TCCoA Forums banner

What is this?

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  renello79 
#1 ·
My buddy has a 94 and we just looked for the control module for his keyless system and because he has an extra unit i decided to see if my car had the harness to plug and play. well when i pulled the carpet back there was a electrical unit in the same location but looked different then his.

See less See more
#6 ·
#7 · (Edited)
I bought a factory module from MadMikey a while ago and started looking to installing it yesterday. Obviously I found the same as renello ...no harness where it's supposed to go.. and I'm going to install it per netkym's great thread. Wondering why it is not a sticky?

I was tempted just to go buy the Bulldog and resell the factory unit but the factory has the proper sized relays so that really makes things easier.. assuming it works

BTW: in my research on the wiring locations for rke, I found one of those 'ask the experts' saying the rke module's mounted on the rear window shelf. Obviously it is not.. but what does the little box that is there do? Trunk and gas cover release?
Yes.. Ive had three 93 birds for total 10 years but unlike GM cars, Ford dont have many elect problems so I never needed to know.

#8 ·
The rke is on the drivers side in the trunk under the carpet, attached to the holder that also has the fuel inertia switch.

Look for the grey plug, used to reprogram it, near the top.

The wiring goes up the driver's side AFAICT..

#9 ·
I installed a remote start alarm system on the 94 when I had it wasn't hard I am going to be installing one in my sc since I don't have the necessary stuff to do a factory setup. I was hoping I could at least get keyless entry for free though but no biggie

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.