TCCoA Forums banner

Air silencer yes i searched!

1K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  V8ThunderCat 
#1 ·
Who would yall get to do a air silencer removal and is there really and sound difference?

#2 ·
its honestly not that hard
its 3 bolts and 2 plastic lock pins.. lol if i was closer id do it for you

#4 · (Edited)
:gotsearch :uppoint: You must not have looked to hard.

its honestly not that hard
its 3 bolts and 2 plastic lock pins.. lol if i was closer id do it for you
+1

I'd help you too if I were closer.

Also, check out this How-to: http://www.gagfish.com/howto/air/index.html. This is the one I used.

The whole air silencer - intake issue reminded me of this ad. A classic!

What does this do?
It sucks in air.
It's definitely sucking.

#6 ·
If you can dodge a wrench you can dodge a ...........oops wrong analogy.

If you can change your oil you can remove an Air Silencer.
If you can't remove an air silencer you just need to hand over your keys and walk away.

#9 · (Edited)
im sorry, im so sorry. :zdunno: go buy Haynes manual #36086 and put it next to your toilet. when your in there, read it for entertainment.

*edit* as for the sound, it not gonna be like throwing a cherry bomb on your car, but from the front you will notice a slight (hardly noticeable) burbuly-exhaust-like note coming from the air box.

#8 ·
Read the write-ups, and then go out there and start taking stuff apart. You really can't screw it up, at least I can't imagine how you would screw it up, but people have surprised me before. It is literally only 3 bolts holding it in. You have to pull the plastic inner fender liner out of the way so you can reach in there with a wrench, and that's probably the hardest part. If you can't remove the air silencer, you are really go broke paying people to do everything on your car for you.

#12 ·
You really can't screw it up, at least I can't imagine how you would screw it up, but people have surprised me before.
I really have to introduce you to some of the people I work with.

It's like the devolution of man kind!

#10 ·
not many people do and will say that its pointless but if your like me and want to keep the functionality of your snorkel, i live around some seriously wet highways when it rains, you can pull off the tube and use a heat gun to melt the glue that holds the venturi in place, or pry it off but it'll take some convincing tho. then get some rubber intake tube from checkers that fits snug around the tube and duck tape it or clamp it in place, i used gorilla tape a year ago and it still looks like i just stuck it on there. its not visible. so who cares? a wet air filter never did anyone any good.

#14 ·
:uppoint::rofl: me too man.. my fronts really scream now where ever i go! lol

now heres a question.. i know alot of you have a CAI that goes down thru the original silencer port and have it suckin air just behind the bumper.. would there be any point in putting an air damn BEHIND the filter (a sort of heatshield i guess) would it make the CAI more efficient?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.