Have you even looked at the car, or did you just drive it home and park the damn thing!?
You were driving, and your voltmeter was reading low. <--- first clue, this is generally not good.
Then you began to smell burning wires and noticed there was a problem with your lights in the car. <--- dead giveaway of a short.
You might wanna go out and disconnect your battery or something, so your car doesn't burn down. Maybe you have done all of this, but you didn't mention it, so...
Find out where that cheese-ball remote start is and I'll bet there are burned wires connected to it, probably twisted together and wrapped with electrical tape instead of soldered or spliced correctly. Sounds like there is damage to some of the factory wiring also. Might need a new dash harness, fuse box, whatever. Let us know, and don't forget to check around the generator and fuse panel also, there is a chance you could have damaged some components there.
Stupid aftermarket remote start....I always try to build my own circuits before I trust that Chinese-made crap which is generally installed by a moron with no idea of what he is doing when it comes to choosing the proper connection method and wire routing.