Time for a tune up? - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-06-2002, 12:08 AM Thread Starter
Astrophysicist / PostWhore

Exclamation Time for a tune up?

Hello all.

I wanted to ask a quick question about what I should do for my car (see info under my avatar).

She's got 70,500 miles on her (got her w/ 49K). Got copper plugs and 9mm FRPP plug wires within 2 months of buying the car (Dec, 2001). Just changed the oil on Friday.

I dont have a repair manual on me and am trying to figure out how much $$$ i need to allot for my car this next pay check.

What kind of 'tune up' stuff should I get? I figure a new PCV valve and fuel filter....but is there anything else?

is it time to change the fluid in my pumpkin? tranny fluid? (havent done the mystery trans mod yet). Probably need to do a radiator flush (now that winter's here).

what is my car 'due' for at her age? she gets a good amount of freeway miles, but i do have to do some bumper to bumper action every now and then...so i guess 'severe' is the schedule my car needs to be on..

sorry this all seems so random....like i said, i dont have my repair manual on me at the moment and wont have a chance to get it for a while..

thanks for your time.

***edit***

one last thing...i hear copper plugs dont last as long...what's the life of them? would i have to replace them any time soon (~15K miles on them so far?).

***edit***

Mike | RSW | THP | MF | SRTConnection |

1996 Ford Thunderbird LX V8 + 1992 Ford Mustang hatchback + 1989 Ford Mustang notchback = no where else to park at my house!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-06-2002, 12:42 AM
6th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to dugweed Send a message via Yahoo to dugweed
the copper plugs

should last 25-30000 miles, servicing the diff is probably a good idea as well as a tranny service.

Mike

2009 Harley-Davidson Road Glide
1996 F350 CCLB 7.3 5 speed 4x4
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-06-2002, 01:00 AM

Re: the copper plugs

Quote:
Originally posted by dugweed
should last 25-30000 miles, servicing the diff is probably a good idea as well as a tranny service.

Mike
Ford says you need to service the diff. every 100k miles (Add friction modifier if it's trac-lok), but as for the tranny, go get it flushed and have the filter changed out. Ask em for Mercon V... with the fluid... the entire machine flush should cost ~$120.

A fuel filter (~$13) change would be a good idea, along with adding a bottle of injector cleaner.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in