Puked up 2 Codes - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-15-2004, 10:21 PM Thread Starter
Astrophysicist / PostWhore

Angry Puked up 2 Codes

Hello ladies and gents,
My car puked up 2 codes today. It's been sitting for at least 2 months now since my tranny died ... but it still managed to throw 2 codes when I turned it on to make sure it's still alive.

The codes are as follows:

Quote:
P0125 ³ Insufficient coolant temperature to enter closed loop fuel control

P1469 ³ Low air conditioning cycling period
These are off of my Ford Manual CD-Rom. I had a friend borrow a code scanner from his work (Checker Auto Parts) and we pulled them about 5 minutes ago.

Anyone have any ideas at what's going on, or what these codes mean? As I said, the car has been sitting for a while, so this came as a complete surprise.

Any and all help greatly appreciated!

Mike | RSW | THP | MF | SRTConnection |

1996 Ford Thunderbird LX V8 + 1992 Ford Mustang hatchback + 1989 Ford Mustang notchback = no where else to park at my house!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-17-2004, 08:22 PM Thread Starter

Bueller ... Bueller ... anyone? Bueller?

Any ideas? I'm probably going to reset the computer and see if the codes are thrown again. Unless anyone has any better ideas ...

1996 Ford Thunderbird LX V8 + 1992 Ford Mustang hatchback + 1989 Ford Mustang notchback = no where else to park at my house!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-17-2004, 08:27 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Maybe the ECT is messed up after sitting for a while... just a shot in the dark. also check the A/C to see if your r134a leaked out.

96 Mustang GT 5spd. w/ 248A Option (GTS). Stock for now until I get the Roush on.

97 Thunderbird 4.6L LX /w Sport Package
24k B&M Cooler, 1" lowered, Steeda UD Pulleys, Dynomax cat-back, J-mod, 3.73's, PI intake, PI cams, 03 GT MAF/Tube, SCT tuned - Gone but not forgotten.
MAMN12 Drag Racing Team [email protected] In need of updated times.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-23-2004, 07:36 PM Thread Starter

I decided to dig around on my CD and found out some good info. I figure I would post what these codes mean and possible solutions, for future reference with the ole search button.

Quote:

DA100 DTC P0125 INDICATES EXCESSIVE TIME TO ENTER CLOSED LOOP FUEL CONTROL

Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) P0125 indicates the ECT sensor has not achieved the required temperature level to enter closed loop operating conditions within a specified amount of time after starting engine. This DTC will light the MIL.

Possible causes:

-- Insufficient warm up time.

-- Leaky or stuck open thermostat.

-- Low coolant.

l Check coolant level.

l Is the coolant level fill correct?

Yes
GO to Thermostat Diagnostics located in the Cooling System Group in the Service Manual for further diagnostics.

No
FILL to proper level. COMPLETE PCM reset to clear DTCs (REFER to Section 2A, «Powertrain Control Module (PCM) Reset»). COMPLETE Comprehensive Component Monitor Drive Cycle (REFER to Section 2A, «Drive Cycles»). RERUN «Quick Test».
Quote:

X115 DTC P1469: CHECK FOR CAUSES OF FAST A/C COMPRESSOR CLUTCH CYCLING

Continuous Memory Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) P1469 indicates frequent A/C compressor clutch cycling.

To set DTC P1469, the ACCS input to the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) (Pin 41) must be changing states in less than 8.5 second intervals for a calibratable amount of time.

Possible causes:

-- Mechanical A/C system concern (ex. low refrigerant charge, damaged A/C cycling switch, etc.)

-- Intermittent open between the Electronic Automatic Temperature Control (EATC) module and the Pin 41 input (ACCS) to the PCM.

l Refer to the Climate Control System Group of the Service Manual to test A/C compressor clutch cycle times, and to check causes of fast clutch cycling.

l Is a fault indicated?

Yes
SERVICE as required according to Service Manual direction. PERFORM PCM Reset to clear DTC(s) (REFER to Section 2A, «Powertrain Control Module (PCM) Reset»). START engine and turn A/C on for about 2 minutes. Engine off, A/C off. RERUN «Quick Test».

No
GO to «X116» (to CHECK for intermittent electrical concern).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in