fuel pump trunk shut off switch!!!! - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-23-2011, 06:53 PM Thread Starter

Angry fuel pump trunk shut off switch!!!!

replaced the fuel pump and still wont engage, pull and switced all need be fuses
any ideas???

how to fix cheaply???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-23-2011, 09:12 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
It's hard to understand what you've done, or what you're asking.

You replaced the fuel pump, and you've replaced all fuses related to the system? The trunk shut off switch is on the driver's side rear of the trunk near the wheel well. Press the red button to be sure it's engaged.

First off, when you turn the key from LOCK to ON (not START), can you hear any clicking from under the hood? The fuel pump relay is housed in the CCRM behind the passenger headlight. The relay should engage momentarily to prime the fuel system when the key is turned to ON.

-Brandon
97 Laser Red Thunderbird LX 162k, Stage 2 4.6L 2v N/A | 300 BHP (255 RWHP, 290 RWTQ) | 13.95 @ 97.58 | Build details | Pics at the Lorain Assembly plant
98 Black Mark VIII 160k, stock daily driver
07 Redfire Fusion V6 SEL 178k, for the wife
Gone but not forgotten: 96 Mark VIII, 94 Cougar XR7, 93 Mark VIII

TCCoA's resident pilot since 2014
Once you have tasted flight, you will walk the world with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you long to return. -Leonardo da Vinci
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-23-2011, 10:07 PM Thread Starter

i have a 20 amp blue square fuze that is shot in the engine bay fuze box i was driving it pretty hard and took a corner at 70 and about a mile later the engine stop running after a few min of trying to get it started and came to the conclusion that it was the fuel pump cause of no noise, to day we were trying to fix it and put the new pump in and it still did the same thing no hum from the pump i did not no about the thing in front of the head light will check tomorrow, btw we checked the switch and it was pushed in,
thanks for all help mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-23-2011, 10:25 PM
PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseakarandle View Post
i have a 20 amp blue square fuze that is shot in the engine bay fuze box i was driving it pretty hard and took a corner at 70 and about a mile later the engine stop running after a few min of trying to get it started and came to the conclusion that it was the fuel pump cause of no noise, to day we were trying to fix it and put the new pump in and it still did the same thing no hum from the pump i did not no about the thing in front of the head light will check tomorrow, btw we checked the switch and it was pushed in,
thanks for all help mike
Yikes, with the way you type it's hard to figure out what you mean. So, did you blow that fuse when you took that turn? Did you replace it? Is that when you noticed that the fuel pump was still not priming? Please, for your sake please take the time to write proper grammer. It doesn't have to be perfect, just at least understandable.

-Randy-
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-23-2011, 10:25 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
Which fuse is the one that blew in the high current fuse panel under the hood? You say it is a 20A fuse; the 20A fuse that provides current to the CCRM (which has the fuel pump relay in it) is #13, the other 20A fuses are for the ABS module and relay (if equipped, #8), another CCRM fuse is #3, and the PCM is #15. If the 20A CCRM/fuel pump fuse blew, the relay in the CCRM might be fried. First I'd replace that fuse then listen for the click. If there isn't any click then I'd replace the CCRM.

BTW... grammar...

-Brandon
97 Laser Red Thunderbird LX 162k, Stage 2 4.6L 2v N/A | 300 BHP (255 RWHP, 290 RWTQ) | 13.95 @ 97.58 | Build details | Pics at the Lorain Assembly plant
98 Black Mark VIII 160k, stock daily driver
07 Redfire Fusion V6 SEL 178k, for the wife
Gone but not forgotten: 96 Mark VIII, 94 Cougar XR7, 93 Mark VIII

TCCoA's resident pilot since 2014
Once you have tasted flight, you will walk the world with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you long to return. -Leonardo da Vinci

Last edited by theterminator93; 02-23-2011 at 11:37 PM.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-23-2011, 11:06 PM

Please post in the appropriate forum. This has nothing to do with the 4.6L engine.

--Chris

DirtyDog Torque Converter For Sale!!
Huge Parts Sale!!

1996 Thunderbird LX
Awaiting some tender deconstruction...
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-26-2011, 02:16 PM
Rob
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to Rob
lol this thread is awesome I would replace the fuse. If its a circuit thats always hot and it pops right away, you know there is a dead short somewhere. If it doesnt pop until the key turns on, the circuit has a dead short and is only hot key on, or the fuel pump could be popping the fuse or have a short along the way to the pump. It may even be possible that you shorted your wires while doing the pump installation. You need a voltmeter so you can narrow things down much faster. Good luck!

-Rob
RIP '94 Amber Fire Pearl Metallic Thunderbird on Bullitts [email protected]
96 Sport '02 Explorer PI with ported heads, 90MM LMAF, DirtyDog Marauder TC, Lasota tune, Jmod, Magnaflow mid-mount with X, no cats. Urethane drivers motor mount. HIDs!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in