Intercooler difficulty? - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-05-2004, 07:56 PM Thread Starter

Intercooler difficulty?

How difficult would it be to install an intercooler on a 3.8 N/A?(AIR-TO-AIR) intercooler on a N/A 3.8?

Last edited by crisqob; 02-07-2004 at 05:18 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-05-2004, 08:39 PM
TCCoA Founder
Administrator

I'll answer your question if you answer mine first.

Please tell me what an intercooler is? Also, please tell me what benefit you expect to receive once said intercooler is mounted on your car.

God Bless and Fly Low!

Sir William
TCCoA Founder

97 Thunderbird LX - Smoothed

99 Expedition Eddie Bauer

04 Grand Cherokee Overland
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-05-2004, 09:05 PM
Cougar Pilot

This is nothing new to me. I've heard plenty about rice boys wanting intercoolers for their N/A Neons and Civics and such. I guess they don't really understand the purpose.

Did you want an air-to-air or air-to-water I/C?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-06-2004, 11:41 PM Thread Starter

I ain't no F*****G Rice-Boy, B***H! I take offense to that. i never even said anything about wanting an intercooler, i just ask how difficult it is install them. Jesus Christ! Give me a F*****G break!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-07-2004, 10:12 AM

Then you might want to ask a more complete question. Both SW and BC94 ask legit questions in response to yours. There is no way to answer yours. Not enough information.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-07-2004, 05:21 PM Thread Starter

Ok! i fixed the question. Now can i please get a straight forward answer w/o lecture. you know perhaps this may not be an intercooler for my T-Bird. It might just be something for someone else's ride w/ a 3.8 that i'm tryin to help out. SO don't bother trying to make me out like the dumb-***!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-07-2004, 05:24 PM
PNG

Quote:
Originally posted by crisqob
Ok! i fixed the question. Now can i please get a straight forward answer w/o lecture. you know perhaps this may not be an intercooler for my T-Bird. It might just be something for someone else's ride w/ a 3.8 that i'm tryin to help out. SO don't bother trying to make me out like the dumb-***!
I suggest installing it in the trunk, with bungee cords, if it's for a N/A car. It will be just as effective there, and you won't get dirty in the process.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-07-2004, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by crisqob
There really isn't anything to be gained at all buy useing an IC on a NA setup. It would probably actually do harm buy restricting the airflow.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-07-2004, 06:25 PM
TCCoA Founder
Administrator

You're getting ripped on because one of the following things is obviously true:

A) You're completely ignorant as to what an intercooler is, why it's used and how it works.

B) You are a forum troll who just likes to stir trouble.

C) Your friend bugged the crap out of you to ask so you finally did just to show him that HE's a brain-dead moron.

Now, if you haven't figured this out yet. An intercooler is WORTHLESS on a N/A car. Ohhh...perhaps you don't know what N/A means....thats Naturally Aspirated - NO forced induction of any kind. An intercooler is used to cool the air charge coming from either a supercharger or turbocharger.

Now, since I've already overlooked your childish foul language once, will you please either graciously accept the info provided or prove me wrong.

God Bless and Fly Low!

Sir William
TCCoA Founder

97 Thunderbird LX - Smoothed

99 Expedition Eddie Bauer

04 Grand Cherokee Overland
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-07-2004, 07:05 PM
Iowa Chapter Director
Uber Luber
TCCoAAC Member

it all depends on what type of intercooler you have too. there are 1,000,000 different ways to build, setup, route an IC. So maybe a brand or type or perhaps drawing of a certain IC you are interested in would help.
-Thomas

1988 Notch Mustang: - 438W, direct port n2o, t56
2003 SVT Focus: - SCT X3 tuner

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in