Might be buying a 5.0 - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-10-2004, 02:03 PM Thread Starter

Might be buying a 5.0

I went to see a guy about a 92 5.0 for sale today. He wanted 1200 for it so I decided to go take a look at it. I got there and it looked alright. The front two coner lights were broken out due to vandels. The drivers side door needed to be re-pinned. The engine started right up. I saw no leaks and no smoke coming out. Besides a little tune up, it looked pretty good. I went to test drive it and I backed out, put it in drive and it died. I put it park and tried to restart it but it wouldnt start back up. Me and the guy tried to resart it but with no luck. What happened? I think it was trying to crank but maybe it wasnt getting enough fuel. I talked to guy about how I also was looking for engine to pull and rebuild for my LX. I might do that if hes willing to come down on the price. Really its his sons so I gave him my phone number and am waiting for a call back. Hopefully he'll sell it for cheap. Fingers crossed!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-10-2004, 07:30 PM Thread Starter

The guy called and told me that the car was out of gas. He said that the fuse for the cluster was out and thats why the guage said that it was still half full. Im going back over there to test drive it. I guess I never really looked at the cluster to see if it was working.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in