Car sometimes wants to stall, not consistent - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-05-2016, 05:03 PM Thread Starter
4th Gear Poster

Car sometimes wants to stall, not consistent

About a month ago I brought my car to a shop since the car refused to start. They replaced the MAF and connector which fixed that.

Even after that they noted that the car wanted to stall when put in gear. So, they replaced the IAC, connector and the purge valve sensor, solenoid, connectors, and hoses.

Since then, sometimes the car starts up and runs fine when put in gear. Other times, it wants to stall any time you give it some gas. My temporary work around is to shut the car off, and restart it but keep the starter going a little longer.....this has worked every time.

Anybody have an idea on what might be causing this? Wondering if maybe it's fuel pump which I'm 99% is original and the car currently has 114k.

It runs 100% of the time 80% of the time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-05-2016, 06:21 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

I'd replace the fuel filter before replacing the pump. It's easier to get to than the pump.

You may also want to run a can of seafoam in the tank to clean the injectors. It's all I can think of.

'97 Bird, "Pearl": L/R 2.5in Magnaflow Hi-Flow CATs | PI Intake & PI Cams | Suspension Rebuild

'13 Taurus, "The Bull": 3.5L Goodness

'00 2dr v6 Accord, "Dirty Girl": Magnaflow Hi-Flow CAT | Greddy SP2 CAT-Back | Eibach ProKit springs | Eibach F/R Sway Bars | KYB-GR2 struts
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-06-2016, 01:53 AM
5th Gear Poster

Check your air filter. Might be clogged, check the ducts under the air filter for maybe some leaves or some small animal that might've found its way in there lol.
Fuel pump could be on its way out, I'd get an upgraded pump like a Walbro or something just in case you want to do something in the future, they're cheap too, around the same price as a factory pump.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in