Radio no sound? - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-23-2019, 08:09 PM Thread Starter
5th Gear Poster

Radio no sound?

I went out to start up the 'bird after a couple months and the battery was almost dead and I had to charge it. The battery seems charged and test drove it around town but I can't get any noise from the stereo/radio. I thought i might hear some hiss at hi volume but there is nothing even though all buttons seem to work on the radio.

Does that point to anything?

All that ever happened with the stereo was I had a Kenwood cassette/radio with remote CD changer put in a long time ago.

1992 Tbird LX 5.0, 3.73 gears, 1995 Cobra intake, deleted air silencer, 2.5" mandrel bent dual exhaust, SCP shorty headers. Updated four-hole fuel injectors. SK shift kit in AOD. Vogtland 0.9" springs, Tokico and Bilstein shocks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 11:08 AM
Kind of slapped together

I've had that happen a few times on the head unit in my Dodge Dakota.

What works for me is to turn ignition off, pull out the keep-alive fuse, count to 10, and plug it back in.

For some reason, once in a blue moon, these things get "confuzickated" and forget to turn the amp on ...

RwP

Fuelly
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 01:51 PM Thread Starter
5th Gear Poster

I'm trying to remember I think there is a reset button in the trunk for the head unit or something. It's raining today so I can do more reading.

I'll have to look up the "Keep Alive" fuse and where it is. Basically, I need to start the electrical troubleshooting after some more searching here on the forum. That usually starts with the fuses

1992 Tbird LX 5.0, 3.73 gears, 1995 Cobra intake, deleted air silencer, 2.5" mandrel bent dual exhaust, SCP shorty headers. Updated four-hole fuel injectors. SK shift kit in AOD. Vogtland 0.9" springs, Tokico and Bilstein shocks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 03:36 PM Thread Starter
5th Gear Poster

Got it working by pulling and reinstalling the radio fuse in the fuse box under the dash and the same to the 5 amp memory fuse in the large power box next to the battery. It may have been the memory needed a jolt because the radio was powering up before. Both were good and reused.

It could also have just needed to have the battery disconnected to reset whatever the memory fuse protects

Now what to do in wet weather? Taxes!!!

Thanks all

Last edited by gordonm1; 03-24-2019 at 03:43 PM. Reason: reasons
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 05:43 AM
MA Chapter Director

Administrator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonm1 View Post
Now what to do in wet weather?

Joe

It's not a 97 Sport, it just looks like one!

Mass. TCCoAers, Send me your info!

I buy all my Ford parts from 93 lx.

Member of the TCCoA Damage Control Team.

R.I.P. Johnny Langton 1975 - 2011

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in