I used a tight 90 degree turn.
I wanted to do the complete deal, but after clobbering the water pump for a few weeks, I went with a pre-fabbed tight 90 deg hose that cost ten dollars, but saved time. I cut off the elbow end of the Mustang cross over pipe, but then worked it over to make it round. You will have to check roundness, as the bend in mine went oval shape for a distance. If the hose ever leaks, the alternater will come off to change it out. I also used the pi intake to make a rough template against the head. Then I ground a slight chamfer on the head's intake ports to kind-of sort-of get a match and maybe improved flow.