Keyless Entry Remote Programming - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-31-2011, 09:50 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Keyless Entry Remote Programming

not sure how to program it. picked one up brand new from the Mercury/Lincoln dealer by my job. the parts manager said i have to turn the key 5-8 times, then doors will lock and then push lock on one remote then the other.

i did that process and did not work.

any advice?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-31-2011, 09:52 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
Turn the key to on. Open the trunk, pull the carpet out on the left side slightly and look for a small two pin connector on the side of a box. Short out the two pins on the connector and listen for the locks to cycle. Press a button on the remote and it should cycle the locks again to indicate successful association of the fob. Repeat for all fobs being programmed. Turn key off and the locks will cycle once more to indicate completion of the programming cycle.

-Brandon
97 Laser Red Thunderbird LX 162k, Stage 2 4.6L 2v N/A | 300 BHP (255 RWHP, 290 RWTQ) | 13.95 @ 97.58 | Build details | Pics at the Lorain Assembly plant
98 Black Mark VIII 160k, stock daily driver
07 Redfire Fusion V6 SEL 178k, for the wife
Gone but not forgotten: 96 Mark VIII, 94 Cougar XR7, 93 Mark VIII

TCCoA's resident pilot since 2014
Once you have tasted flight, you will walk the world with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you long to return. -Leonardo da Vinci
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-31-2011, 10:01 PM Thread Starter
Banned

okay, gona give it a try tomorrow after the rain stops. any issues will post up.

thanks alot! much appreciated!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-31-2011, 10:42 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

The programming info the parts guy gave you would be correct for the NEW (as of 98+ or so/PATS) keyless system
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-07-2011, 12:01 AM Thread Starter
Banned

i couldnt find the connector. any way someone could get me a picture of it for me?
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-07-2011, 12:21 AM

Connector

Assuming you have the car in your signature, the connector is located behind the trim in the trunk on the drivers side. It is near the fuel pump shut-off (inertia) switch. As stated it is a two wire connector. The wires should be Gray with yellow stripe and White with yellow stripe. The connector looks like it may be below the bracket that holds the Anti-theft and or Keyless entry module(s). It may have fallen off of the bracket and is laying low in the well area.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-07-2011, 10:07 AM
No, Mr. Lemmywinks, No!!!

Garage
It's attached to the left side of the black holder that holds the theft and door modules.

Search, there are pix.

Red '96 Cougar XR-7 240k mi. '02 4R70W, PST DS : '03 PI engine, 04 maf, 24lb injectors, 2.5" exhaust, '02 4r70w + Jmod, DirtyD0g TC + cooler + 3/8" lines, 255 walbro fp. Alpine system.
Black '96 Cougar XR-7 (Lazarus) 210k mi PI Intake, '02 4R70W, Jmod, PST DS, GrogTune, Konis, Mark LCA+Poly, racecougar Custom Engine Chain, and JL and racecougar Bracing.
Black '97 Tbird Limited Edition, '02 4R70W, 255 walbro, PST DS, PBR Brakes&SS lines, Toicko Blues & Springs, GrogTune.

"War Is Peace. Freedom Is Slavery. Ignorance Is Strength." - George Orwell.
Truth Isn't Truth. - Rudy Giuliani, 2018 Award winner, “Most Outrageous Diversion” by MSNBC for this quote
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-17-2011, 03:38 PM Thread Starter
Banned

finally have a chance today to look into it. will post of any issues.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-17-2011, 04:43 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Programming Key FOBs 1995 Thunderbird

Programming - Transmitter

Before any of the RKE features will operate, the RKE module must be programmed to accept signals from the transmitters. The RKE module may be programmed to accept signals from up to four transmitters. The following steps must be performed in order to program or reprogram the RKE module to respond to the selected transmitters:

Put the ignition switch in "RUN" or "ACC" and momentarily jumper the two terminals of the programmer connector (located in the LH side of the trunk, next to the remote/keyless entry module). The system will respond by locking and then unlocking all doors.
Press any button on the transmitter. All doors will lock and then unlock to verify transmitter signal acceptance.
Repeat step 2 to program the RKE module to accept up to four transmitter signals.
Turn the ignition switch to "OFF". All doors will then lock and unlock.
Operate a button on each transmitter to verify that the system has been programmed successfully.

~Rick

TCCoA Sig
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-19-2011, 12:19 AM Thread Starter
Banned

found the connector with the wires. how do i go about "jumping" the terminals? i dont wanna cause any electriclal issues. had waaayyy to many with my 94 SC
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-19-2011, 12:26 AM
Humble MN12 Genius
Super Moderator

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to XR7-4.6
I always just used a paper clip

-Matt
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-19-2011, 11:11 AM

Jumpering terminals

There should be just two terminals/wires in the connector. Just touch them together. If there are more than two terminals, you have the wrong connector.

Once this is done, NetKeym 's procedure should work except that the 95 workshop manual I have says this;

Turn ignition switch to RUN or ACC position and momentarily short the two terminals of the Program Connector (C4) (a two-pin connector is taped to the wire assembly and can be reached by removing the LH luggage compartment trim panel). The connector is attached to the relay mounting panel (14B144) . All front doors should lock then unlock. Remove shorting pin.

Hope this helps.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-19-2011, 07:15 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.4LDOHC View Post
There should be just two terminals/wires in the connector. Just touch them together. If there are more than two terminals, you have the wrong connector.

Once this is done, NetKeym 's procedure should work except that the 95 workshop manual I have says this;

Turn ignition switch to RUN or ACC position and momentarily short the two terminals of the Program Connector (C4) (a two-pin connector is taped to the wire assembly and can be reached by removing the LH luggage compartment trim panel). The connector is attached to the relay mounting panel (14B144) . All front doors should lock then unlock. Remove shorting pin.

Hope this helps.
I took my procedure straight from Alldata which gets it's info from Ford. If it doesn't work, I don't know why because we pay thousands of dollars a month for Alldata and it hasn't been wrong yet.

~Rick

TCCoA Sig
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-19-2011, 09:43 PM Thread Starter
Banned

raining once again today.... dont wanna mess with electronics in the rain. gonna try this tomorrow hopefully.

i appriciate all the advice guys! maybe this can be a stick post? help out others who need to program their remotes
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-19-2011, 09:48 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94soupecoupe View Post
maybe this can be a stick post? help out others who need to program their remotes
I doubt it'll get stickied... there are at least a dozen more threads with this information already in them that can be found by searching for "keyless remote programming".

Something that MIGHT get stickied is a thread that holds links to threads with all the common procedures and whatnot in it. It's hard to judge what the mods deem to be sticky-worthy. There is a sticky similar to that in the newbie forum though.

But like I mentioned, most here say "search" when it comes to common information. Most people look right over the stickies that are there and start new threads anyway....

-Brandon
97 Laser Red Thunderbird LX 162k, Stage 2 4.6L 2v N/A | 300 BHP (255 RWHP, 290 RWTQ) | 13.95 @ 97.58 | Build details | Pics at the Lorain Assembly plant
98 Black Mark VIII 160k, stock daily driver
07 Redfire Fusion V6 SEL 178k, for the wife
Gone but not forgotten: 96 Mark VIII, 94 Cougar XR7, 93 Mark VIII

TCCoA's resident pilot since 2014
Once you have tasted flight, you will walk the world with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you long to return. -Leonardo da Vinci
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-19-2011, 10:41 PM

Remote programming

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetKeym View Post
I took my procedure straight from Alldata which gets it's info from Ford. If it doesn't work, I don't know why because we pay thousands of dollars a month for Alldata and it hasn't been wrong yet.
No disrespect meant! I've seen errors in both Ford shop manuals and Alldata. Just wanted to add additional info if the first try didn't work.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in