K&N Panel, a tight fit??? - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-19-2002, 04:28 AM Thread Starter

Question K&N Panel, a tight fit???

I just got a K&N panel filter, and it seems like its a REALLY tight fit compared to the stock filter... I remember reading about a guid on somethin to do with modifying the airbox for that.... does anyone have the link?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-19-2002, 04:42 AM

Re: K&N Panel, a tight fit???

[QUOTE]Originally posted by WaLieN
I just got a K&N panel filter, and it seems like its a REALLY tight fit compared to the stock filter... I remember reading about a guid on somethin to do with modifying the airbox for that.... does anyone have the link? [/QUOTE

Here

Southern Pride
Jim Long
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-19-2002, 05:05 AM Thread Starter

Thanks... I guess I was on the right path... I just didn't know if there were any extra things I might have to do. I can't wait for my Holley Power Shot Cleaning Kit to come in, so I can use some MAF friendly oil.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-19-2002, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by WaLieN
Thanks... I guess I was on the right path... I just didn't know if there were any extra things I might have to do. I can't wait for my Holley Power Shot Cleaning Kit to come in, so I can use some MAF friendly oil.
There is no thing as MAF friendly oil no matter what any advertising says.

Oil + MAF = Problems

Ask anybody here..

Jim Long
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-21-2002, 01:07 PM

Umm Yeah only not so much...
I've still not had ANY problems with an oiled filter. I had one on my '89 T-Bird, I've got one on my '92 Cat and I have more than 20k on the both of them and niether of the had problems. I really don't understand why people rag on them. It's just
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-21-2002, 01:33 PM

On the oiling topic, DO NOT over oil. The first time I did it, I had to let it (cone) sit and drain with a cloth wrapped around it for a day. You might think that you are not putting enough oil on, but it's easier to put less on first, and add a bit here and there later.

I have had no problems with a dirty MAF sensor from the filter oil. The MAF is bone dry.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-21-2002, 01:37 PM

WaLieN:

Those rims look nice chromed. Where did you get that done? Especially the cap, it's plastic, isn't it?

I haven't had any problem with my MAF because of the K&N filter oil. Anyway, maybe I'll check it out and clean it becuase I'm not getting good mileage (350 km on a full tank).
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-21-2002, 01:53 PM

Send a message via AIM to JustinH
on the oiling topic.

I saw in summit catalog, that accel is making high flow filters called "kool blue" or something like that. Do you know if these filters use an oil or no?

Justin
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-21-2002, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JustinH
on the oiling topic.

I saw in summit catalog, that accel is making high flow filters called "kool blue" or something like that. Do you know if these filters use an oil or no?

Justin
Check this thread. It uses oil.

http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.p...2284&highlight

Brad
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-21-2002, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Thundercat
Umm Yeah only not so much...
I've still not had ANY problems with an oiled filter. I had one on my '89 T-Bird, I've got one on my '92 Cat and I have more than 20k on the both of them and niether of the had problems. I really don't understand why people rag on them. It's just

I'm not raggin on them. Stating facts was all I was doing. I have a K&N in my 95 4.6 and My 94 SC. I just clean the MAF on a regular basis. But the true cause is the oil, plain and simple. Maybe you ought to research the issue before throwing the BS flag. More often than not MAF related problems are due to oil from a over oiled filter.

Jim Long
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-21-2002, 10:21 PM Thread Starter

Welll, I agree, it is probably the K&N Oil as many car manufacturers are now suing K&N, Ford is one of em, saying that their product has caused a lot of MAF's to fail (cars under warranty).
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-22-2002, 12:11 AM

... Research... I was replying to the fact you said "Oil Filter + MAF = Problems". I'm telling you that is not nessicarily the case. The research has been on going with two different MN-12's in my garage. Let's have a on it.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-22-2002, 12:40 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by SilverBird
WaLieN:

Those rims look nice chromed. Where did you get that done? Especially the cap, it's plastic, isn't it?

I haven't had any problem with my MAF because of the K&N filter oil. Anyway, maybe I'll check it out and clean it becuase I'm not getting good mileage (350 km on a full tank).
Yeah, your mileage is a little bit off.... try cleaning your maf with some electrical spray and a gentle hand/q-tip. As for my rims, they're stock. They look A LOT better now, because I just polished em. They're stock rims, and the center caps are metal. You can get a pair from the For Sale forum.. some guy is selling them for really cheap.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-22-2002, 06:25 AM

Quote:
... Research... I was replying to the fact you said "Oil Filter + MAF = Problems". I'm telling you that is not nessicarily the case. The research has been on going with two different MN-12's in my garage. Let's have a on it.
Ok, I forgot that you are more knowing than I.... Whatever...

Go put some oil on the MAF wires and see how it runs...

Jim Long
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-22-2002, 06:48 PM

I bow to your almighty knowledge.
Jim Long BIG!
Me very small...
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-22-2002, 06:55 PM

Quote:
I bow to your almighty knowledge.
Jim Long BIG!
Me very small...
What a tool you are Thundercat.. When you are wrong don't act like a child. Just deal with it and move on.

Jim Long
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-24-2002, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Blown94SC

What a tool you are Thundercat.. When you are wrong don't act like a child. Just deal with it and move on.

Jim Long
What? I paid you a compliment. Can't you accept it gracefully? Jim, you are obviously much better informed on this subject than I. I was being silly but still it was a compliment.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in