reading abs codes - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-01-2002, 02:36 PM Thread Starter
6th Gear Poster

So now my question is how do I test the sensor to make sure that's what is setting the code 32? Or is a bad sensor the only thing it can be?

teksid block with forged internals, MHS stage 2 heads and cams, 80 mm 03 Mustang MAF, Bullitt intake with Accufab oval throttle body, Kooks headers, 2.5 inch catless true dual exhaust, w/x pipe and Magnaflow Magnapacks, Dirty Dog 3000 stall marauder tq converter, BC automotive built 4R70w transmission ,MMX Dynotech Drive shaft, Trac loc differential with 3.73's, custom made fssb, and lecb, rear shock tower brace by Azzkickers, JL subframe connectors, Eibach 1.5" lowering springs, koni shocks, dyno tune by Tim Barth at Mr Norm's garage

Last edited by white 97 lx; 01-01-2002 at 02:52 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-09-2010, 12:40 AM Thread Starter
6th Gear Poster

reading abs codes

Who can read abs codes for me? Autozone? O'Reilly's? Light is on and don't know where to start. I've visually inspected the sensors and relay. Now what to do next? I assume have the codes read but don't know where I can get this done

teksid block with forged internals, MHS stage 2 heads and cams, 80 mm 03 Mustang MAF, Bullitt intake with Accufab oval throttle body, Kooks headers, 2.5 inch catless true dual exhaust, w/x pipe and Magnaflow Magnapacks, Dirty Dog 3000 stall marauder tq converter, BC automotive built 4R70w transmission ,MMX Dynotech Drive shaft, Trac loc differential with 3.73's, custom made fssb, and lecb, rear shock tower brace by Azzkickers, JL subframe connectors, Eibach 1.5" lowering springs, koni shocks, dyno tune by Tim Barth at Mr Norm's garage
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-09-2010, 12:42 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
Check out the sticky at the top of the brake section for your answer.

-Brandon
97 Laser Red Thunderbird LX 162k, Stage 2 4.6L 2v N/A | 300 BHP (255 RWHP, 290 RWTQ) | 13.95 @ 97.58 | Build details | Pics at the Lorain Assembly plant
98 Black Mark VIII 160k, stock daily driver
07 Redfire Fusion V6 SEL 178k, for the wife
Gone but not forgotten: 96 Mark VIII, 94 Cougar XR7, 93 Mark VIII

TCCoA's resident pilot since 2014
Once you have tasted flight, you will walk the world with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you long to return. -Leonardo da Vinci
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-09-2010, 06:39 AM Thread Starter
6th Gear Poster

awesome, why wouldn't that come up when I searched abs codes? Now I just need to find the diagnostic connector for the abs.........

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-09-2010, 07:21 AM Thread Starter
6th Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by white 97 lx View Post
awesome, why wouldn't that come up when I searched abs codes? Now I just need to find the diagnostic connector for the abs.........
found it.......thanks

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-09-2010, 11:59 PM Thread Starter
6th Gear Poster

Okay so tonight I jumped the 4 and 5 pins and got a 32, right front wheel sensor. Not knowing for sure if it was right side from in the car or front I unplugged what I thought would be the left sensor (driver side). Check code again and still have just a 32. So now I'm thinking that that driver side must be right side and crawl under and unplug the pass side sensor and check again......still only getting a 32 code, what gives? Both sensors to the front wheels were disconnected and I only flashed a right front sensor code?

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 01:23 AM

The code won't set immediately. How long did you wait before you unplugged the sensors and read the codes?

--Chris

DirtyDog Torque Converter For Sale!!
Huge Parts Sale!!

1996 Thunderbird LX
Awaiting some tender deconstruction...
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 06:33 AM Thread Starter
6th Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by master486 View Post
The code won't set immediately. How long did you wait before you unplugged the sensors and read the codes?
Only a minute or two. I thought the system scanned itself immediately upon startup?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in