Major Exhaust Problem.. Help!! :( - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-05-2002, 02:33 PM Thread Starter

Major Exhaust Problem.. Help!! :(

Ok, i've been through hell and back with my bird over a problem with the EGR.. Ok, My engine light came on and read 1407 on the OBD11 Tester.. and that's "Exhaust Gas Recirculation Sensor B circuit low".. so I replace my EGR sensor and nothing.. My car seems to idle low, and shift from 2nd to 3rd very slow.. it has lost alot of power.. and it really is pissin me off.. Any suggestions on this problem are more than welcome. thanks guys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-05-2002, 08:00 PM

Re: Major Exhaust Problem.. Help!! :(

Quote:
Originally posted by birdricer
Ok, i've been through hell and back with my bird over a problem with the EGR.. Ok, My engine light came on and read 1407 on the OBD11 Tester.. and that's "Exhaust Gas Recirculation Sensor B circuit low".. so I replace my EGR sensor and nothing.. My car seems to idle low, and shift from 2nd to 3rd very slow.. it has lost alot of power.. and it really is pissin me off.. Any suggestions on this problem are more than welcome. thanks guys.

Did you do any exhaust work that could affect the operation of the EGR system?

Make sure you check all the vacuum lines and connectors.

Another thing if it says "EGR sensor Bcircuit low" doesn't mean your EGR sensor is bad, there are numerous things that could go wrong, to really figure this out you have to test that circuit for proper voltages. (example: if the connector is rusted, this would create extra resistance, which would lower the signal return voltage to the computer possibly sending this trouble code). Of course, it could be the sensor but not neccessarily.

Hope this helps.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-09-2002, 09:28 PM
3rd Gear Poster

Question DTC 1407

Need more info. Year, Engine, other codes, Etc. I have access to codes and test routines for the 97 model year which indicates a 1407 code is for the 97 Probe. Following is info on the 1407 code.

HH70 CONTINUOUS MEMORY DTCS P0400, P1487 AND P1407: OUTPUT ALL DTCS

Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) P0400 indicates an EGR valve/flow failure. Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) P1407 indicates the EGR valve did not move. Diagnostic Trouble Code P1487 indicates a lack of power to the EGR check solenoid.

Possible causes:

-- Damaged EGR Vacuum regulator solenoid.

-- Damaged EGR Vacuum regulator solenoid harness circuits.

-- Damaged EGR Atmospheric solenoid.

-- Damaged EGR Atmospheric solenoid harness circuits.

-- Damaged EGR valve.

-- Damaged EGR Valve Position sensor.

-- Damaged EGR Valve Position sensor harness circuits.

-- Damaged EGR Check solenoid.

-- Damaged EGR Check solenoid harness circuits.

-- Restriction in exhaust system.

-- Damaged PCM.

l Output all Continuous Memory, KOEO and KOER self-test DTCs.

NOTE:
If any other DTCs are output, record them and address them after completing this Pinpoint Test.

l Is P0106, P0107, P0108, P1400, P1401 or P1408 output?

Yes
Self-test indicates that the EGR system has been damaged. GO to «Section 4A», Powertrain Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) Charts, to address the DTCs.

No
GO to «HH71».

L. Thomas
97 Tbird Sport
99 J-Mod Tranny
PBR calipers
270K miles and still flying, just not daily!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in