crown vic parts - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-06-2011, 06:46 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear Poster

crown vic parts

what would work with my car off a police crown vic im already getting the alternator..suspension?? anything else??? the alt is the 200 amp any special tips on hooking that up???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-06-2011, 07:13 PM
PostWhore
The AFDB is on a lil tight.

someone did a write up on what you need to do you use it in a non police vic but no one has written it up how it goes into a bird. You can't use anything but the engine and trans anyway.

Spinning pies like wheels.

DD driving my 20 year old project

Now with new ball joints...again
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-06-2011, 07:22 PM
PostWhore

If your using a p71 (longtail) transmission then ull need to shorten your driveshaft.. Not worth it... Trust me.. Been there done that lol. Now I want another shorttail tranny lol

1995 Tbird ~ 02 explorer SVO 4.6 Sold
1986 built/restored notch body mustang ~ appears as a 91+ built 5.0 gt40p, Ud pullies, ss headers, msd everything, arp head bolts, 1.7 crane roller rockers, B303 cam, Holley carb, high rise intake,5 speed, steeda everything. Sold
2001 GT BULLITT #00762 stock
2000 GT ~ 310 rwhp on mustang dyno. 08 2v, super low miles, comp 262 cams, bbk ud pullies, ported bullitt intake/accufab TB, 24# injectors, dyno tuned, 3inch pypes catless x pipe system, cobra brakes, coated cross & drilled rotors, Cobra r hood, 99-01 cobra front bumper, & 01-04 side scoops, dropped
2003 z71 avalanche fully loaded
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-06-2011, 08:25 PM
Humble MN12 Genius
Super Moderator

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to XR7-4.6
Pretty much nothing, nothing worth grabbing that you can use and there's nothing related about our chassis

-Matt
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-07-2011, 11:17 AM
4th Gear Poster

P71's do have an aluminum driveshaft, but I bet it'd need to be shortened for a Bird.

They also have an oil cooler that might be usable, but I'm sure some adaptation would need to be done and the benefits are probably marginal on a normally used 'bird.

Also, they had lower gears, but I don't think anything other than the ring and pinion could swap over to the IRS, and if you're going that far, might as well buy new and get the ratio you want.

Other than that, I doubt anything would be helpful. The P71's were built for longevity not performance.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-07-2011, 11:32 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobrajoe View Post
P71's do have an aluminum driveshaft, but I bet it'd need to be shortened for a Bird.
A 93 mark viii shaft bolts right in. Its aluminum to. By the time he bought one and had it shortened then balanced it would cost more money.

Will

The Texas Green Bird (An undeveloped work of art.)
92 Thunderbird Sport 5.0: Sold

91 gt, 5.0 73mm turbo, 5spd, 373s, and much more
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-07-2011, 04:13 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Depending on the year of the donor car, there are some useful bits, but generally, nothing is directly usable.

PI versus nPI, nPI aluminum versus nPI composite intake, 3.27 versus 3.55 gears.

If it is a 200 amp factory alternator, that means it is a Mitsubishi alternator with the OWC, I am not sure I have seen an upper alternator bracket for a 6G or Mitsubishi alternator and aluminum intake. Should have same connector as a 6G but be in a different spot, so wires might not be long enough. It also likely doesn't have an internal voltage regulator.

--
97 Mark VIII LSC/Silver/Gray leather
97 Cougar 4.6 Sport/White Opalescent Tricoat Metallic /Gray leather down but not out?
89 Cougar LS 3.8/Oxford White/Gray velour/HG need replaced AGAIN
00 Grand Marquis LS/Vibrant White/Gray velour
63 Falcon 302/black and rust/shed isn't moving
82 F-150/Oxford White/dumb VV carb doesn't pass emissions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in