Possible bad blower motor? - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-27-2018, 08:53 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Possible bad blower motor?

Damn it..
Got my 98 lsc finally going,went to turn on vents and like nothing comes out...barely any heat leaks from them..i can hear my blend door move n stuff..
Blower motor ? Hard job? I wouldn't care as the little it works is fine for me but my wife will be having to use it with the kids for a month.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-28-2018, 06:57 AM
5th Gear Poster

It's been a while but my 97 did this after a rain storm. Found a very small leak and water was dripping right on my control module. When I say small I mean a small. Look up from the passenger side floor board and you'll see the module. I replaced mine with a spare but if yours is wet you may be able to dry it out. But before I did anything I would check for voltage going to the motor itself. I would work my way back from there.

1997 Mark 8 LSC

Former owner:
1996 Thunderbird lx 4.6
1994 Thunderbird lx 4.6
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-28-2018, 12:47 PM Thread Starter
Banned

While I was in the passenger seat of I kick the bottom of the glove box (not hard) it makes it start blowing strong...wtf?

So I been teaching the wife how to drive the mark today,she only ever drove 4x4 jeeps so taught her the Trac control stuff and how to properly spin the tires in deep snow to not get stuck..lol now she said she wants to run it at the track...lol 10min of driving it she fell in love, lol I might be out a car now..lol I am.she took it home and I'm here carless.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-28-2018, 01:01 PM
Humble MN12 Genius
Super Moderator

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to XR7-4.6
I would start by checking the connections of both the blower controller and the blower motor itself for looseness, corrosion or signs of overheating, as well as give the wires the wiggle test(you already somewhat did this by kicking it and seeing the result, now just isolate the source).

If it's not a connection or wiring fault it's more likely the blower controller than it is the motor, which mostly just make annoying noises typical of any fan when they start to go bad.

Just for clarification, when you say hardly any air is coming out of the vents, you don't hear the blower working much either, right?

-Matt
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-28-2018, 01:34 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR7-4.6 View Post
I would start by checking the connections of both the blower controller and the blower motor itself for looseness, corrosion or signs of overheating, as well as give the wires the wiggle test(you already somewhat did this by kicking it and seeing the result, now just isolate the source).

If it's not a connection or wiring fault it's more likely the blower controller than it is the motor, which mostly just make annoying noises typical of any fan when they start to go bad.

Just for clarification, when you say hardly any air is coming out of the vents, you don't hear the blower working much either, right?
Exacly..the blower motor wasn't on and just residual heat was coming out or the motor was so low I couldn't hear it..
But after giving it the Fonz effect the motor flipped rite on..so I bet a bad or corroded connections from dumbasses not kicking off their shoes before they get in and probably have some corroded terminals above..
Might as well get into it down there since I need to drop my ecu for the moates chips I will be ordering..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in