Guess What?.....Getting True Duals Tommorrow - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-30-2002, 12:12 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to jgersin04 Send a message via Yahoo to jgersin04
Cool Guess What?.....Getting True Duals Tommorrow

i am getting true dual exhaust done on my car tommorrow...and for only 200$ anyone else here have true dual and if you do how much better does it sound than the regular exhaust?

1994 Ford Thundbird LX 4.6L V-8 OHC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-30-2002, 12:55 AM

Send a message via AIM to dru440 Send a message via Yahoo to dru440
Thumbs up man thats beautiful

i cant wait to hear what it sounds like!!!

95 mustang gt 5.0, 5spd, 180*t-stat, 373 gears, 24lb inj. 75mm maf, mac cai, 14* timing, bfg drag radials, mac ud pulleys, flowmasters catback dumped, mac or h pipe
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-30-2002, 02:00 PM
Drag racing with Jesus

Thumbs up Duals in Ohio

Sound like a good deal !!!

Will they be installing an X or H pipe?
What brand of Mufflers ??
Using original hanger locations?
Could you post pictures ?
Name and Phone # of exhaust shop?

Nosey !!! Aint I === I live in Vermilion
Ohio and have been interested in a
true dual set-up !!!!

Thanks [email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-30-2002, 09:43 PM
4th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to NickFL Send a message via Yahoo to NickFL
That is a good price...

...for true duals. I imagine that they are going to use compression bends as opposed to mandrels. Also, I dont imagine that the price includes mufflers does it? When I got mine done a couple of years ago, the sound was great. I also had my third cat and resonator cut off, and had Dynomax mufflers installed in the stock locations. The one thing that I neglected to do was have either an X or an H pipe installed. What are you going to do? What mufflers are you going with, and what size pipes? Good luck, and you will be happy with it.

Now with Flowmaster 40's...(not a good pic)

Later, NickFL
[email protected]
2004 COBRA COUPE #3036 of 3768 OXFORD WHITE; 601.5 RWHP @ 6450 RPM; 595.2 lb/ft Torque @ 3750 RPM; 18* Timing | 18.5 PSI Boost | 11.94 AF

Whipple 2.3L | Steeda idler | Reichard idler pulleys | Metco 2# Lower | Reichard 3.0 Upper | Magnaflow Catted X-pipe | Magnaflow Catback | Focus Pumps | 8AN lines | CPR rails | SD 60lb injectors | TR6 Plugs | Revolution chip | MAFiA | BBK T-body | Steeda CAI | Custom heat exchanger | Royal Purple coolant additive | Kenny Brown super subs | Steeda lowering springs | IRS bushings | IRS weld in braces | FPDM rewire | MT ET Street Radials | Centerforce clutch | Steeda billet quad and cable | Lunar boost and fuel gauges | Autometer gauge panel
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-31-2002, 01:26 AM
Sheepish

Send a message via AIM to AverageJoe Send a message via Yahoo to AverageJoe
Be sure to give us pics of your true duals setup when its done.

And Nick, your bird is haunting me! I really like the way your exhaust tips poke out from under the Raxxi gfx. (Am I the only one that actually LIKES Razzis skirts?) Mine just has chrome turn downs poking out.

B Team - More skill, more results. A is only a starting point before progressing to B.

Member of the 'B-Team'. Finishing jobs the 'A-Team' can't handle.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-31-2002, 03:55 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to 4 Cam Bird
When I swapped the motor I got duals with an x and flowmasters. I have some exhaust pics along with my engine swap pics. The film returns on Thursday and I will post all pictures then. The exhaust I had done is very similar to that seen here though:
http://www.speedfreak.cc/products/texhaust/
but having it done at a shop it is not mandrel bent and it was half as much with better mufflers.

Former owner of 94 Bird with DOHC 4.6L swapped from a mark VIII

2011 CTS-V Wagon
1968 Torino was an original 289, C4, fully documented numbers matching car. Now: DOHC 4.6L/T-56 swapped, Cobra intake, IMRC delete, BBK long tubes and H pipe. Dynotech Aluminum Driveshaft, 9" rear with TrueTrac and 4.11's.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-02-2002, 12:44 PM
2nd Gear Poster

I've got the ART true dual and have Mac Flowpaths at the back and it sounds incredible. I like the fact that it's deep because of the Mac mufflers but it has that high pitch scream of the o/r X pipe. The ART system is top quality, and once I get the new motor in (if ever, hopefully by the end of this year) I will be taking the rear section off and putting Dynomax Race bullets dumped right before the axle. I could tell a difference up top without the Mac's, so bullets are my logical choice. Jgersin04 you will never go back to a single pipe setup once you hear the duals

95 T-Bird
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-03-2002, 01:52 PM
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to BlackbirdSport
hey, another ohio guy..with duals. That makes 3. I have dual 2.25" and it sounds awsome. I made the system and set it up so that I can remove the mufflers with 4 bolts, then it sounds Fkin mean. Keep in mind though, you'd make more torque on a smaller exhaust, what size pipe are they using?

"Keep making it thinner until it breaks, then go one size bigger."
My Cougar XR7

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in