Anyone in Golden, CO? - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-20-2007, 11:10 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear Poster

Anyone in Golden, CO?

Hey, are there any MN-12 owners in the Golden/West Denver area?

'77 F-350 460ci- Daily Driver
''94 T-Bird LX 4.6L SOHC
Mostly stock w/ 189,000 mi., but not for long. Soon to be a nitrous breathing 4000 lb. IRS terror.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-21-2007, 10:25 AM
Colorado Chapter Director

I’m located south of the 470 corner. I travel to Golden regularly as my brother is going to Mines and lives off South Golden Road. Once the snow melts we will have to meet up.
---Max
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-22-2007, 07:14 PM
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to TMcColl
Im up in the north counrty.

Fort Collins.

Tony

Tony McColl
1994 LX 4.6L
New motor as of Aug 1st.
No Dyno Numbers yet.
Just two runs at 5800 ft.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2203515
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-22-2007, 10:34 PM
4th Gear Poster

Send a message via MSN to jonlittle
Hmm, I would like to say i am down that why but no. If you ever come up to the mountains lmk..I live way out West- About 25 miles from utah .. So boring.

96 Pearl Sport
98 Mark 8 LSC Seats

Stock....for now
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-23-2007, 04:09 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear Poster

Hey Mickey, I'm really gettin' sick of the snow, but yeah I also live right off of South Golden Rd. too. Sounds like we definitely should meet up sometime.

TMcColl, my sister used to live in Fort Collins, its nice there.

And Jon Little, do you know where Bandimere Speedway is?

If so, I think when Bandimere opens again we should all meet up and go to the Wednesday night races.

What do you guys think?

-Paul

''94 T-Bird LX 4.6L SOHC
Mostly stock w/ 189,000 mi., but not for long. Soon to be a nitrous breathing 4000 lb. IRS terror.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-23-2007, 04:26 PM
PostWhore

A bandimere night would be fun.

Have you ever run there Paul ?

Tony

Tony McColl
1994 LX 4.6L
New motor as of Aug 1st.
No Dyno Numbers yet.

post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-23-2007, 04:49 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear Poster

Nope, this would be my first time, and Im really excited. Have you run there? If so, I have some questions.

-Paul

''94 T-Bird LX 4.6L SOHC
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-23-2007, 05:46 PM
PostWhore

Yes I have run there a couple of times. I think all of us have.

It is a humbling experience.

Feel free to ask any thing you want or contact me.

Tony

Tony McColl
1994 LX 4.6L
New motor as of Aug 1st.
No Dyno Numbers yet.

post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-23-2007, 11:19 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear Poster

yeah, I figure I wont run the E.T. that I want to, but thats probably just the way it goes. I feel better though seeing that you have a '94 w/ 200,000 some miles and no PI parts and you still ran a 15.0,something. I have 182,000 on my '94 and no PI parts, so I should run in the 15's when find my ideal launch and shifting technique.

Anyway, when you get to the pits, where are you suppossed to park?

Where do you go, and who do you have to talk to to race?

Also, when you go through the traps, where do you go? Do you just follow the road around into the pits?

And how do you know when its your turn to race?

Thanks, Paul

''94 T-Bird LX 4.6L SOHC
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-24-2007, 07:10 AM
PostWhore

Hey Paul,

Let me answer the easy questions first.

When you get to the track the first thing you do is pay your money at the gate LOL. You knew that already. Then you can follow the crowd over to near the staging lanes to the tech inspection area. There will be a couple of lines of cars there. They will give your car a cursory inspection and put the number on your window.

Next you drive back up and around to the pit area which is huge. I like to park some what adjacent to the starting line usually a little ways down from it so when you walk over ro watch you are up near the action. You can park just about any where you want. You just stacke out a spot, take the junk out of your car, set up chairs, change tires, plugs, etc.

On Wed night it is first come first serve to run. You just drive back around to the front and get in line. It will be very clear when you see it in person. After you go through the traps you will see where the cars turn off to return to the pits. It is a left turn off the track. You follow the road back, stop at the shack to get your time slip and head back to your spot or if you want simply go back around and get in line again.

Now about the times you are looking at. The 15.07 run posted in my signature was acheived at MAR raceway in Missouri. Altitude 600 ft. Banimere sits at almost 6000 ft. There is a tremendous penalty for this altitude. I will PM you a list of my mods and times that I ran at Bandy and some other tracks.

My best time at Bandimere has been 16.77. I am thinking that with the high stall TC and the upgraded tranny I can lower that a bit.

Tony

Tony McColl
1994 LX 4.6L
New motor as of Aug 1st.
No Dyno Numbers yet.

post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-24-2007, 01:33 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear Poster

Hey Mickey and jonlittle, are you guys down for a Bandimere night when the wednesday night races start again?

I think that would be pretty cool, we dont have very much MN-12 stuff goin on around here.

-Paul

''94 T-Bird LX 4.6L SOHC
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-25-2007, 12:23 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear Poster

Sorry Max. I keep calling you Mickey, cuz of the avatar.

''94 T-Bird LX 4.6L SOHC
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-07-2007, 02:03 AM
1st Gear Poster

Send a message via Yahoo to allenc1007
Hi. I am brand new to the TCCOA. I have had my 91 TBird Sport since 98. She has been all over the States and seen the German Autobahn. She is tired in the beauty department but has a new heart and soul. I Live down in Fountain, right outside of Ft Carson's Gate 20. I am currently Deployed to Iraq and while here my Bird is getting a new Rear. My question is- does anyone have a paint shop they recomend that does good but affordable work? I am also looking for a 92 and up fuel tank (so I can do the exhaust mod). Any help is appreciated. Thanx, Chris A
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-07-2007, 02:36 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to Traveler
I may be able to help with the gas tank. I've got a 97 T-bird I'm parting out. I think Tony is going to try to make it to my fix-it-meet the first weekend in May.

I'm not sure where Fountain is in relation to Fort Collins but I'm certain its closer to you than Parsons is. At any rate, if everything goes right and if Tony has room he could pick up the tank and bring it to you (or to your car anyway)

That is of course if Tony feels like doing that. (Sorry Tony, guess I should check with you first)

And welcome to the club!

1997 Thunderbird Sport
Low Miles
Wifes Car
destined to remain stock

1997 T-Bird GT 4.6
80 MM Mustang GT MAF - P&P'd Mustang GT TB and Intake Plenum - PI Intake manifold - PI Heads
Mark VIII Torque Converter - J-Modded 4R70W transmission - Mark VIII Aluminum Driveshaft - 3.73 gears
PBR Brake Calipers - Eibach Springs - KYB Shocks
'89 SuperCoupe front and rear sway bars
SCT Chip programmed by Lonnie Doll
255/50/16 Falken Ziex ZE-512's
True Dual exhaust with Magnaflow DI/DO muffler
<<< SOLD >>>
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-07-2007, 07:19 AM
PostWhore

Hey Michael,

Right now it DOES look like I will be attending. How many guys are still coming?
Did I see that Melon had to drop out?

I want dibs on the cruise control stuff as mine has stopped working. Any Ideas?

Hello Chris. If I do make it over to Michaels I shoud be able to bring back the tank as long as it will fit in the trunk.

As for the paint job I had mine painted up in CHeyenne and I am real happy with it. Most of the body shops wanted $4 -$5 K and then there is Maaco.
I paid about $2K and that included some minor body work, straightening up the hood and installing my big SS hood pins.

I think Michael will agree it looks pretty good. (Just dont look at the hood - too many highway miles have taken there toll)

Lets stay in touch

Tony

Tony McColl
1994 LX 4.6L
New motor as of Aug 1st.
No Dyno Numbers yet.

post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-07-2007, 11:17 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to Traveler
Tony's car is the reason I want a hood like that. It is a good looking car.

Chris, I'd ask you to come on over to the Meet with Tony; but since you're in Iraq we'll just have to raise a glass (or bottle or can ) at the meet and say "Here's to you Chris, thanks to you and those with you".

1997 Thunderbird Sport
Low Miles
Wifes Car
destined to remain stock

1997 T-Bird GT 4.6
80 MM Mustang GT MAF - P&P'd Mustang GT TB and Intake Plenum - PI Intake manifold - PI Heads
Mark VIII Torque Converter - J-Modded 4R70W transmission - Mark VIII Aluminum Driveshaft - 3.73 gears
PBR Brake Calipers - Eibach Springs - KYB Shocks
'89 SuperCoupe front and rear sway bars
SCT Chip programmed by Lonnie Doll
255/50/16 Falken Ziex ZE-512's
True Dual exhaust with Magnaflow DI/DO muffler
<<< SOLD >>>
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-17-2007, 01:15 PM
Seasoned Veteran Poster

Send a message via AIM to slayer
Tony has a very nice car. Judging by your sig, fordmuscle, you are looking at closer to a 18 time. My bird (was a '94) was a half a second or more slower than Tony's if I remember right... Something like that at least. If you guys are gonna do the Weds night thing if I get a couple weeks notice I would like to tag along. No longer have a Tbird (been keeping my eye on the for sale section recently) but would like to get a base time for my truck. It is sloowwwww, but still wanna see what it will run before I drop in new injectors and some tuning...

Sam

"It is it's natural manure." - Thomas Jefferson
"Me, I prefer democracy - even if it means letting dumb people like me have our say - and our votes. Studies have shown that when you let dumb people vote, it works out way better than letting experts make all the political decisions." Orson Scott Card
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-17-2007, 06:50 PM
PostWhore

Hey Sam,

Good to hear from you. I hope all is well. I have not heard from Paul for a while but I am sure we will go to the track sometime this season and I will let you know when I hear.

I have not run out at Bandimere for some time. The best I have done out there was a 16.7. I think the car will be a little faster than that now.

We ran out at Julesburg back in Sept and it ran 15.7 there. I am going to run in Missouri on May the 4th and I am hoping for a new low altitude best. I ran 15.14 last time against a previous best of 15.07. I think I have a good shot at the magic numbers next time based on a learning experience at Bandimere and at Julesburg but we will see. The motor will have over 210,000 when I get to the track.

What are you looking for in a Tbird?

Keep in touch.

Tony

Tony McColl
1994 LX 4.6L
New motor as of Aug 1st.
No Dyno Numbers yet.

post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-19-2007, 02:35 PM
Seasoned Veteran Poster

Send a message via AIM to slayer
Hey Tony, things are going well. I am getting married end of next month and my "bachelor party" (paintball trip) is the weekend of May 4th

My truck ('96 F-350 Diesel) has quite a few problems with it right now that I am working out, and once this wedding thing is taken care of I should have a little bit of cash to put some better injectors and some custom tuning. My dyno numbers are around 185hp and the torque wasn't calculated accurately. End of the summer I am hoping to be closer to 250-300hp with the injectors and tuning...

As far as the Tbird - would really like to find a good solid running bird. (So I can park the truck). Given the prices of some of the modified birds if I could find a '96-97 that has been worked over engine wise that is really what I am looking for. The other is a SC that is in good condition ie solid daily driver... Won't be ready to do anything for probably 2 months (paying for the wedding ourselves so extra money right now doesn't exist ). If you know of any let me know.

Sam

"It is it's natural manure." - Thomas Jefferson
"Me, I prefer democracy - even if it means letting dumb people like me have our say - and our votes. Studies have shown that when you let dumb people vote, it works out way better than letting experts make all the political decisions." Orson Scott Card
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-26-2007, 06:39 PM
1st Gear Poster

thanx-for the info on your tank, my Bird just go the rear finished and the shop has some ideas about a custom exhaust without changing the tank, soI will see what they have to say.
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-26-2007, 06:44 PM
1st Gear Poster

OUCH! I didnt realize paint wouldbe so much! BUT, I do lovemy BIRD. Thanxforthe tip (and the beer your goingtotipforme)
post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-26-2007, 08:57 PM
PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer View Post
Hey Tony, things are going well. I am getting married end of next month and my "bachelor party" (paintball trip) is the weekend of May 4th

As far as the Tbird - would really like to find a good solid running bird. (So I can park the truck). Given the prices of some of the modified birds if I could find a '96-97 that has been worked over engine wise that is really what I am looking for. The other is a SC that is in good condition ie solid daily driver... Won't be ready to do anything for probably 2 months (paying for the wedding ourselves so extra money right now doesn't exist ). If you know of any let me know.

Sam

Sam,

My mechanic friend up here has a nice SC for sale. It has a bit of miles on it but has been well maintained. He has done a lot of work for me.

I can get pictures if you want.

Tony

Tony McColl
1994 LX 4.6L
New motor as of Aug 1st.
No Dyno Numbers yet.

post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-26-2007, 08:59 PM
PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenc1007 View Post
thanx-for the info on your tank, my Bird just go the rear finished and the shop has some ideas about a custom exhaust without changing the tank, soI will see what they have to say.
They should be able to build an exhaust with out messing with the tank. Was there a problem with it?

I know a guy in WY who can build you a good wexhaust if you need it.

Tony

Tony McColl
1994 LX 4.6L
New motor as of Aug 1st.
No Dyno Numbers yet.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in