DONT HIT ME!another exh question - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-11-2004, 11:08 PM Thread Starter

DONT HIT ME!another exh question

on my car, i have the two front cats stock, then a custom y-pipe with a 3" outlet, flanged two a 3" dynomax bullet muffler welded to 3" main pipe, then split off again after the pumpkin into 2.25 pipes into 18x3.5" tips. I got two questions, the flange that connects my y-pipe to my muffler doesn't have a 3'' opening, it's like 2.5 or something, i havent measured. How bad do you think that is messing up the sound or flow? like having a kink in a straw, i think. I dont think i'm getting the right sound from it. And the 2nd question, if i changed my tips to 3", what kind of sound change would that make? I couldn't find anything on flange openings or what kind of sound 3.5 vs 3" tips make, so please dont hit me for another exhaust question!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-12-2004, 09:41 AM
PCD
Confirmed V6 Nut

I'm no exhaust guy, but you are pinched at the front cats. If I were you, I'd consider replacing the front cats with 2 1/2 high flow cats. 3"inch would be overkill unless you have PnP intakes and heads, giggle gas, and or a blower.

Hey, come down to some of our Iowa meetings and events. I'm in Dubuque, which ain't that much farther for things.

The Parts Bin Special is DEAD! It is being parted out.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in