Heater Core Replacement Instructions??? - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-07-2016, 02:56 AM Thread Starter
2nd Gear Poster

Heater Core Replacement Instructions???

There must have been a time when these instructions were posted here somewhere....but no longer exist???

Where is "Sir Williams" Instructions posted? Or is TimB's write up the solution for now.....with only a couple of pictures by Sir W augmenting Tim's write up?

I would have thought that this would be in a STICKY somewhere......... or in the Cooling section along with the "Ground your Heater Core TSB"....... (Really? no other posts in Cooling????)

.....or did I miss a catastrophic meltdown of the forum data......

Lemmeno! I have some work ahead of me.....hope to finish up the damned oil filter adapter gasket tomorrow......has to be the only "small" job worse than the heater core!!!!

Thanks in advance,
Steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-07-2016, 07:01 AM
MA Chapter Director

Administrator

Garage
I found timb's article for you!

Joe

It's not a 97 Sport, it just looks like one!

Mass. TCCoAers, Send me your info!

I buy all my Ford parts from 93 lx.

Member of the TCCoA Damage Control Team.

R.I.P. Johnny Langton 1975 - 2011
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-07-2016, 02:29 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

That's the one! I used it myself not too long ago

'97 Bird, "Pearl": L/R 2.5in Magnaflow Hi-Flow CATs | PI Intake & PI Cams | Suspension Rebuild

'13 Taurus, "The Bull": 3.5L Goodness

'00 2dr v6 Accord, "Dirty Girl": Magnaflow Hi-Flow CAT | Greddy SP2 CAT-Back | Eibach ProKit springs | Eibach F/R Sway Bars | KYB-GR2 struts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-08-2016, 01:08 AM Thread Starter
2nd Gear Poster

OK great! So is the "Sir William" contribution now limited to the pictures that he supplemented TimB's instructions with (shifting the dash)????

This job comes next.....

Finished the oil filter adapter gasket job today....ugh......that was 7-8 hours of outright wrestling with a 15ft python with one hand tied behind my back!! There isn't ANY room to get two hands where you need them, doing this job in the driveway/garage with no lift.........

What I did end up doing that helped me get things in place, was to secure two of the mounting bolts in place with a thin rubberband, then another rubberband looped around the entire thing to keep the gasket in place. Then one handed.....I put the adapter in the general vicinity and prayed that I got the proper bolt hole first time around without cross threading it....... I lived to tell the story......and better yet, the car lived......it was close to getting a bullet or two........ But, no more leak!!!! That's the good news!

Thanks for the replies guys!!!
Steve
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-01-2017, 05:34 PM

I used timb's instructions this past week to do the job and it was a piece of cake. If you haven't tackled it yet it was about a 7 hour job with breaks.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in