Many Question - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-23-2003, 02:27 AM Thread Starter

Many Question

First. I plan to have my car repainted after Winter. Silver with blue metal Flake. How exspensive is it on basics to weld in new rocker panels if i already have them.

Question two. What is a J-mod. Would it help make my car shift better even at 116,000 miles. 4r70w

?3. I know the super coupes had the firm ride option. Is it possible to put this option in a 94 lx 4.6 and if so how expsensive would this run ewith used parts.

?4. Are there many perfomance parts out there for the 4.6 that can be put into a tbird that has stock everything at the moment without going to extremes on piricng

?5. Do those horsepower chips effect your engine or transmission or over computer

?6. Is there a huge advantage or change in switching to a k&n cone filter.

?7. How difficult is it to install the 3.73 gears in are cars. I am parially mechanically incline. Could i do it. Just switching pumpkins is what i mean. Not shimming gears

?8. By cutting a hole of some shape or size in our hood for looks imporve the air flow

?9 What is our specific bolt pattern of our lugs. What does offset and 108mm mean

?10 Would side exit ehuast be an option for our cars or would it look dumb.

Well i m sure your all gonna kill me for all these questions but im only 17 and need all the help i can get. I dont beleive in Making My car look as though it runs on rice so anything ricer wont work on myyyyyy car, Unless it make me go faster.

Mods. None
Ext Mods 94-98 Gt spoiler,
Interior Mods Lighted Floor, Ball shifter Nob, Led Toggle for O/D, Flame gauges,
Trunk Mods Custom Speaker Boxesmade by Me. 2 10 1000watts Subs 2 6x9 pionerrs 250 watts.
Fornt Door pionner 6x9 pioneer 250watts and 2 rear pioneer 220 6x8. And for the moment a Kenwood 2022 headunit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-23-2003, 03:05 AM
Cougar Pilot

2. What is a J-mod? Would it help make my car shift better even at 116,000 miles?

TCCoA dot com > Technical Articles > Transmission > First 3 articles -- YES

3. I know the super coupes had the firm ride option. Is it possible to put this option in a 94 lx 4.6 and if so how expsensive would this run ewith used parts.

Yes, it's possible, but not worth it. It would be a big pain, and it isn't going to make the car handle any better than aftermarket parts.

4. Are there many perfomance parts out there for the 4.6 that can be put into a tbird that has stock everything at the moment without going to extremes on piricng

Yes there are many. I have most of the "basic" mods aside from rearend gears.

5. Do those horsepower chips effect your engine or transmission or over computer

Yes, my "horsepower chip" adds timing, fuel economy, firmer transmission shifts, increased horsepower & torque, better torque converter locking function...

6. Is there a huge advantage or change in switching to a k&n cone filter.

No. While you will never have to buy another paper filter again you will have to clean your MAF somewhat often. I have a K&N and I am satisfied with it.

7. How difficult is it to install the 3.73 gears in are cars. I am parially mechanically incline. Could i do it. Just switching pumpkins is what i mean. Not shimming gears

It's a driveway swap. Remove the driveshaft, remove halfshafts, unbolt it, drop on toe, reverse the process.

8. By cutting a hole of some shape or size in our hood for looks imporve the air flow

Umm no

9 What is our specific bolt pattern of our lugs. What does offset and 108mm mean

5 x 4.25"; the distance between the center of 2 lug holes

10 Would side exit ehuast be an option for our cars or would it look dumb.

Yes it's an option, though seldom done. I think it would look cool.

TCCoA, there's no better way.
BlackCat94 - The Revolution.
1994 XR7 - Intake Tube, LMAF, March Underdrive Pulleys, J-Modded '00 Mustang Trans, Marauder T/C,
TruBendz 2.5" SS True Duals, Apten Flip Chip, FRPP 4.10s & Trac Lock, etc.

[email protected] with 3.27 gears
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-23-2003, 03:05 AM

2. The J-mod is a few modifications that you can make the is best explained here. (the first one)

3. That would involve a bunch of wiring and new shocks. And I don't know how what’s involved in installing an ARC (Adjustable Ride Control) computer into a car that didn’t come with one.

5. Not sure what you meant exactly. If your gonna get a chip, make sure it's from someone who knows what they are doing. A good chip will affect both the engine and transmission. Couple of examples are Dennis, Apten, and the man, if you can find where he's tuning.

8. No.

9. 5x4.25 I believe, but I keep getting that screwed up.

That's all the answers I got, I'm sure someone will fill in the blanks or correct me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-23-2003, 03:07 AM
Cougar Pilot

Beat ya! ha!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-23-2003, 03:08 AM

Not by much. Looks like we at the UMWTC not only burn the 3AM oil, but are here at that time too. Frightening.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-23-2003, 03:10 AM
Sweet T

Send a message via AIM to SanDiegoLXBird
5x108mm w/ 39mm offset is commonly quoted as our bolt pattern. Some wheel manufacturers like measurements using the metric system.

1994 SC 5-Speed
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2253560
1996 4.6L R.I.P December 02, 2004
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/560841
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-23-2003, 06:15 PM

Side exit exhaust looks killer, but its known in the truck world to eat the finish off of your rims over time. Thats if you make it exit before the back wheel.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in