Fuel Pump - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-18-2011, 08:37 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear Poster

Fuel Pump

My 96 bird died and would not start, long story short i took it to the shop and they changed the fuel pump. Picked up the car and it starts pissing out gas on the passenger side. They said they cant fix it till monday, and ideas on what can possibly be wrong
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-18-2011, 09:47 AM
PostWhore

Garage
they probably left one of the clips lose on the lines, or didn't reconnect one of them, like maybe the fuel return... either that or in the process of dropping the tank they bent, or broke one of the lines coming from the pump housing... its easy to do, especially when everything is so old and brittle.

on a separate note, my dad did forget to put the crossover line on the little shelf on the back of the differential when we had the tank out to swap the transmission, and the spinning drive-shaft rubbed a hole in it. if they already didn't do something right, i would make sure that is where it needs to be... save you a headache when your filling the tank a week later -_-

RUST!! eating away at me more than the rear fender wells
95 Deep Jewel Green 40th Anniversary Bird / Stock SOHC 190k 96-97 intake swap, 97 Mk8 4R70W, Jmod, 3L27 / energy susp rear spindle, and cobra arm bushings, 93 Mk8 shaft, and LCAs, 225/60r16 on Windstar twin 5spokes, Vogtland 1.6drop springs, Tokico Blues, PBR, and rear-disk swap, 89 SC swaybars

Last edited by nall_one; 03-18-2011 at 09:51 AM. Reason: seperate note
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-18-2011, 11:50 AM
No, Mr. Lemmywinks, No!!!

Garage
Under the passenger side is where the fuel filter is, use a mirror and look at it.

There may be a small cover over it.

See where it's pissing from.

Don't smoke while you're doing it, ok?

Red '96 Cougar XR-7 240k mi. '02 4R70W, PST DS : '03 PI engine, 04 maf, 24lb injectors, 2.5" exhaust, '02 4r70w + Jmod, DirtyD0g TC + cooler + 3/8" lines, 255 walbro fp. Alpine system.
Black '96 Cougar XR-7 (Lazarus) 210k mi PI Intake, '02 4R70W, Jmod, PST DS, GrogTune, Konis, Mark LCA+Poly, racecougar Custom Engine Chain, and JL and racecougar Bracing.
Black '97 Tbird Limited Edition, '02 4R70W, 255 walbro, PST DS, PBR Brakes&SS lines, Toicko Blues & Springs, GrogTune.

"War Is Peace. Freedom Is Slavery. Ignorance Is Strength." - George Orwell.
Truth Isn't Truth. - Rudy Giuliani, 2018 Award winner, “Most Outrageous Diversion” by MSNBC for this quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-18-2011, 12:15 PM
Moderator & Teksid Whore
Super Moderator

Send a message via MSN to guitar maestro Send a message via Yahoo to guitar maestro
Yep the obvious thing to do is to carefully jack up the car to check if you can spot the leak.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-18-2011, 02:19 PM
PostWhore

Garage
ah yes, forgot about the filter. yeah if its under the passenger door, that's most likely the issue, wonder if the shop replaced it... or unhooked it, cant see any reason why they would need to touch the filter to change the pump out in the tank.

jumped on the fuel pump change thing, and not the 'passenger side' thing :P

RUST!! eating away at me more than the rear fender wells
95 Deep Jewel Green 40th Anniversary Bird / Stock SOHC 190k 96-97 intake swap, 97 Mk8 4R70W, Jmod, 3L27 / energy susp rear spindle, and cobra arm bushings, 93 Mk8 shaft, and LCAs, 225/60r16 on Windstar twin 5spokes, Vogtland 1.6drop springs, Tokico Blues, PBR, and rear-disk swap, 89 SC swaybars
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-18-2011, 03:03 PM
3rd Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nall_one View Post
ah yes, forgot about the filter. yeah if its under the passenger door, that's most likely the issue, wonder if the shop replaced it... or unhooked it, cant see any reason why they would need to touch the filter to change the pump out in the tank.

jumped on the fuel pump change thing, and not the 'passenger side' thing :P

I would surely hope that anytime someone replaces a pump they replace the filter as well. So I'm sure thats why they touched it.

'95 SC
Garage
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-18-2011, 03:10 PM
Moderator & Teksid Whore
Super Moderator

Send a message via MSN to guitar maestro Send a message via Yahoo to guitar maestro
We should just let him take it back and then we will all know what is wrong come monday. Obviously there is a hose/line loose somewhere, but if the OP would rather post about it than just jack up the car and LOOK around, then it's safe to say he won't do anything about it over the weekend.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-18-2011, 04:49 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear Poster

Well i took it back and they said "the preson who owned the car before you put a line in wrong" BULLSHT... considering there would be no other reason to drop the tank other then the filter which still had the oem in it . So after they fixed the line i noticed the inside of the car just reaks of raw gas to the point where you would assume the gas tank is in the passenger side. No mor visible leaks byut the fumes in the car are ubareable. I took it back and they said they dont know what it could be everything they did is not leaking. BS

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in