnel through the Alps; to bore an oil well 3000 feet deep.

Machinery . to enlarge (a hole) to a precise diameter with a cutting tool within the hole, by rotating either the tool or the work.

to force (an opening), as through a crowd, by persistent forward thrusting (usually followed by through or into ); to force or make (a passage).

verb (used without object)
to make a hole in a solid substance with a rotary cutting instrument.

Machinery . to enlarge a hole to a precise diameter.

(of a substance) to admit of being bored: Certain types of steel do not bore well.

Sorry guys, pet peeve.....lol

1997 Laser Red Thunderbird LX V8, grey cloth, third cat replaced with X-pipe, SLP Loudmouth 1's, 2.25" duals, (loud as all hell)
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-26-2012, 02:23 PM

Super Moderator

Garage
LOL

Thanks.

Thread title fixed.

It's a peeve of mine too. I just didn't notice.

Another one I see here quite often when referring to exhaust is dual vs duel.

Air silencer delete, warp drive, dilithium crystals, flux capacitor, Slingshot Rubber band power adder, Moonshine & Gas, Leaf Blower Supercharger, Hamster Wheel & Hamster, Energizer Bunny generating 1.21 gigawatts, Mr. FusionŽ Home Energy Reactor, hover conversion and a sextant celestial navigation system (The original GPS)

"There isn't that much difference anymore between spacecraft, aircraft and modern automobiles..." - Keith Henry, NASA's Langley Research Center
See a list of my real mods and pictures of my car HERE. The true performance of my car was made possible by the Carolinas Crew Chief, RobertP at Rob's Tire & Auto
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-26-2012, 02:52 PM
West Virginia Chapter Director /
MA Drag Race Team Coordinator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderChecken View Post
If he shows up again , It will get a Bullet , Your right Ron them things are something else not sure what it was after .
Wow, he's not down yet.

Make a nice add on meal for Summer Blast! Ron, make him get that sucker ROFL!

Steve
1996 Cougar XR7 Special Edition (Street & Strip)
"There's a bad, built NA 4.6L COMING Spring-Summer 2018"

Elite member of the Halfshaft snapping, Auburn eating, Tranny crunching, Piston Melting, Tire lifting, 500+ lb ft Torque Club.

Cougar ET-Stock 4.6 shortblock/Stock PI headswap Bullitt NA 12.94 @ 105+
Nitrous 11.75 @ 114 MPH

2008 Ford Powerstroke 6.4 TT F250 4X4 Supercrew: 12.82 @ 105 MPH

"IN MEMORY OF MY FRIENDS JOEL BENDER 1979-2006", JOHNNY LANGTON 1975-2011, and MICHAEL VIVERETTE 1953-2013"
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-26-2012, 04:48 PM
6th Gear Poster

Wait.. so it IS a feral pig.
I though maybe Jon Lovitz or Carrot-top...

I learn more about cars every day!
I do it just because I still want to know HOW and WHY!!! Quit learning=die. Be informed as to WHAT, rather than learn,=brain-dead already.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-27-2012, 12:07 AM
Veteran Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunk Monkey View Post
LOL

Thanks.

Thread title fixed.

It's a peeve of mine too. I just didn't notice.

Another one I see here quite often when referring to exhaust is dual vs duel.
Or Brake vs. Break....lol

There, their, and they're is another one.....

Enough with the grammar hi-jack, back to the raw bacon....lol

1997 Laser Red Thunderbird LX V8, grey cloth, third cat replaced with X-pipe, SLP Loudmouth 1's, 2.25" duals, (loud as all hell)
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-27-2012, 12:57 AM
Veteran Poster

I say leave him alone... i mean after all we as humans moved onto his territory to begin with so we are actually the invaders. No need to kill him for trying to find food lol. Its like the people here in south dakota, They move 30 miles deep into the black hills but get mad and have the rangers kill a mountain lion when it strolls across their yard. Im like What?? You moved into its territory...Live at your own risk lol. just my opinion

---Jeremy
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-27-2012, 02:34 AM
PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by N8tiveJuggalo17 View Post
I say leave him alone... i mean after all we as humans moved onto his territory to begin with so we are actually the invaders. No need to kill him for trying to find food lol. Its like the people here in south dakota, They move 30 miles deep into the black hills but get mad and have the rangers kill a mountain lion when it strolls across their yard. Im like What?? You moved into its territory...Live at your own risk lol. just my opinion
Damn hippie...
Just kidding, I actually agree with you completely. It angers me when I see a bear hunt to keep them out of neighborhoods that weren't there 5 years ago. The bears don't know what's going on, they don't have supermarkets to get food in. They just want to survive, just like us.

I love my V8, but I'd love it more if all 8 cylinders worked. (they do now)

My T-bird is like George Jetson's wife, you try to give her a little money, she takes the whole wallet.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-27-2012, 03:13 AM

Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by N8tiveJuggalo17 View Post
I say leave him alone... i mean after all we as humans moved onto his territory to begin with so we are actually the invaders. No need to kill him for trying to find food lol. Its like the people here in South Dakota, They move 30 miles deep into the black hills but get mad and have the rangers kill a mountain lion when it strolls across their yard. I'm like What?? You moved into its territory...Live at your own risk lol. just my opinion
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996Project-bird View Post
Damn hippie...
Just kidding, I actually agree with you completely. It angers me when I see a bear hunt to keep them out of neighborhoods that weren't there 5 years ago. The bears don't know what's going on, they don't have supermarkets to get food in. They just want to survive, just like us.
Hardly a fair or even comparison with either mountain lions or bear. I see your points but, we're not talking about mountain lions or bear.

Wild boars AKA feral swine are NOT native to North America.
Wild boars are NOT cute friendly little pink piggies with curley tails.
Wild boars are NOT friendly to native plants or animals
Wild boars have NO natural predators
Wild boars breed more than any other large mammal in North America. They're like zombies and should be hunted as such!
Wild boars are highly invasive and are nothing but a nuisance.

Wild boars are taking over the country! This is the 2009 distribution of the wild boar population in the USA.

Or check out the NFSMS for the most up to date map. Yea, there's an National database LOL

Last edited by Trunk Monkey; 04-27-2012 at 03:22 AM.
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-27-2012, 03:42 AM
PostWhore

so they serve no purpose, nothing will kill or eat them, and they actually harm rather than help. Kill em all.

I love my V8, but I'd love it more if all 8 cylinders worked. (they do now)

My T-bird is like George Jetson's wife, you try to give her a little money, she takes the whole wallet.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-28-2013, 10:15 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
I'm 100% for hunting them in CA (the mean smells a little more strongly than farmed pork but tastes just the same)... I do find it amusing/sad though that CA demands a $15 tag on them.. plus the cost of a lead-free bullet >.22x caliber bullet if you are hunting in California Condor territory.

In comparison, friends in TX can hunt them with spotlights and ARs with 30 rd magazines.

6M wild pigs in the US.
They have multiple, large litters a year so the population growth is substantial
http://www.thewildlifenews.com/2013/...ol-feral-pigs/

-g

My TCCOA iTrader Rating: (44 / 100% w/ 50+ transactions)

24 Hours of Lemons 2017 Sear Pointless Organizer's Choice
2018 Upgrade: does your TBIRD make Fritos? Mine does
http://goo.gl/csaet4

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in