alarm going off - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-01-2011, 08:57 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear Poster

alarm going off

For three out of the past 4 days my alarm has gone off randomly. Once when i unlocked it from the outside. and twice after i had turn the car off about 20 seconds later it went off. anybody have this happen to them? 1997 4.6 btw
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-06-2011, 12:51 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear Poster

Nobody?????
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-06-2011, 12:52 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear Poster

Heres a question, how do I disarm the alarm so I dont have to worry about it??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-06-2011, 06:29 AM
PostWhore

Clip the siren wires. Should be by a front shock in the engine bay.

I love my V8, but I'd love it more if all 8 cylinders worked. (they do now)

My T-bird is like George Jetson's wife, you try to give her a little money, she takes the whole wallet.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-09-2011, 12:15 AM
PostWhore

Factory alarm?

Check the remote battery, does it only do it when you're close? maybe letting you know the battery is low. Check for the manual, if you don't have it look online. There should be a way to reset it, try that. Or valet mode. if you just want it disabled do like 1996Project-bird said but if it has the ignition kill that may not be a good permanent solution.

-Kelly
===================================
Fuelly
94 LX 3.8L NA : Daily Driver. 270k on chassis, 10k on motor.
90 35th Anniversary SC : Stored for the Winter.
Needs Harmonic Balancer, complete suspension overhaul.
WTB: 90 SC BHJ harmonic balancer
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-09-2011, 07:21 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueEyes View Post
Factory alarm?

Check the remote battery, does it only do it when you're close? maybe letting you know the battery is low. Check for the manual, if you don't have it look online. There should be a way to reset it, try that. Or valet mode. if you just want it disabled do like 1996Project-bird said but if it has the ignition kill that may not be a good permanent solution.
No remote entry, just a simple ol key. Its done it a few more times, once while i was in the store and i heard it going off so i just let it go off and after about 4 mins it went off on its own.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-09-2011, 09:58 PM
Rob
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to Rob
I would chase down the alarm module, unplug it, and short the starter circuit wires together. I did this on a E-150 conversion van last year. I only heard the alarm go off once in my 96 and that was from starting it using the ignition switch and not turning the key, iirc.

-Rob
RIP '94 Amber Fire Pearl Metallic Thunderbird on Bullitts [email protected]
96 Sport '02 Explorer PI with ported heads, 90MM LMAF, DirtyDog Marauder TC, Lasota tune, Jmod, Magnaflow mid-mount with X, no cats. Urethane drivers motor mount. HIDs!
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-10-2011, 05:56 PM
1st Gear Poster

My trunk switch went bad and it did the same thing. So I just unplugged it. If turning the key in either door lock shuts the alarm off that's most likely the problem. There's a plug going into the trunk latch. Just unplug it and see if your problem is solved.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-04-2011, 09:58 AM
5th Gear Poster

Mine does the same thing except it's an aftermarket Clarion/Ungo unit. I have yet to resolve the issue, so I keep the car disarmed. I notice at night that the interior lights cycle on and off. My alarm is wired to go off when the dome light circuit is energized (along with many other scenarios) so I'm guessing it may be a door switch or something.

If you can't hear it before you see it...what's the point?
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-04-2011, 01:12 PM
No, Mr. Lemmywinks, No!!!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01stallion View Post
Nobody?????
When nobody replies back to a post, it usually means there's an easily searchable thread that talks about diagnosing the issue.

It's nicer than posting:

One of your sensors is bad, most likely.

Red '96 Cougar XR-7 240k mi. '02 4R70W, PST DS : '03 PI engine, 04 maf, 24lb injectors, 2.5" exhaust, '02 4r70w + Jmod, DirtyD0g TC + cooler + 3/8" lines, 255 walbro fp. Alpine system.
Black '96 Cougar XR-7 (Lazarus) 210k mi PI Intake, '02 4R70W, Jmod, PST DS, GrogTune, Konis, Mark LCA+Poly, racecougar Custom Engine Chain, and JL and racecougar Bracing.
Black '97 Tbird Limited Edition, '02 4R70W, 255 walbro, PST DS, PBR Brakes&SS lines, Toicko Blues & Springs, GrogTune.

"War Is Peace. Freedom Is Slavery. Ignorance Is Strength." - George Orwell.
Truth Isn't Truth. - Rudy Giuliani, 2018 Award winner, “Most Outrageous Diversion” by MSNBC for this quote
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-04-2011, 01:41 PM
PostWhore

x2 ^^

also you never said if it was OE or aftermarket.

Quote:
No remote entry, just a simple ol key.
The OE on my brothers 97 had a remote. If you don't have the remote look in the trunk, pull back the carpet by the fuel shut off switch. That's where I found his. Don't know who put it there but that's where I found it. Anyway, I would just remove it. Get a decent alarm if you want/need one.

-Kelly
===================================
Fuelly
94 LX 3.8L NA : Daily Driver. 270k on chassis, 10k on motor.
90 35th Anniversary SC : Stored for the Winter.
Needs Harmonic Balancer, complete suspension overhaul.
WTB: 90 SC BHJ harmonic balancer
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-04-2011, 08:38 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to Chris_Murder
My 97 v6 had the factory alarm anytime you'd lock the doors with the button on the drivers side interior switch panel (for example if the battery in the remote was dead) it would light up the theft logo on the dash, if you didn't unlock it and relock it with the key from the drivers door the alarm would go off. Unlocking and relocking the drivers side door manually disabled the alarm.

-1996 Pearl White Thunderbird 4.6 Sport 4v with many mods:
Current Best: 13.583 @ 103.74 10/2014.
227hp/241tq measured on calibrated mustang dyno, tested at full vehicle simulation with inertia enabled, no number skewing.
-2001 White Ford F-250 Super Duty 6.8 V10, 4-door, 4x4, Limo Tint, BFG KO2's, Bilstein 7100 Remote Reservoir Race Bypass Shocks, 6" Spring lift, Kenwood Double Din, K&N Intake, FlowMaster Exhaust
Amber_Murder's Daily Driver.
-2005 White GMC Sierra 3500 6.6 Duramax, Dually, 4-door, 4x4, Limo Tint, BFG Commercial T/A's, Rancho RS9000XL Shocks, Kenwood Double Din, K&N Intake, Banks Monster Exhaust
Chris_Murder's Daily Driver.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-04-2011, 10:57 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

If it is a factory alarm, there are two inline fuse holders in the trunk on the wiring coming off the RKE module on the drivers side of the trunk under the side trunk carpet. I forget which fuse it is, but if you pull one of them, the factory alarm will no longer function, and will no longer interfere with your life. You could probably also unplug the tan-ish colored alarm module in the trunk as well, to accomplish the same thing. Mine has the factory alarm, with the fuse removed...it also has an aftermarket alarm. I plugged a fuse back in, re-activating the factory alarm, and it behaved strangely...I am not sure if the aftermarket alarm is interfering with it, or if it just had developed issues, and that is why the fuse is removed...either way, I'd say ditch it, not worth the trouble.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in