TCCoA Forums banner

Coolant opinions

394 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Cougar281 
#1 ·
I will be doing my '02 Explorer swap soon, and was going to put Dex-Cool in it because I've heard it's better for aluminum than the green stuff. Then I have been hearing comments that it's not so good, then I heard about G-05. From the article I read that a link to was posted in a thread here, the G-05 seems to be pretty good stuff.. can be mixed with the green or Dex-cool, and supposedly prevents corrosion. Since I am going to have a near 100% Aluminum Engine/cooling/heating system (about the only thing that won't be are the hoses and heater core), I want all the corrosion resistance I can get... So, has anyone heard any reviews or anything on G-05? I really don't want to use the green stuff because that stuff isn't that great... there is all kinds of sediment in the overflow tank, and who knows what's in the bottom of the radiator, and the Explorer block with less than 1000 miles had icky coolant crystals in places around seams on the heads and block...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.