egr valve replacement - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-21-2010, 09:27 PM Thread Starter
4th Gear Poster

egr valve replacement

Hi I'm stuck in a situation rigth now I try to replace the egr valve and sensor but I see is a little complicated to do I try to remove the intake manifold to take it off (and put a new intake gasket too) I take almost everything from the top of the intake(gas line,t.b. cables, injectors conections) but still a lot wirng left some are conected to the a/c compressor so I leave it on I take all bolts off but I can't gain acces to the valve o take the manifold so any help is welcome.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-22-2010, 08:48 PM
PostWhore

You could try using more periods.

-Randy-
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-22-2010, 10:04 PM
Veteran Poster

Send a message via Yahoo to chris g
it's a pain,,,i did mine a while back..i ended up taking off the cowl piece then the upper intake elbow. that helped alot... jus takes patience..

COLD AIR INTAKE, MN12 PERFORMANCE FRONT SUSPENSION KIT, SILVER PAINTED AVS WINDOW GUARDS, SILVER PAINTED DASH PANELS, 28% MIRROR TINTED WINDOWS, SUSPENSION TECHNIQUES 2'' DROP, TRUE BENDS CUSTOM 2.5'' TRUE DUAL EXHAUST. 2nd generation SC wheels.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-22-2010, 10:15 PM
5th Gear Poster

x2 on this. I'm in the middle of a PI swap and all I have left is the egr to remove. I'm considering leaving it on because it looks like a pain to remove. any tips?

MAC CAI/02 STANG MAF/SCT CHIP TUNED BY LONNIE
EIBACH 1.5 LOWERING SPRINGS- BILSTEIN GAS SHOCKS
90 SUPERCOUPE SIDE SKIRTS/REAR
18x9-FRONT: 245 REAR: 275
PI intake/PI cams
355 trac lok
new tune for swapped parts (93 oct)

no longer the owner.... but its still my child its just released into the world....
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-23-2010, 11:28 AM Thread Starter
4th Gear Poster

Well I read the haynes and they say to lift the car and unbolt the egr but how they are thinking? My hands do not fit in there can you tellme the easy way to unbolt the valve?
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-23-2010, 12:32 PM
Veteran Poster

where are u at so far in the process?

COLD AIR INTAKE, MN12 PERFORMANCE FRONT SUSPENSION KIT, SILVER PAINTED AVS WINDOW GUARDS, SILVER PAINTED DASH PANELS, 28% MIRROR TINTED WINDOWS, SUSPENSION TECHNIQUES 2'' DROP, TRUE BENDS CUSTOM 2.5'' TRUE DUAL EXHAUST. 2nd generation SC wheels.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-23-2010, 12:53 PM Thread Starter
4th Gear Poster

I already take all bolts from the intake and unplug two I guess 1/2 inch hoses close to the valve I can move the intake but something is holding the intake I think is the rgr valve
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-23-2010, 01:20 PM
Veteran Poster

the e g r has two bolts holdin it to the back of the in take.

post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-23-2010, 01:35 PM Thread Starter
4th Gear Poster

They are easy to reach?
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-23-2010, 01:37 PM
Veteran Poster

not really,,, u kinda have to go by feel or i did anyway..

post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-23-2010, 01:58 PM Thread Starter
4th Gear Poster

I'm goin to try after work and I let you know thanks in advance
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-23-2010, 02:55 PM
Veteran Poster

hey no prob let me know how it goes..

post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-27-2010, 12:43 PM Thread Starter
4th Gear Poster

Ok finaly I take the intake out but it was hard I have to take the wiper cowl off to gain acces to the 2-10mm bolts from the egr valve but first move the 0 clamps from the heater hoses and the 2 fat hoses from the egr sensor and take the vacum egr selenoid out that way you can stick your hands and a 1/4 racthet with a long 10 mm socket to release the intake and the egr valve is there easy to remove well I didn't. Do it yet but I was checkin the manifold elbow and I see I can remove it to later install the valve easy so I take the elbow off and I notice betwen the elbow gasket and the manifold is a cut to let pass I guess gas from the exhaust from the egr and the other part I don't know what's the name of it but it have 3 cuts but they were clogged they were very dirty
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-27-2010, 12:48 PM
Veteran Poster

yep they clog up and get the egr clogged up too sometimes, make sure u clean that out real good.. sounds like your doin good so far..

post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-27-2010, 01:09 PM Thread Starter
4th Gear Poster

Jajaja always is easy to take everything apart the challenge is when you have to put everything together again. One more thing what else you recommend to replace now the I have the intake out? Cuz sometimes I noticed the exhaust gas smell weird
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-27-2010, 01:20 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by danalba View Post
x2 on this. I'm in the middle of a PI swap and all I have left is the egr to remove. I'm considering leaving it on because it looks like a pain to remove. any tips?
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenix View Post
Well I read the haynes and they say to lift the car and unbolt the egr but how they are thinking? My hands do not fit in there can you tellme the easy way to unbolt the valve?
IIRC, I took my valve off the manifold before I pulled the manifold out when I did my conversion; it was easier that way than trying to get that EGR tube off with all that room in there. I believe I used a 1/4" inch drive with socket & a wrench to remove the two EGR bolts. The EGR tube on the 94-95's is pretty short.

~Rick

TCCoA Sig
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-29-2010, 09:34 AM Thread Starter
4th Gear Poster

Houston we have a problem!! I bend and broke one of the little pipes from the main egr valve tube to the egr sensor and I cant take the tube from the exhaust is any kind of glue I can stick that the pipe still there with a bend little hole
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-29-2010, 08:16 PM
Veteran Poster

hmmm,,well if u can get it out u could probably get it rewelded.. but it would be alot easier to work on if u can..but i would take it out and either reweld it or use some j.b. weld

post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-29-2010, 10:47 PM Thread Starter
4th Gear Poster

I'm going to try it thanks if doesn't work I'm going to take the engine out and fix some other leaks.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in