Strange engine coolant leak? - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-14-2004, 01:14 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to melecat96
Strange engine coolant leak?

Well ive had this leak for quite a while... i have no idea why my coolant neva seems to go down much. The most ive ever seen the level of coolant go down on my car even after several months is about an inch and a half from the bottom of the visible tank where u fill it. Ive been told that as long as u have coolant at a reasonable height in that tank that ure system has enuff to keep the engine fine.

I noticed the leak after i got my coolant flushed out and refilled. ITs a small leak on a plastic tube near the radiator that connects to metal pipes. ITs at the top of the engine practically right next to my headlight bracket assembly on the passenger side.

Its never given me problems... and i only notice it leakin only after ive refilled the engine to the mark on the tank and driven it around a bit. but after that small puddle shows up under that spot, it neva leaks any more after that! Wat do i do? do i patch it up and how? help

93 Mark VIII (Cobra Mustang drivetrain)
03 Focus ZX3
96 Cougar Xr7 (sold)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-15-2004, 12:06 AM

if this only happens in the cold, it may be the area where the plastic and aluminum meet on the radiator. There are at least 2 threads on that topic in the past week, do a search for coolant and you should find them.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-15-2004, 10:50 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to melecat96
ya i read those threads b4 i wrote this... its happened since the late summer and through... since i kno where the leak is ... how do u suggest i go about patching it up?... i kno its at the spot where only plastic is present. I might have a replacement of this part from an 95 cougar im not sure if it will work so

93 Mark VIII (Cobra Mustang drivetrain)
03 Focus ZX3
96 Cougar Xr7 (sold)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in