TCCoA Forums banner

SO long to my car

2K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  Paddycake 
#1 ·
It's stuck in NOLA and Im in Shreveport. All you guys GET THE HELL OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#3 ·
Well Im staying ... we are in a strong area, high ground, brick, double roof, roof re-enforced with steel structuring.
I really just got back home from work so i didnt have much planning time.

#4 ·
I'll be selling whatevers left of my car after the storm I guess. I have a deal on a 13 sec SC so Im going to pick it up.

#5 ·
ITT-BIRD said:
Well Im staying ... we are in a strong area, high ground, brick, double roof, roof re-enforced with steel structuring.
I really just got back home from work so i didnt have much planning time.
Sounds like a strong structure, but hope you can with stand being under 20 to 30 ft. of water. So unless you're already 20 above sea level, I'd be very concerned. You also have to be concerned about all the debris that gets smashed into your dwellling. Unless you have a generator, you probably won't have any power for a couple of weeks at least.

The wind around the eye wall of the storm is equivilant to an F-3 tornado. The reason bldg's get destroyed in a tornado is due to all the air pressure outside the dwelling being suddenly sucked away and all the air pressure inside the bldg blows out.

Hope you don't take a direct hit, this storm has hurricane force winds extending 190 miles out from the eye.

Good luck, you're gonna need it.

#6 ·
Thanks ... Im worried that a few places that my friends and family lives at wont make. They are leaving/left already ... but i have one knuckle head that i need to talk into getting somewhere safer.
Water where im at wont be a problem. If my where i live goes under... so will 90% of houma. and our entire compound is built at least an additional 8' above surrounding neighborhood.

If i need a gen ill go get one of my dads.

#9 ·
Well most of us know by now that the Gulf Coast in Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama have been hit hard by Hurricane Katrina.

New Orleans and the majority of a wide surrounding area have suffered a multitude of problems beyond that of the storm itself. Much are without the resources to continue to stay in the area... communication is minimal at best.

Please let us know that you have evacuated the area and are safe and where you are or plan to be until it's safe to return.

God Bless

#10 ·
all us in ms are worried bout the LA crew hope you guys are ok. and made it through the storm ok. chris in ms checkin in on ya. god bless!

#11 ·
Hey guys, just found this thread. So far it has been a very long two months that has taken me all across LA, MS, TX and even up to Kansas City and Omaha. My work has relocated to Baton Rouge and hopefully in another 3 weeks we will be able to return home. My apartment was on the third floor and survived without any damage.

My son, his mom, and their entire family used to stay in the 9th Ward, not anymore! They lost everything and have been relocated to Georgia permanently through the Red Cross. That's the hardest part for me, explaining why I can't be there all the time and now missing Halloween. That was something me and him used to do every year. My soon to be fiancee has been moved to Nebraska and it is easy to just feel lonely after losing what you held closest.

Everybody out there, just count your blessings and remember how fortunate you are. Make sure to hug your loved ones and next time your kid wants to do something and you have a killer headache or are tired, just do it anyway. You never know what tomorrow brings.

On an upside, the T-Bird made it out with me and through countless miles and hours of traffic, she has held up without a hitch! (Running to knock on wood) God I love this car! :D

#13 ·
Man U just need to come up north. PS AS I type this it's snowing...... we gots work here and plenty o peeps who are friendly.
Where in Ga did your son and family get relocated to? I have some friends in ATL who might be able to check in on em and help em out from time to time if they are local( say within 50 miles).
PS My new birdy is totally different than my Cat. Where the 4.6(5.2) is soft down low the 5.0 bird has it all over untill about 3500 where it starts to fall off, course its mostly stock(yah I know I told myself that I wouldn't tear into it that lasted about a week).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.