TCCoA Forums banner

Jlt Cai

1K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  Porkchop 
#1 ·
Hi there everyone. Getting ready to do the PI intake swap and was thinking that sometime or another i'd get an intake tube. It appears that many mustang owners favor the JLT CAI over other intake systems. My question is has anyone tried to retrofit this CAI onto their MN12? It looks like it will work if i change the angle of the air filter to go down where the air silencer is instead of inside the fenderwell? Just wondering if anyone has tried this or soemthing similar. Thanks alot everyone.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/jlt-96-04-gt-cai.html

#2 ·
I was going to get a JLT RAI kit for my bird, but some assclown named Jay Tucker said there is NO way the RAI kit will ever fit my car....so based on that, I would search for another kit or find the RAI kit on ebay and send him a pic.

#5 ·
Hmm... Well maybe i should try it and see how it works out. I'm sure little modification will be needed. Maybe a little bend here and there. Anyone try any other intakes ment for mustangs but just modify it for our MN12's?

#6 ·
yes mike (porkchop) used a bbk mustang intake with a 60 degree pipe to change the angle (I think) I'm sure he'll chime in soon enough. This is getting discussed very often lately.

#7 ·
im still a fan of going to exhaust shop and theu can do whatever you want. hell u can cut a hole in ur hood and put a snorkle like the Jeeps ahaha, but really it would cost like $50-$100 for a exhaust shop to bend u something up or rig it up out of scrap tubes thay have. or theymight have the right stuff u need and give it to you for free.

#11 ·
I guess the good thing about cold air intakes in general is you can alwyas MAKE it fit... No matter how much u have to cut, chop, weld, hahaha... I'll probably end up getting after the PI swap and so on...

#12 ·
I have a similar item on my 94. I got it brand new from the e-bay as a whole kit for a crustang, but ended up using only two clamps, one [das] boot, and the pipe that turns in toward the throttle body. Oh, I forgot to mention that I've a 2004 Exploder engine. I paid only less than 30 dollars, including shipping, for the kit. I'm sure there are probably still some similar items on the e-bay; heaven forbid we ever run out of crustang parts...... I had to stretch the boot to get it to go around the 75mm throttle body, and I also used the original boot (I'm only calling them boots because don't know the real name) from the air intake tube thinggy to the throttle body to go between the mass air sensor and the tube from the kit. It looks a little akward in there, but it works perfectly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.