Two part post! NEED HELP FAST! - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-08-2003, 04:24 PM Thread Starter

Two part post! NEED HELP FAST!

hey guys, i have a 1995 thunderbird with blown airbags, and the horn does NOT work, do any of you know where i can splice into the horn wires to add a button? this is just temporary, but i need to do it fast. also, where can i find the clips that go on the adjustment screws on the headlights?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-08-2003, 11:36 PM
PostWhore

Andrew, I got my clips from OEC Corporation.

Here is their website ... I really think they used to have an online catalog, but I can't find it anymore.

http://www.oec-corp.com/product.htm

I have a phone number for them too, but I don't know if it still applies: 330-725-0001.

I think they deal primarily with body shops. They are super-cheap, and they took my order, even though it was just for one car. DO NOT GO TO A FORD DEALERSHIP. They wanted like $80 for a set of clips and adjusting screws. I got everything I need from OEC for under $15, with shipping included.

-------------------

Steve

Owner, 1990 Thunderbird SC, white w/ gray cloth
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-09-2003, 01:07 AM

Advance AutoParts
http://www.advanceautoparts.com

Motormite 42190

42190 MM HEADLAMP HOUSE RTNR

Pricing : Our Price: $4.48
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-09-2003, 03:55 PM
Rob
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to Rob
Just run new wires straight to the horn, into the crack by the fender and into the door jamb...just keep it from sharp edges. I see many cheap asses doing this(usually with electric fan switches) and it would be alot quicker than trying to find the correct wires. That will save you from having to dig around under the dash, unless of course you are running the wires through the firewall. Hope this helps
-Rob

-Rob
RIP '94 Amber Fire Pearl Metallic Thunderbird on Bullitts [email protected]
96 Sport '02 Explorer PI with ported heads, 90MM LMAF, DirtyDog Marauder TC, Lasota tune, Jmod, Magnaflow mid-mount with X, no cats. Urethane drivers motor mount. HIDs!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-09-2003, 07:03 PM Thread Starter

haha! bad relay + bad horn sucks when trying to diagnose the problem so i got that fixed.

as for the headlight adjustment clips, i pick em up at the ford dealership tommorow, they wanted 3.50 apeice for em, i need 6, so thats cheaper than anybody on here showed me, but thanks anyways!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-10-2003, 12:02 AM
PostWhore

Andrew, did you check out the firm in my previous post? They are WAY cheaper than Ford or Advance. I think I paid about $0.50 to $0.80 per clip.

Oh, here we go: I just dug through my papers and found the web address for the OEC catalog.

http://www.shopoec.com

Click on the Catalog Link, then "Body Shop", and go to the Ford headlight parts. You will find what you need as part #11184. They come in a pack of five, so you will need to buy two packs (clever, eh?). They don't have prices listed, but I paid $4.39 for a pack of five, and will probably pay about the same. So that's $8.78 for two packs, plus a little shipping. Beats Ford prices, but if you need them tomorrow, then so be it.

-------------------

Steve

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-10-2003, 05:33 PM Thread Starter

yea, i needed them quick, i thought u meant 4.85 each, oh well, they are already bought
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-11-2003, 12:10 AM
PostWhore

Sorry I couldn't get you the info sooner. If you need any headlight adjusting screws or any body fasteners, odds and ends, I recommend OEC highly. I'll definitely look them up again if I ever need that stuff.

-------------------

Steve

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in