Wiring - Electrical Connectors and Circuits - TCCoA Forums
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 80 (permalink) Old 12-22-2018, 08:48 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Wiring - Electrical Connectors and Circuits

So, I guess I'm in territory that most people have not entered. I'm in the process of going through my wiring harness and changing the flex loom and adding shrink tubing and things like that and I also want to prune out the things I won't need since I'm building a "racecar". Anyway, I'm smarter than the average bear and I already have the Ford shop manual and EVTM for my car and I figured that I would just refer to that for most of my needs. Guess what? Ford/Helm does not provide diagrams/pictures for most of the under hood connectors.

Does anyone know if there is a source for this kind of information? I also have these manuals electronically and neither has these diagrams/pictures.

I realize that I can figure it out by tracing the wire colors and making educated guesses as to the connectors and find them in the EVTM but that's going to be a major PITA.

TIA

"When the only tool you have is a hammer, suddenly everything looks like a nail."
"Nothing is foolproof because fools are so ingenious."
1992 Ford Thunderbird SC

Coast High Peformance 347 Stroker
-Low Tension Oil Rings, Zero Gap Seconds
-10.5:1 Compression Ratio
Trick Flow Twisted Wedge heads
Trick Flow Stage 1 cam
Trick Flow Street Heat Intake
Mac 1 5/8 long tube headers
FRPP 42# injectors
3.27 gears
Custom aluminum driveshaft
M5R2
Burned Chip for SN95 T4M0 ECM
OMGHI2U

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 80 (permalink) Old 12-22-2018, 09:00 PM
No, Mr. Lemmywinks, No!!!

Garage
dDUBb mentioned he has factory drawing different than What I have, which sounds like what you have, the EVTM and Helm book.

I've never noticed them being missing.

But I bet Matt has. Let's see what he says; I added in wires for stuff from the EEC to the engine harness from C197 ( I think, the big one) but haven't dealt with the other ones.
MaddMartigan likes this.

Red '96 Cougar XR-7 240k mi. '02 4R70W, PST DS : '03 PI engine, 04 maf, 24lb injectors, 2.5" exhaust, '02 4r70w + Jmod, DirtyD0g TC + cooler + 3/8" lines, 255 walbro fp. Alpine system.
Black '96 Cougar XR-7 (Lazarus) 210k mi PI Intake, '02 4R70W, Jmod, PST DS, GrogTune, Konis, Mark LCA+Poly, racecougar Custom Engine Chain, and JL and racecougar Bracing.
Black '97 Tbird Limited Edition, '02 4R70W, 255 walbro, PST DS, PBR Brakes&SS lines, Toicko Blues & Springs, GrogTune.

"War Is Peace. Freedom Is Slavery. Ignorance Is Strength." - George Orwell.
Truth Isn't Truth. - Rudy Giuliani, 2018 Award winner, “Most Outrageous Diversion” by MSNBC for this quote
post #3 of 80 (permalink) Old 12-22-2018, 09:27 PM
Humble MN12 Genius
Super Moderator

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to XR7-4.6
The connectors are named by number in the EVTM, such as c197, and if you flip to the back sections of the EVTM each connector has a location index with description and sometimes a pinout diagram in the in-line connectors section
Creighton likes this.

-Matt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 80 (permalink) Old 12-22-2018, 10:20 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by XR7-4.6 View Post
The connectors are named by number in the EVTM, such as c197, and if you flip to the back sections of the EVTM each connector has a location index with description and sometimes a pinout diagram in the in-line connectors section
Correct. However, there is no picture/diagram of said connector. There is only the picture of the engine bay and the base location of the connector. It's not the case for all connectors but things like TPS, ECT, ACT/IAT, Fuel Injectors, etc. are not shown at the connector level.

I'll just have to back into by cataloging the wire color combos for each connector and then walking through the EVTM to find out what they are. I can tell the obvious ones but things like the AC controls and Air Injection are not things I need but I don't the connector by sight.

"When the only tool you have is a hammer, suddenly everything looks like a nail."
1992 Ford Thunderbird SC

Trick Flow Stage 1 cam
FRPP 42# injectors
3.27 gears
M5R2
OMGHI2U

post #5 of 80 (permalink) Old 12-24-2018, 06:08 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Since I'm finding some things and not others, I'll post some of my challenges here to see if you guys have some insight.

The first harness that I'm mapping out is the one that has all of the fuel injectors. If you guys could help me figure some of these out I would appreciate it.

2 pin connector - BR/PK and R - EGR Vacuum
2 pin connector - W/R and R - Air Injection Bypass
2 pin connector - LG/R - GY/R - ECT
4 pin connector - BK/W, GY/R, BK/LG - EGR Solenoid
8 pin connector - R, Y/W, BR/GR, GY/W, BR/W, GY/R, BR/R, GR/R - ????
4 pin connector - T/W, BK/GR, GY/Y, GY/R - ????
1 pin connector - R/PK x 2 - ????
2 pin connector - GY/R,R/PK - ????
3 pin connector - GY, W/R, GR/W - ????
1 pin connector - W/R - Oil Pressure Sender
8 pin connector - LB, GR/PK, T/BK, BR/LB, W/Y, T
8 2 pin connectors - Fuel Injection Connectors - I'm good here
3 pin connector - TPS - I'm good here

I have some vague ideas on some of these. I know that the TFI connection is in there.

TIA

Edited to say that my paper EVTM apparently is missing Cell 150. In the electronic version there is a cell 150. That contains the connector diagrams. So far I'm not finding any matches from a wire color perspective.

1992 Ford Thunderbird SC

Trick Flow Stage 1 cam
FRPP 42# injectors
3.27 gears
M5R2
OMGHI2U

Last edited by MaddMartigan; 12-25-2018 at 06:41 AM.
post #6 of 80 (permalink) Old 12-30-2018, 08:14 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Just an update.

I've managed to document a lot of the connectors and junctions. I updated my resurrection thread with pics of the fuel injection harness being in place. I've managed to document all of the connectors on the other half of the engine harness that goes to the ECM. I just need to clean all of the connectors and redo the wire loom on it as well as remove the unneeded connectors/wires.

It's disappointing that the EVTM doesn't show most of the under hood connectors but it is what it is. There are so many useless connectors in there; from the AC to the EGR and Air Injection to all of the VMM connections for a VMM the car never had. It's interesting.

On a side note for those of you that have the EVTM in electronic format; it's a 16-bit app so you can run it on 32-bit versions of Windows but not 64-bit. Even 32-bit Windows 10 works just fine. The reason for this is that it requires NTVDM which is the "virtual machine" required for 16-bit apps and that function is not allowed in 64-bit versions of Windows.

1992 Ford Thunderbird SC

Trick Flow Stage 1 cam
FRPP 42# injectors
3.27 gears
M5R2
OMGHI2U

post #7 of 80 (permalink) Old 12-30-2018, 03:36 PM
Kind of slapped together

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddMartigan View Post
On a side note for those of you that have the EVTM in electronic format; it's a 16-bit app so you can run it on 32-bit versions of Windows but not 64-bit. Even 32-bit Windows 10 works just fine. The reason for this is that it requires NTVDM which is the "virtual machine" required for 16-bit apps and that function is not allowed in 64-bit versions of Windows.
Ssshhhh!!!

Don't say that too loudly, or my 64 bit Win10 will quit running it!

RwP

Fuelly
post #8 of 80 (permalink) Old 12-30-2018, 05:50 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Super Moderator

Garage
Send a message via AIM to MadMikeyL
I just had a thought on this; I think you are going about this the wrong way, and you should try starting from the ECM connector pinout diagram. That will tell you what circuit each wire is, what color it is, and what connector number it goes to. Then if you are still unsure, you can look up the pinout for that connector number to confirm that it is what you have in your hand. Since you don't have to worry about any wiring for factory gauges or climate control, you should be able to easily identify everything you need to run the engine, and remove everything else.

Also, just a side note for any other wiring you may be adding in for aftermarket gauges and such, Ford Explorers and Rangers, and probably some other vehicles as well, have a couple nice square bolt-together weatherproof connectors sitting right above the intake manifold, that each have in the neighborhood of 20 wires going through them. Rather than having multiple things wired separately, and multiple locations of passing wires through grommets through the firewall, if you cut these connectors out of car in the junkyard, you can run all the extra wiring though that, and have one connector and one harness for all added on wiring. Since we were running an Explorer motor and harness, we ran everything through these connectors, so when we had to swap a motor at the track, the only electrical connections we had to worry about were the 2 main connectors on top of the intake, and disconnecting the trigger wire from the starter.

-91 Cougar LS, coming soon, complete overhaul with a 427" Windsor.
-90 XR7 5-speed black on black w/sunroof, MP2, coated rotors, double intercooler, 15%OD, ported heads, comp stage 1 cam, 85mm TB, 90MM LMAF, 80# injectors, and ported big valve heads
-98 Mark VIII LSC, Procharger P600b, TR3650 swap and 3.73s.
-90 SC Automatic rustbucket winter beater
-97 Tbird Sport 4.6 Nice weather daily driver
-"Your buddy Mike is INSANE!" -ClintD's dad
post #9 of 80 (permalink) Old 12-30-2018, 06:51 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
It would be helpful to have one of these … it has the connector end view and pinouts for every wire on the entire vehicle. I have one for a 1994 Thunderbird - not sure what year your car is, but they are very specific to the vehicle year. I didn't even buy this one - it was given to me by a local guy who sold his Tbird and thought I might have some use for it.

It wouldn't be too much trouble for me to take pictures, but I believe if your car is not a 1994, a lot of these connectors would be different.

I have been able to trace out connector pinouts using the EVTM by wire color / circuit ID number even when the end view was not displayed in the EVTM previously, but I can understand where it can get confusing. The good thing about the way Ford did the circuit ID, is that the color / circuit number is pretty consistent across model / years.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CAM03017.jpg (1.01 MB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg CAM03014.jpg (920.3 KB, 4 views)
Grog6 likes this.
post #10 of 80 (permalink) Old 12-30-2018, 07:42 PM

Garage
That's the pix I referred to above; do you have a link, or know where they can be ordered?

Better yet, a part number printed on there somewhere?

Red '96 Cougar XR-7 240k mi. '02 4R70W, PST DS : '03 PI engine, 04 maf, 24lb injectors, 2.5" exhaust, '02 4r70w + Jmod, DirtyD0g TC + cooler + 3/8" lines, 255 walbro fp. Alpine system.
Black '96 Cougar XR-7 (Lazarus) 210k mi PI Intake, '02 4R70W, Jmod, PST DS, GrogTune, Konis, Mark LCA+Poly, racecougar Custom Engine Chain, and JL and racecougar Bracing.
Black '97 Tbird Limited Edition, '02 4R70W, 255 walbro, PST DS, PBR Brakes&SS lines, Toicko Blues & Springs, GrogTune.

Truth Isn't Truth. - Rudy Giuliani, 2018 Award winner, “Most Outrageous Diversion” by MSNBC for this quote
post #11 of 80 (permalink) Old 12-30-2018, 07:48 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMikeyL View Post
I just had a thought on this; I think you are going about this the wrong way, and you should try starting from the ECM connector pinout diagram. That will tell you what circuit each wire is, what color it is, and what connector number it goes to. Then if you are still unsure, you can look up the pinout for that connector number to confirm that it is what you have in your hand. Since you don't have to worry about any wiring for factory gauges or climate control, you should be able to easily identify everything you need to run the engine, and remove everything else.

Also, just a side note for any other wiring you may be adding in for aftermarket gauges and such, Ford Explorers and Rangers, and probably some other vehicles as well, have a couple nice square bolt-together weatherproof connectors sitting right above the intake manifold, that each have in the neighborhood of 20 wires going through them. Rather than having multiple things wired separately, and multiple locations of passing wires through grommets through the firewall, if you cut these connectors out of car in the junkyard, you can run all the extra wiring though that, and have one connector and one harness for all added on wiring. Since we were running an Explorer motor and harness, we ran everything through these connectors, so when we had to swap a motor at the track, the only electrical connections we had to worry about were the 2 main connectors on top of the intake, and disconnecting the trigger wire from the starter.
Oh, yeah. I have the entire pin out map for the ECM. It's all in the EVTM but none of that tells you what each connector is without mapping out the individual wires. Also, a lot of the connectors in this system don't wire back to the EVTM.

It's fine, I've generally figured it out.

Also, outside of the main engine harness, I'm trying to prune out a lot of the wiring so that I won't need to pass all of this stuff back through the firewall to the interior.

1992 Ford Thunderbird SC

Trick Flow Stage 1 cam
FRPP 42# injectors
3.27 gears
M5R2
OMGHI2U

post #12 of 80 (permalink) Old 12-30-2018, 07:50 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dDUBb View Post
It would be helpful to have one of these … it has the connector end view and pinouts for every wire on the entire vehicle. I have one for a 1994 Thunderbird - not sure what year your car is, but they are very specific to the vehicle year. I didn't even buy this one - it was given to me by a local guy who sold his Tbird and thought I might have some use for it.

It wouldn't be too much trouble for me to take pictures, but I believe if your car is not a 1994, a lot of these connectors would be different.

I have been able to trace out connector pinouts using the EVTM by wire color / circuit ID number even when the end view was not displayed in the EVTM previously, but I can understand where it can get confusing. The good thing about the way Ford did the circuit ID, is that the color / circuit number is pretty consistent across model / years.
I have all of that. In fact, I have more than that. I have the Helm EVTM and Shop Manual as well as the wiring schematic sheets which are large format along with the electronic versions of these. I guess I need to look at the large sheet diagrams closer because it does have the connector pics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20181230_205411.jpg (363.6 KB, 8 views)

1992 Ford Thunderbird SC

Trick Flow Stage 1 cam
FRPP 42# injectors
3.27 gears
M5R2
OMGHI2U

Last edited by MaddMartigan; 12-30-2018 at 07:57 PM.
post #13 of 80 (permalink) Old 12-30-2018, 10:26 PM
5th Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalphP View Post
Ssshhhh!!!

Don't say that too loudly, or my 64 bit Win10 will quit running it!

RwP
I wonder whether we're using the same program.

With the CD I have, the vac section works with my W10 Pro 64, but the wiring portion uses a separate .js and Winblows is giving me database errors for some reason. I'm not finding the prob with Notepad++, but I was sure I had everything working under W8/.1 before the upgrade. I haven't done anything electrical in a long time, and didn't even try to view the schemo with W10 before reading this thread.
post #14 of 80 (permalink) Old 12-30-2018, 10:36 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grog6 View Post
That's the pix I referred to above; do you have a link, or know where they can be ordered?

Better yet, a part number printed on there somewhere?

Ebay possibly .. mine was donated from a local Tbird owner. The part number is on the front .. FPS-xxx just substitute the 94 for your year. In my case, I only own 94/95 Super coupes, so its convenient that they are identical.

Quote:
I have all of that. In fact, I have more than that. I have the Helm EVTM and Shop Manual as well as the wiring schematic sheets which are large format along with the electronic versions of these. I guess I need to look at the large sheet diagrams closer because it does have the connector pics.

Aha that is great news .. I was under the impression from your original post that you only had the EVTM and Shop manual. The Car wiring diagrams have all of the connector end views if you don't mind combing through the spaghetti maze with a magnifying glass to find where the splices are.
post #15 of 80 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 06:36 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Aha that is great news .. I was under the impression from your original post that you only had the EVTM and Shop manual. The Car wiring diagrams have all of the connector end views if you don't mind combing through the spaghetti maze with a magnifying glass to find where the splices are.

Yeah, I don't mind. I had the schematics buried in the cabinet in the garage and I just hadn't pulled them out because, for some dumb reason, I figured they were just bigger, nicer versions of what was in the EVTM and the electronic versions. It's (not) funny how they are three very different versions of similar things.

My whole reason for doing a lot of this is to clean up the wiring that is there. All of the pollution control connectors and other stuff just needs to go from the system. I've got the time and the initiative so I'll just get it figured out. The schematics are truly the missing piece.

Sometimes I just need to put the words out here to get my brain stimulated to solve the problem. That's the whole point of this place, right?
CDsDontBurn likes this.

1992 Ford Thunderbird SC

Trick Flow Stage 1 cam
FRPP 42# injectors
3.27 gears
M5R2
OMGHI2U

post #16 of 80 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 11:52 AM Thread Starter

Garage
OK, the fun continues.

The wiring schematics are the actual godsend. However, I have a slight issue.

Engine Coolant Temp Sensor - LG/R - GY/R
Water Temp Sensor - GY/R - R/W
Water Temp Switch - R - R/W

The last two only show up on the schematics and I definitely have those connectors. They appear to link up to the instrument cluster (gone) but I can't find them in either version of the EVTM.

Am I just going crazy or is this more complicated than necessary?

1992 Ford Thunderbird SC

Trick Flow Stage 1 cam
FRPP 42# injectors
3.27 gears
M5R2
OMGHI2U

post #17 of 80 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 12:16 PM

Garage
The coolant temp LG/R goes all the way back to the eec on my 96; pin 38.

It also goes thru the big connector.

This also says GY/R is a ground at the instrument cluster.
That makes sense, it's shared between the two sensors.
GY/R comes from the secondary junction block to the instrument cluster.
It hits the vss, EEC,evo, and the fuel pump sender.

R/W only goes to the gauge, it looks like.

IDK how different you are; are you eec IV?

Last edited by Grog6; 12-31-2018 at 12:31 PM.
post #18 of 80 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 12:40 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
The coolant temp LG/R goes all the way back to the eec on my 96; pin 38.

It also goes thru the big connector.

This also says GY/R is a ground at the instrument cluster.
That makes sense, it's shared between the two sensors.
GY/R comes from the secondary junction block to the instrument cluster.
It hits the vss, EEC,evo, and the fuel pump sender.

R/W only goes to the gauge, it looks like.

IDK how different you are; are you eec IV?
Yeah, the ECT (LG/R) definitely goes back to the ECM. I guess it explains why I couldn't use the stock wiring to get my new water temp gauge to work. It's several different leads. Oh well. I'll drop it and wire the gauge directly. We'll see though. I may reuse some of that wire and pass it through the harness.

1992 Ford Thunderbird SC

Trick Flow Stage 1 cam
FRPP 42# injectors
3.27 gears
M5R2
OMGHI2U

post #19 of 80 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 12:44 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
2According to my 1993 EVTM … 5.0 engine EEC page 25-3 - The ECT is fed by a common wire ( signal, usually 5 volts reference ) GY/R from the EEC which supplies power to all of the sensors via and return signal to the EEC is LG/R ( this is where the EEC reads the voltage )

Page 62-1, Performance I am assuming ? .. the temp gauge in the dash is fed 12 volts ( hot / run, R/Y to the power distribution block in the dash ) .. grounded through the GY/R and the ECT sender on the engine is the signal wire to the temp gauge in the dash via the R/W signal wire.

Not sure of any water temp switches except for the Cold engine lockout switch ( 55-3) and that's a Y/W

The R/W is for the temp gauge / temp sensor in the dash … any wire that is solid Red is 12 volts in start / run … not sure why that would be wired to an on/off switch, that would make your temp gauge basically useless.
post #20 of 80 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 12:50 PM

Garage
I think I'm not helping, you guys are eec4, and my wiring is different.

Sorry!

post #21 of 80 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 12:59 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
Quote:
I think I'm not helping, you guys are eec4, and my wiring is different.

Sorry!

Its about the same as far as basic functions / instrumentation / wire coloring / circuit ID goes. They just added more sensors to the EEC-V PCM.
post #22 of 80 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 01:04 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
2According to my 1993 EVTM … 5.0 engine EEC page 25-3 - The ECT is fed by a common wire ( signal, usually 5 volts reference ) GY/R from the EEC which supplies power to all of the sensors via and return signal to the EEC is LG/R ( this is where the EEC reads the voltage )

Page 62-1, Performance I am assuming ? .. the temp gauge in the dash is fed 12 volts ( hot / run, R/Y to the power distribution block in the dash ) .. grounded through the GY/R and the ECT sender on the engine is the signal wire to the temp gauge in the dash via the R/W signal wire.

Not sure of any water temp switches except for the Cold engine lockout switch ( 55-3) and that's a Y/W

The R/W is for the temp gauge / temp sensor in the dash … any wire that is solid Red is 12 volts in start / run … not sure why that would be wired to an on/off switch, that would make your temp gauge basically useless.
OK, that all makes perfect sense. Thanks.

There is a lot to digest in general so this is a great sounding board when I run into these things.

You guys are all performing exactly as I had hoped.
Grog6 likes this.

1992 Ford Thunderbird SC

Trick Flow Stage 1 cam
FRPP 42# injectors
3.27 gears
M5R2
OMGHI2U

post #23 of 80 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 01:12 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
Quote:
OK, that all makes perfect sense. Thanks.

There is a lot to digest in general so this is a great sounding board when I run into these things.

You guys are all performing exactly as I had hoped.

LOL thanks .. Im glad our college Degrees in Electrical are useful to you, because they are basically useless in my day to day profession.
post #24 of 80 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 01:17 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
LOL thanks .. Im glad our college Degrees in Electrical are useful to you, because they are basically useless in my day to day profession.
That's good. I work in IT for a living and I feel like those skills aren't as useful as they used to be these days.

1992 Ford Thunderbird SC

Trick Flow Stage 1 cam
FRPP 42# injectors
3.27 gears
M5R2
OMGHI2U

post #25 of 80 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 02:26 PM

Garage
Skills are what you use them for; I have talents that never get used except for me, and then someone else finds out, and it goes from there.

I showed people how to solder 0201's this week; I can't really see them without a stereo microscope, lol.

I really hate lead free solder, tho.

If I'm calculating aerodynamics, it's for me, and a test case the software I have doesn't cover, lol.

I showed a nephew how math in the classroom connects to the real world, and got a note sent home to not make the other kids feel bad.

This is what I showed him:

Easy Gearhead Calculus:

Position is where you are. {x,y}

You want to go to the end of the dragstrip. X+N(mi),Y

How fast you went is T(seconds)=X+N(mi), Y

Σ(X+N)/T is how fast you went average across the distance. (10 seconds is 40mph, lol. That's if you were going an even speed over 1/4 mi.)

Velocity is the first derivative of position.

Since a real drag race doesn't work that way, you get to Acceleration.

Acceleration is the second derivative of position... and it's a function of HP/RPM/W (Weight). And you have other stuff too:

HP/RPM, Gearing, Tires, slipping, wheelbounce, and all with respect to the mass of the vehicle; all the gains and losses are their own functions.

So just simple math can take you some great places; these days you can model the tire flex, with the right programs.

My uncle has acceleration data every 0.01 second, and that's a great way to sort out problems with traction, etc.
MaddMartigan likes this.

post #26 of 80 (permalink) Old 01-05-2019, 12:01 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Next challenge. I want to get rid of the fuse block under the hood in favor of something else. There are tons of fuse boxes out there but I have yet to run across one that supports the high amp fuses that are used and I need 6 of those. They range from 30A to 80A.

Any tips?

1992 Ford Thunderbird SC

Trick Flow Stage 1 cam
FRPP 42# injectors
3.27 gears
M5R2
OMGHI2U

post #27 of 80 (permalink) Old 01-05-2019, 01:03 PM

Garage
I don't see anything out there that's as good as our block; Nothing with the big fuses at all.

post #28 of 80 (permalink) Old 01-05-2019, 01:49 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
I don't see anything out there that's as good as our block; Nothing with the big fuses at all.

Working with Ralph and Matt on IRC, we found a good alternative: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Grog6 likes this.

1992 Ford Thunderbird SC

Trick Flow Stage 1 cam
FRPP 42# injectors
3.27 gears
M5R2
OMGHI2U

post #29 of 80 (permalink) Old 01-06-2019, 08:11 PM Thread Starter

Garage
OK, so, I may as well just add this to this thread.

I have a bit of a problem. I don't have any place to pass the large round wiring harness through the firewall. This is the big two part junction that bolts together through the firewall. I've attached some pictures of the areas next to the firewall so you can see my problem.

I'm open to thoughts.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20190106_204655.jpg (2.20 MB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20190106_204644.jpg (2.84 MB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20190106_204636.jpg (1.71 MB, 1 views)

1992 Ford Thunderbird SC

Trick Flow Stage 1 cam
FRPP 42# injectors
3.27 gears
M5R2
OMGHI2U

post #30 of 80 (permalink) Old 01-07-2019, 12:27 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
Open up one of those holes you plugged up earlier?

'97 Bird, "Pearl": L/R 2.5in Magnaflow Hi-Flow CATs | PI Intake & PI Cams | Suspension Rebuild

'13 Taurus, "The Bull": 3.5L Goodness

'00 2dr v6 Accord, "Dirty Girl": Magnaflow Hi-Flow CAT | Greddy SP2 CAT-Back | Eibach ProKit springs | Eibach F/R Sway Bars | KYB-GR2 struts

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in