Fort Wayne, IN area mechanic - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 12-26-2007, 11:07 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear Poster

Fort Wayne, IN area mechanic

I'm not home a lot or for long. But I'm working on building up my 94 cat. I need a reasonably priced, reliable, and trustworthy mechanic that is knowledgeable/experienced with the various MN-12 mods and projects. my cat is going to be a long, slow project....so it's gonna be doing quite a bit of sitting. However, i want the work to be completed as the parts/$$$ are made available.

For the most part, i am expecting to rebuild or replace every major mechanical component on the car, but the interior and bodywork will be farmed out to the appropriate companies. This will include an engine swap to later model. Depending on time and $$$ the engine going in may need to be torn down and sent to a local engine shop for freshening/modification.

I'm not looking for storage fees as this will slow down the project. And, i'm looking for better rates than the shops will charge me. I'm looking for a full or part time mechanic with the proper tools/equipment and experience to work on my car....more than likely, from home and not mind the car sitting next to the garage for extended periods. I would prefer an MN-12 owner who has already done most of what i'm looking to do. NO ROOKIES. This will be a complex project.

In the past, I was the resident mechanic amongst my circle of friends. So, i am knowledgeable about the tasks that will be undertaken with this car. i have done old school V8 swaps as well as late model conversions. I have formal automotive training. I have only the tests standing between me and ASE certification.

However, now that i am a truck driver, time and opportunity are more of an issue than money. You're not going to get rich off of me. But, this is a great opportunity to make extra cash to fund your own projects or just make a dent in your bills. Also, there may be opportunity to have access to parts not used/removed for disposal as you see fit, with prior authorization.

So, this post is a feeler for anyone in the area that is upto the task BEFORE i resort to shop labor rates.

The Future looks "Black & Tan" for this cat
94 XR-7(mostly bone stock)
-Merc-V conversion
-10-pass tranny cooler
-J-modded valve body, MarkVIII driveshaft, and underdrive pulleys waitin on install
-tryin to wash that teal paint off of my car

Drawing Board;
-too much to list!
-But thanks to TCCOA, the parts list is gettin smaller
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in