2Likes
  • 1 Post By donate12
  • 1 Post By tbirdguy

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-05-2017, 02:54 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear Poster

Garage
Torque app and PIDs for us

Anyone running The Torque app? And have amassed any extended PIDs? I have been running it for a few months now and am slowly accumulating some extended PIDs for our cars. I have several working but a few need some others to test to see if the equations are correct and/or its not just my car's readings (1996 Tbird 4.6).

PIDs added:
DPFE voltage - works fine.
Transmission Fluid Temp - works fine
Baro Hz - needs confirmation (think my MAF is going out)
IAC duty cycle % - equation needs work, ie need testers
MAF AD counts - needs confirmation (will allow MAF voltage too)

Trust me. I was almost a doctor once.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-05-2017, 06:03 PM
PostWhore

Just Download an app called Forscan. Has every pid you would ever want. Totally free for the PC

Download FORScan

Forscan lite is free for android, you get one pid at a time.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-05-2017, 09:45 PM
PostWhore

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by donate12 View Post
Anyone running The Torque app? And have amassed any extended PIDs? I have been running it for a few months now and am slowly accumulating some extended PIDs for our cars. I have several working but a few need some others to test to see if the equations are correct and/or its not just my car's readings (1996 Tbird 4.6).

PIDs added:
DPFE voltage - works fine.
Transmission Fluid Temp - works fine
Baro Hz - needs confirmation (think my MAF is going out)
IAC duty cycle % - equation needs work, ie need testers
MAF AD counts - needs confirmation (will allow MAF voltage too)
I have TorquePro and love it on my Android. If you have a PID for Oil Pressure, I'd love to add that to mine. Can you share the PID for Transmission Fluid temp please?

97 Thunderbird LX (The GT Bird)
2003 Explorer WAP block with Modular Head Shop "street ported" heads and Stage 2 PI NA cams, 75mm Accufab throttle body, C&L upper intake plenum, Kooks 1.75" primary/3" collector headers, 2.5" full exhaust with mid mount Magnaflow dual in/out muffler, 24lb/hr injectors, 80mm MAF, Tuning from Don @ www.lasotaracing.com, CAI that feeds from fenderwell. Jmod, 3.73:1 TL in Mark VIII carrier, Mark VIII aluminum LCAs, 93 Mark VIII driveshaft, PBR brakes (soon to be Cobras), 18x9 wheels with 35mm offset, 255/40/ZR18 Tires, Front and Rear strut/shock bracing, GR-2 shocks, Eibach 1.5" springs, 1989 SC front and rear sway bars.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-05-2017, 10:45 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear Poster

Garage
I've tried FORScan a bit but don't have it setup on the Android. Yet

Transmission Fluid Temp
PID: 221674
Min:0 Max: 200
Unit: F
((A*256)+B)/8
Header: Auto (if it doesn't work or seems off, try header: TCM)

DPFE Voltage
PID: 22114e
Min: 0 Max: 6
Units: Volts
(A*1.8)/100
Header: Auto

MAF A/D Counts
PID: 221633
Min:0 Max:1024
((A*256)+B)*(1/(64^1))
Header: Auto

Baro (not sure on this one's readings)
PID: 221127
Min:0 Max:300
Unit: Hz
Equation: A
Header: C410F1

I don't take credit for these. It has been a community effort. The first 3 work good. Not sure on the "baro" one yet.

Will you try out the "Baro" one? Not sure it is correct and/or my MAF is truly going out. Thanks! I haven't gotten to oil temp yet but will post when I do.
Woodman likes this.

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-05-2017, 11:56 PM
PostWhore

I think the service DVD had all the pids.
Woodman likes this.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-07-2017, 03:39 PM
5th Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbirdguy View Post
I think the service DVD had all the pids.
tell me more about this service dvd
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-07-2017, 07:12 PM
PostWhore

Garage
So I have an aftermarket oil pressure gauge that has a simple go/no go switch for the warning light, as well as the calibrated gauge for actual oil pressure. I'm guessing since it doesn't tie in to the ECU, there's no way to read that either.

2003 Explorer WAP block with Modular Head Shop "street ported" heads and Stage 2 PI NA cams, 75mm Accufab throttle body, C&L upper intake plenum, Kooks 1.75" primary/3" collector headers, 2.5" full exhaust with mid mount Magnaflow dual in/out muffler, 24lb/hr injectors, 80mm MAF, Tuning from Don @ www.lasotaracing.com, CAI that feeds from fenderwell. Jmod, 3.73:1 TL in Mark VIII carrier, Mark VIII aluminum LCAs, 93 Mark VIII driveshaft, PBR brakes (soon to be Cobras), 18x9 wheels with 35mm offset, 255/40/ZR18 Tires, Front and Rear strut/shock bracing, GR-2 shocks, Eibach 1.5" springs, 1989 SC front and rear sway bars.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-08-2017, 02:17 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear Poster

Garage
I'd be interested in knowing more about the service dvd as well. The service manual I have doesn't show PIDs.

Woodman: I have done a brief search of oil pressure monitoring with Torque on the Mustang forums and it doesn't seem likely but I will look more in the future. As far as your existing oil pressure gauges, you are right and saying that it would need to be integrated into the ECU for Torque to be able to read it (easily). Did you try the "Baro" one yet? I'm reading 231Hz which is way off (from my understanding)!

Still working on the equation for the IAC duty cycle.

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-08-2017, 04:29 PM
PostWhore

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by donate12 View Post
I'd be interested in knowing more about the service dvd as well. The service manual I have doesn't show PIDs.

Woodman: I have done a brief search of oil pressure monitoring with Torque on the Mustang forums and it doesn't seem likely but I will look more in the future. As far as your existing oil pressure gauges, you are right and saying that it would need to be integrated into the ECU for Torque to be able to read it (easily). Did you try the "Baro" one yet? I'm reading 231Hz which is way off (from my understanding)!

Still working on the equation for the IAC duty cycle.
I haven't tried the baro yet, and I'm not 100% certain how I'd read it. Add to it my engine isn't between the fenders yet (this weekend I hope!). I'll dig into it.

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-11-2017, 11:35 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear Poster

Garage
Baro is just another means of checking the MAF (a portion of it). In place of a MAP, the ECU measures a capacitor in the MAF to determine barometric pressure. It reads it in Hz (then there is a conversion chart to compare if it is reading your altitude properly). Just something I was interested in because I've seen that number used a lot in testing a MAF when the counts/volts are reading fine.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in