Richard M. tube install... - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-05-2002, 05:21 PM Thread Starter
6th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to CyLum
Question Richard M. tube install...

Went over today and met NickFL in Lakeland and bought his Richard M. intake tube. His new midnight blue Camaro looks pretty nice.. for a Chevy
Nick, it was great meeting you, and thanks! Man, that has to be the biggest dealership lot I've ever seen in my life!

Anyway...
Has anyone worked out a way to do the Richard M. tube without cutting the hood brace? I guess the new ones are an oval shape and clear without problems, but I've got the round style.

Is there any heavy duty rubber tubing that would allow me to go between the throttle body and the RMT... which would let the tube bend down and out of the way of the hood? If I did it this way, would this setup end up being a bad idea for the flow of the tube?

Just trying to avoid cutting the hood if I can.

CyLum - Pearl Thunderbird LX. . . . . MN12 T-Bird T-SHIRTS - click here
  • Bought her brand new in '95
  • BFG Comp TA 245/50 and 17" ATP Wheels - - - - 4.19.00
  • Removed silencer-extended tube to bumper - - - - 8.18.02
  • BBK 70mm TB - - - - '02 GT 80mm MAF - - - - FRPP 9mm Wires - - - - JBA Headers - - - - ART Exhaust no cats - - - - 10.4.02
  • Bilstiens - - - - Eibachs - - - - Dennis Chip - - - - 10.4.02 Retuned 1.29.03
  • Richard M. Tube - - - - 10.14.02
  • 180 Degree t-stat - - - - Evans water pump - - - - 11.6.02
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-06-2002, 01:39 PM

I dont think...

...that you are going to be able to get that on there without cutting your hood. The part of the hood that needs to be cut is so far away from the TB that even if you could get something to change the angle of the tubing from the RMT to the TB, you would still hit. I believe that the tube sits down as far as it can sit at the point of contact. I just got some metal snips and started cutting away.

Glad you made it okay. Thanks for the compliment on my ::cough:: ::cough:: Chevy. We do have pretty big lot dont we.

BTW, very nice looking Tbird. It looks very nice, and I am sure that you are enjoying driving it. I noticed you were very quick to volunteer to drive over here to pick up the tube!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-06-2002, 08:58 PM Thread Starter
6th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to CyLum
I just thought...

I'd see if anyone figured out a way around the cutting before I did it. Oh well.
I probably won't be able to work on it until Tuesday unfortunately, but I'm anxious to get it installed. I'm actually going to use a Dremel tool, take my time and cut away as little as I can get away with.

I got a good feel for what the new mods added to my car on the trip back from your dealership. 2 trucks flew by me on SR60, they were racing. One was a big Chevy pickup and the other was a small brand new white lowered GFXed and chromed Dodge. The Chevy was leading but the little Dodge was right on his tail. I was doing 70, just cruising, when I decided to just see if I could close the gap. I stomped on it and got pushed to the back of the seat, then another shift and the car just roared. I could not believe how quickly I closed the gap, caught and passed the little Dodge. I could feel him staring at me out of the corner of my eye... that was good enough for me and I backed off and let the big truck go. The man in the little Dodge was an older guy and backed off as soon as I caught him and just stayed back... no flyby.

Thanks for the compliments. I don't have much done to the car cosmetically, other than the ATP wheels and pretty good maintanence of the pearl paint. But what I'm really pleased with is the new low stance from the new suspension parts.

Yeah...
Right now, any excuse is a good one to drive somewhere.

CyLum - Pearl Thunderbird LX. . . . . MN12 T-Bird T-SHIRTS - click here
  • Bought her brand new in '95
  • BFG Comp TA 245/50 and 17" ATP Wheels - - - - 4.19.00
  • Removed silencer-extended tube to bumper - - - - 8.18.02
  • BBK 70mm TB - - - - '02 GT 80mm MAF - - - - FRPP 9mm Wires - - - - JBA Headers - - - - ART Exhaust no cats - - - - 10.4.02
  • Bilstiens - - - - Eibachs - - - - Dennis Chip - - - - 10.4.02 Retuned 1.29.03
  • Richard M. Tube - - - - 10.14.02
  • 180 Degree t-stat - - - - Evans water pump - - - - 11.6.02

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in