Need help!!BAD!!!!! - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-18-2002, 06:56 PM Thread Starter

Need help!!BAD!!!!!

OK..I have a big question...I have a chance right now to get a '93 SC without a rear-end...Should I get this and build the motor up and drop it in my '93lx, find a 4.2l and put that in instead, or get the 351W and build that up to put in??!!?! I know about the mods needed to get them to fit...Does anyone have specs of the hp/tq of these three? I wanna get my slow 3.8 going faster by spring..I have the means, not the brains about their specs...Anyone and everyone help...I'm very confused right now Thanx for any help

Wes

EDIT: Also does anyone know any 1/4 times, like top times for the engine? and which one of them would have more potential to get modded to go even faster?

Last edited by Idahoan T-Bird; 10-18-2002 at 08:34 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-23-2002, 02:10 PM

a little incite

The 351s stock hp/tq is going to matter on the year. My 351 came with about 270 hp and 350 lbtq which mine is the police motor though and it run 13.9 in the quarter with an aod n 3.08 with trac-lok in the rear which my only modification to the engine was long tube headers and thats it. But i dont know about the 4.2 i havent seen much aftermarket support for the motor but the 3.8 has a little minimal support but if your wanting to get the most power go with the 351 it will be cheaper and out run any stock tbird motor and it has an abundance of aftermarket support mine i plan on running about 13 flat or somewhere in that area i got 3.73s and did alot to the motor. But dont let anyone fool you the 351 will sit under the hood. Cuz i did it.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-23-2002, 02:31 PM
PostWhore

Why not just fix the rear end in the SC? That would seem to be the shortest, cheapest way. That motor is already built up pretty good, forged crank and rods and a roots blower and you're pdq already. Maybe p&p the heads.....

Adding all that to a 351W gets you a Lightning engine and that's going to cost big bucks?? Haven't bought one...

The jury is still out on the 4.2L with a blower but it's generally considered to not be able to handle a roots style because here's only a cast crank available. Supposed to be a kit for it out "soon".... for an F150 I believe, the guy that posted it drives a truck I know that. They're also kinda scarce at what I would call a reasonable price, expect to pay $1000+ for a complete one that runs.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in