Problems With My 90 XR7. Need Help!! Revs to 3500 then dies. - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-15-2002, 09:59 AM Thread Starter

Problems With My 90 XR7. Need Help!! Revs to 3500 then dies.

I own a 90 Cougar XR7 3.8 SC and i just changed the water pump. the water pump change went well but now that i go to start the car the cars RPM's Shoot to 3500 then the car just dies. Whats the deal? Things i did when changing the water pump:
1. Pulled off the power steering pully
2. took off the inter cooler
3. change water pump

THATS IT!

The car was running fine before that. I was told that it might be the Idle Control Valve so i changed it. But its still doing the same thing?

I got to get to work some how so any light shed on this problem is greatly apreciated.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-15-2002, 10:08 AM
3rd Gear Poster

Yes,it could be the IAC but you said that you removed the IC...did you reseal the IC tubes tight so that there are no air leaks around the connections.I had the same problem when I removed/replaced the upper IC tube,had an air leak at the connection...resealed,idle returned to normal.
Good Luck,
z

90s/c,MPII blower & plenum,CMRE Stg 1 heads/cam,3/4 raised top,85mm MP TB,42# injectors,85mm ProM MAFS,MP CAI,Kooks mids w/3" mid pipe & Magnaflows, AOD w/trans-go,trans-cooler,373's, SCT Chip tuned by Ed Clark,10% SC pulley,5% JS pulley,ASP u/d pullies,MP FMIC,AADCO 1 3/8" swaybars,clear corners,Eibach prokit.....BLOWN UP......ANYONE NEED PARTS........now have 2 MRK VIII's
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-15-2002, 08:01 PM Thread Starter

Smile Thanks I got it!

That was the problem.

Thanks for your help!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-16-2002, 12:16 AM
3rd Gear Poster

Happy to have been of help....glad that's all it was.
z

90s/c,MPII blower & plenum,CMRE Stg 1 heads/cam,3/4 raised top,85mm MP TB,42# injectors,85mm ProM MAFS,MP CAI,Kooks mids w/3" mid pipe & Magnaflows, AOD w/trans-go,trans-cooler,373's, SCT Chip tuned by Ed Clark,10% SC pulley,5% JS pulley,ASP u/d pullies,MP FMIC,AADCO 1 3/8" swaybars,clear corners,Eibach prokit.....BLOWN UP......ANYONE NEED PARTS........now have 2 MRK VIII's

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in