Car won't start!!! - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-11-2004, 05:18 PM Thread Starter

Angry Car won't start!!!

Ahh, it ran fine before all this cold weather came in, battery is fully charged and gauge inside my car says its charged. radio works, lights work, alarm, pd locks etc. when i turn the key i hear the fuel pump go on and the motor just goes CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK if i hold the key. It won't turn over, so what the hell do i do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-11-2004, 05:20 PM

You might have a bad starter
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-11-2004, 05:28 PM Thread Starter

you think it froze? is there anything i could do. i have til thursday to get her to start up

edit: and by the way, this isnt on my bird, its on my camaro
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-11-2004, 05:45 PM
motor city poster

Send a message via AIM to Red96Bird
my car did that............untill i cleaned the battery terminals..fired right up!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-11-2004, 07:25 PM
Chapter Director Coordinator

yep.. take them off the posts.. wire brush the bejesus out of the terminals and posts and tighten them back up.. then try it...

happens every now and then on the nova.. vibrates a lot and the terminals loosen...
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-11-2004, 09:18 PM Thread Starter

ah she runs again! I'm not so sure the battery being dead had complete responsibility. when i bought the car it was wired weird with this alarm and i never understood it all so i disconnected what i thought was all of it. but a few things remained like it would flash all the lights when it was set off etc. the speaker even sounded teh other day and i had to cut the wire for that to turn it off. But tonight, i jumped it with my civic and it wouldn't even turn the lights on, they just kept flashing and flashing, it wouldn't make any noise etc. i took the cables off and same thing. so when i finally got the alarm to turn off, i turned the key and BLAMO first try it started up like a champ.

either way i don't care why it did it, maybe it just had a fit cuz she's heading for the west coast this week good thing i got it running, her final day here is thursday, the shippers are coming to get it and bring her to her new home
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-28-2004, 06:03 AM

too cold here...... car did the same thing this morning.. looks like no work for me but also a smaller paycheck

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in