The swap is not that hard to me. I have done it twice and can do it in a few days...
The NA needs heads and an intake. The intake is coming at HPS
! You need an aluminum intake like I have just in case you wanted to blast her with NoX.
But this thread is asking about a SC 5.4L... There your best reference is Jake
1) yes, the sohc 5.4 will fit
2) greenleafauto.com or your local junk yard
3) no, a dohc 5.4 will not fit w/out extensive modifications
4) greenleafauto.com $1,700; local junk yard $600 engine/tranny only
6) vfn hood, supercoupeperformance.com, cobra r hood
7) mild boost nothing, more than 15 lbs forge everything/lower compression
8) your call trac-lok, ox locker, open, 4.10 or 3.73 depending
9) 300-350 hp roughly
10) you need a chip go to sctchips or blueovalchips.com
I agree with Chris but wiht the following clarifications:
4) Though outdated this is what it cost me back in 99
5) Allen would be a easier choice because their intake will flow better. At one time they were willing to make a wider version of the 4.6L T-Bird SC kit. This is the option I recommended to Jake but he was a Master Merchant Mechanic and wanted to build something. Plus he could not afford to buy a SC kit and his labor was free...
6) You may need a custom hood. If I had to do it all over again I would buy or modify my K-member so the whole thing sat lower. (keep stock suspension height and custom pinion angle) like I discussed here
. Then a nice set of Kooks headers just may fit and improve things greatly. Otherwise you will have to mod your stock headers. I can give you info on that too...
8) 3.27 or 3.55 are the best for a 5.4L in a MN12. More than that it will be hard to drive. The choice should be made on your power band in a Dyno run. You are going to need a strong transmission. I have an Art-Carr.
9) Problem with Allen is that you are not going to get more than 350 HP with a M90. A 5.4L can use a larger blower. Remember your intake, heads, headers and exhaust must all be designed for high air flow. My heads/ headers are restrictive. Jakes was more so since he had NG heads. The system flow and HP will be determined by the lowest flow component.
10) To date most of the 5.4L's were tuned by Diablo. Not saying that Lonnie can not do it. We all know he is capable. But as far as I know to this date he has not tuned a 5.4L on a dyno. Diablo has the experience and the history at the factory.
To be honest I would look at a EEC tuner instead of the chip. The EEC tuner
files (GUI) for a 94/ 95 are exceptional and will allow you to do whatever you want with that engine.