Question on 85 Tbirdw/AOD and Edelbrock Card, what to do for throttle valve linkage? - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-20-2002, 11:12 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear Poster

Question on 85 Tbirdw/AOD and Edelbrock Card, what to do for throttle valve linkage?

I have recently converted my 85 tbird 5.0 CFI to an Edelbrock #1406 carb (CFI sucks). Anyway, of course the car has Ford's not so great AOD, but that will have to do for now. My question is, the stock 'rod' that is used in the CFI setup will not work on the Edelbrock carb. I have contacted Edelbrock and they are telling me that they do not make a linkage to work with their carbs and the Ford AOD throttle valve assembly. Now I feel that I am in a not-so-good to be in situation. Does anyone know what I can do to resolve this?

Thanks

Phil Stocker
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-23-2002, 01:58 PM

Shift rod?

Your shift rod/cable wont work?
Lokar makes a kit for an aod but has to be cut to match to your application it runs about 42 bucks in summit and jegs.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-23-2002, 06:07 PM
4th Gear Poster

I second the Lokar cable. It looks very clean and works fawlessly. I was using a stock linkage in my 56 f-100 351 C and C4 and then I switched to the lokar kickdown cable it now always downshifts at WOT whereas the stock linkage was very unreliable.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in